Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Second-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member

Still lovely, Ivona, still... I like them!

No head hanging needed, it's just pearls

Gd luck to the refund.

Pearl Journalist Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert GemGeek's Avatar

You got some beauties. I'm sorry that it didn't work out for the strand.
    GemGeek
    The World Is My Oyster!

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Amrita's Avatar

Those are some pretty pearls, Ivona! Sorry the strand did not work out, though..

Perpetual Pearl Student Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert lisa c's Avatar

I think they should hang their heads with shame, and sorrow at the foolishness of wasting the opportunity to establish a good working relationship with you. I guess that's naive of me. Obviously, someone feels 'hit and run' is more profitable than a sustained business. Sad for you.

They should send you a full refund including postage.

Ivona, I'm sorry to hear about that. I'm curious about the strand though, other than the flaws on the backside, are the color and luster very different from the picture they sent you?

I've been looking for this kind of pearls as well, since pearls are very hard to photograph, it makes it harder to buy based on pictures.

Baroque Pearl Senior Guide Member imanit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by perlinda View Post
    Ivona, I'm sorry to hear about that. I'm curious about the strand though, other than the flaws on the backside, are the color and luster very different from the picture they sent you?

I've been looking for this kind of pearls as well, since pearls are very hard to photograph, it makes it harder to buy based on pictures.
    Yes. If I placed pearls carefully like they did, I would get same picture. color & luster were good on part of every pearls. Smaller pearls at the ends were clean and both sides were good, unfortunately most central 2/3 of the strand was not up to standard.

I got refund already..... even if they still did not receive the package with returned product.

Lets continue to look for rare and unique... LoL...
    Ivona

Considering the good enough loose pearls you've received, so I think there's potential to make a good strand. I don't know why they chose worse pearls instead for most of the pearls in the strand... this makes me want to fly to China and handpick the pearls myself, lol.

And that's good you've already received refund! Actually I've purchased from Zhejiang Runfeng before, and I was ok with the pearls so there was no return/refund process. However it's good to know that they're at least not trying to make it difficult.

Perpetual Pearl Student Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert lisa c's Avatar

Good that they're not trying to make it difficult, sure, but losing $70 for shipping? When they didn't send a strand as good as their photographs?

Baroque Pearl Senior Guide Member imanit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lisa c View Post
    Good that they're not trying to make it difficult, sure, but losing $70 for shipping? When they didn't send a strand as good as their photographs?
    They told me not to bother sending the strand back... I couldn't go for that.
    I would hate if anybody there would think that I benefited in any way from this botched transaction.

I think that $70 is a fair price to pay for the lesson learned... I could have. should have ask for more pictures... but I didn't....I was in too much of a rush to put my hands on this "amazing" strand....and I do know better... so no excuses for my lack of caution...
    Ivona