Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PP metallic fwp

Default PP metallic fwp

Here are pictures of my new double-strand of metallic fwp from Pearl Paradise. These are 7.0 mm - 7.5 mm. When I first opened the box I was a little disappointed since they are much smaller than the jawbreaker-sized pearls I acquired recently. But after wearing them a few times, I've really come to like the size, especially since they are very shiny! Like when Alex says that there is a glow coming out of the pearl box -- they are that shiny.

I love that they are so shiny that they barely look like fwp, but for the classic range of fwp colors.

Name:  Library - 6763.jpg
Views: 527
Size:  14.5 KB Name:  Library - 6770.jpg
Views: 538
Size:  20.7 KB

Name:  Library - 6742.jpg
Views: 534
Size:  12.6 KB

And while I'm at it, I thought I'd add some pictures of the recently-finished necklaces of pearls I've posted about previously...

Champagne colored Chinese bead-nucleated fwp
    Name:  Library - 6759.jpg
Views: 539
Size:  11.4 KB

Dyed silver Chinese fwp keshi (from Kojima)
    Name:  Library - 6754.jpg
Views: 540
Size:  13.5 KB

Lavender Chinese fwp (from Kojima)
    Name:  Library - 6756.jpg
Views: 575
Size:  15.0 KB

Hanaleimom is offline Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

Hi Lulu,
    You have some nice acquisitions there. I like the PP double strand and Kojima's lavender very much. They all look great on you beautiful neck.
    Cathy

lisa c is offline Perpetual Pearl Student Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

Oh, it's so fabulous when they look like they've just come in out of the rain! Great photos, pretty girl!

Gosh, Lulu, they all look fabulous on you! Hope you are getting lots of compliments! Can't say that I have a favorite. Now you have a different strand for every day of the week; pretty soon you'll have a different one for each day of the month!
    Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Wow. Every one of those necklaces is beautiful!
    Linda.

Quote Originally Posted by pattye View Post
    Now you have a different strand for every day of the week; pretty soon you'll have a different one for each day of the month!
    Lulu, they are lovely. You are a proud owner. Heed Pattye's words; it's a slippery slope into pearldom

Love the collection! I agree, they look great on you! I especially love the lavender chinese fwp from Kojima. Is that oval? How big is the size?

Thank you Linda, Pattye, Lisa and Cathy! I had no idea that Chinese fwp could be so beautiful and come in so many forms until I started lurking here. Now that I've started collecting, I'm having trouble saying "no". :-P

For sheer wearability, I love the lavender "eggs" and the metallic double-strand. So versatile. I've strung and re-strung the huge Chinese kasumis I think two or three times already. Each time, the strand feels too loose even though I swear I've been pulling the knots taut between each pearl. I thought it was because I wasn't using a heavy enough thread so I went from 20 lb. PowerPro to 30 lb. PowerPro. This time it's a little better and it's not noticeable when I'm wearing it, but *I* know and it bothers me. So I'm going to try 40 lb. PowerPro next (which I usually reserve for my heavier gemstones). I'll do that as soon as I feel like getting cuts all over my hands again. Every time I use the heavier weight PowerPro my hands look like I've been thumbwrestling my cats.

Hi Perlinda, Thank you!

The ovals are quite big. They are about 11 mm long by 9 mm, more or less. There is a little bit of variation on the strand and I've strung so that they're slightly graduated.

Thanks, Adeline! I already know the feeling of sliding down that slippery slope... It's scary when I tally up my wishlist and each day it gets a little bit longer...

No wonder the eggs look so big! I love them, they're stunning/eyecatching in that size without the hefty price of the round ones

Alex is offline First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member

Hi Lulu - oh my goodness me - that's quite a selection - they look fanatstic

favourites ? hmmmm..... well, 'shiny' has to figure, so the PP FWP metallics for sure....

but I think 'jawbreaker' has to figure too, so maybe the Champagne colored Chinese bead-nucleated fwp !!

sorry if those are the ones that are going to invlove the 40 lb. PowerPro, but thumbwrestling your cats sounds very cool - maybe you could wear gloves !!

so glad you joined PG, and thanks for sharing the great photos
    Alex

Katbran is offline Second-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member

whew ! You certainly have a great collection started! And its far too late to worry about the slippery slope...you are already sliding down with the rest of us!

Wow, great collection Lulu! Really like the metallic FW's. Enjoy and thanks for the neck pics!

I really like the size of the metallic fwp from PP. I too would have thought that 7.0-7.5 mm would be too small, but they really good great on you. It's all about scale and proportion. Love your entire collection, great choices.