• Octavia's Mom

Article Preview
    Carolyn Ehret operates Ehret Design Gallery on eBay, a favorite of our members, and myself! If you find yourself having to wait for a car repair or a delayed appointment, I can practically guarantee that ...
    Article Preview
    Dear Pearl Friends,

If you will be in Southern California on April 27th, you will want to attend the 16th Annual Sinkankas Symposium on Pearls! It's an all-day event at the Carlsbad campus of the Gemological Institute of ...
    Article Preview
    The American Gem Trade Association's Tucson Gemfair has an outstanding lineup of seminars for next year's show. Of particular interest to Pearl Guide readers is the participation of three stellar pearl experts: Betty Sue King, Gina Latandresse and Elisabeth Strack.
    Article Preview
    Looking through photos from this summer, I noticed that all the photos where I am wearing pearls are the ones where I am joyous and glowing. Could there be a transfer of radiance from the pearls to the wearer? Can pearls fill the soul with ...
    Article Preview
    Karen Suen's eye for color will steal your heart. You will need to visit the collection on her website to see the finest use of clam pearl, conch pearl, opals and diamonds in a ring that I have ever seen. Searching through the jewelry images ...
    Article Preview
    This is not a pearl.

The giant clam, Tridacna gigas, is under attack. The rumor mill never rests on the subject of giant clam “pearls”. They are supposed to be worth millions, if not hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Clam pearls, technically calcareous concretions, do exist. Good clam pearls most often come from ...
    Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast