Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wish lists

Pearl Journalist Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert GemGeek's Avatar

I am lucky to have a lot of pretty pearls. Although I mostly wear pearl pendants, I've always wanted a waist-length necklace of South Sea baroques. I see them at events at GIA now and then. Last month I saw one on jewelry designer Katey Brunini. <sigh>
    GemGeek
    The World Is My Oyster!

Perpetual Pearl Student Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert lisa c's Avatar

I'd love a pair of Kamoka buttons with Keisha drops on gold chains earrings, that would sway and catch the light
    And a big Kamoka strand that I could wind around my wrist 3x or more with Christmas-tree-ornament colors (like Cathy's bracelet)
    And white metallic freshwaters (like Caitlin's, and that young 25yo's who broke my heart when she got the other strand from PP)
    And a big plastic washbasket of multicolored pearls, (that Mikeyy assured me could be bought for only a couple of bucks)
    Last edited by lisa c; 06-19-2012 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Elaboration

Pearl Journalist Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert GemGeek's Avatar

We really need a "like" button!
    GemGeek
    The World Is My Oyster!

Perpetual Pearl Student Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert lisa c's Avatar

Blaire, all your posts would be covered up with "LIKE" buttons! How would we be able to see your stuff under all the thumbs ups?

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert KarinK's Avatar

I just recalled a long colour graded necklace with Tahiti and SSP's I saw last August... Me like!!

- Karin

First-graft Pearl

Oh to dream.... My wish list consists of a beautiful SS golden neacklace and bracelet. I would love to travel to Rukus or directly to farms to see and learn more about the beautiful pearls I read so much about. I would also like a small collection of rare pearls on an interchangeable necklace to wear everyday and change. I would also love to shop with my sisters and help them get their dream pearls.

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert dkan 168's Avatar

For pearls, a strand of blue round Tahitians, 12-14mm in size with a diamond pave ball clasp; a strand of baroque free form white South Seas, 14-18mm in size, again, with a diamond pave ball clasp.

If money is no object, I would like to have a couple of interchangeable clasps made, heart shape, in 18k WG, one set with rubies and diamonds, one with pink sapphire and diamonds, and one with diamonds only, so that I can use them for the bigger single strands of pearls.

Back to the real world, a camping trailer is top of the wish list as I have run out of space in the car and roof box and cannot take my folding bike on camping trips!

DK
    Treat every life situation like a dog: if you can't play with it, eat it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away

I would like one decent 6.75 mm pearl with a lot of rose overtone, to repair some ear screws from the 1950s. All the pearls I can find so far are bleached too white to match.
    Also some "trash pearls" to mix with recycled glass beads for some fun jewelry