25 ways to wear 250 akoya pearls

Lugana

I was impressed with the photos of other ladies of their rope variants, so I dag out my akoya rope as well :)

The pearls themselves are nothing special: 250 baroque akoya pearls divided into 2 necklaces: 92" and 20" with same clasps.

So here are a few of my variants))
Disclaimer: all of the below should have been done slightly better: better twisted, better posed, and better photographed. But it didn't happen somehow) sorry)

Loops - the easiest, so I tried not to do too many repetitive ones.
Loops.jpg

Twists
Twists.jpg

Knots
Knots.jpg

Gatsby :)
Gatsby.jpg

Chokers
FullSizeRender-13.jpg

And the 25th one - that's been my favourite for a while, takes so long to twist that it was even storage like that))
25.jpg

Last edited:
WOW very creative and great ideas to try. I'll have to dig out my 100 inch ropes and try a few of them :)

Pictures are great. So inventive and more interesting then just multi strands. I can't wait to play with my own long strands.

WOW those looks are all fabulous, and oh, those chokers!!! Welcome to Pearl-Guide, Lugana; what a spectacular first post :)

The 4 strand torsade is my favorite too. (that is the way I wear my 112" rope) :)

Welcome, Lugana!
Nice variations! So much fun to play with long ropes...the choices are endless!

I love the different ways you wear your long rope. Thanks for inspiring me

Thank you for your comments ladies) it's my first post, but I'm not new to the forum - I'm a silent reader usually :)
The pearls are 8.5-9mm, if I'm not mistaken.

Ooops I forgot to attach the Tie varients last night - so now it's a true set of 25 variants :)
Ties.jpg

What a way to join us with a bang!

Thanks! I love having all those patterns in a thread with an easy to find title!

I have never figured out one single design other than looping and I never even did the loop with the knot. Thanks again!

If that necklace had several pieces joined by matching clasps, I wonder what you could do with it.......?

I love it! It's nice to get ideas for ways to wear a longer rope.

Caitlin, thank you) it is indeed two necklaces: a 20" and a 92". For example, I sometimes make a rosantica-style necklace (I don't know why it reminds me of rosantica)):
FullSizeRender-11.jpg

I think Lugana just lifted the bar for introductory posts lol. :eek:

I used to do some of this with ropes of faux pearls for the mannequins when I was a visuals coordinator, but nothing quite as intricate as what you've styled , boy I wish I knew back then!!! I sure hope fashion stylist follow this board.

This is my fav, so classy and elegant reminds me of Dowager Countess of Grantham:

lugana pearls.jpg

I could picture some large drops hanging from the swags

Last edited:
Back