Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: TRIP AROUND THE WORLD… Feb 28th - Mar 26th

Default TRIP AROUND THE WORLD… Feb 28th - Mar 26th

[IMG][/IMG]
    Pearls are farmed in some of the most beautiful and remote corners of the earth. On behalf of my family business, Imperial and the Cultured Pearl Association of America, I have the honor of traveling to these locations creating a documentary about all aspects of pearl farming. We’ll cover each evolutionary stage such as hatchery, seeding, farming, harvesting, processing etc., and interview farm owners- learning first hand the challenges and rewards of this extraordinary business. Another aspect I’m eager to discover and share with each of you is the native cultures of each region.

I will be leaving with a production company out of California going first to Hong Kong, then to Zhuji located in main land China to explore Chinese freshwater pearls.

From China, I will fly to the Philippines, which is the home of Jewelmer, renown farmers of the exotic Golden South Sea pearl.

From the Philippines I will head to Japan for a week where I will visit the city of Kobe, farms located in the area of Ise where the iconic white Akoya pearls are harvested and the hometown of legendary Kokichi Mikimoto.

From Japan its off to Fiji to meet Justin Hunter who owns farms that are producing some of the worlds most vibrant colored black pearls.

Finally I will visit the tropical paradise of Tahiti as a guest of Tahitian pearl powerhouse, Robert Wan, the man responsible for approximately 60% of the worlds’ black pearls.

Tahiti will complete my first journey over seas but there is one destination left which requires visiting later in the year due to the the peak harvest season, that is Australia! Located in the remote northwestern corner of Australia is the Paspaley pearling operation. The Paspaley Group are the largest farmers of what is possibly the worlds most luxurious and valuable pearls, the White South Sea.

I will be posting pictures and writing through out my trip on the Imperial facebook page. Many of the destinations are far removed from urban society therefore internet will be unaccessible. However, I will be sure to update my status upon my return to the cities. So stay tuned!

(Pearl guide members) Please feel free to suggest different topics that you would like to see addressed at these destinations, along with questions that you would like answered on film strait from the sources themselves.

Below is a link to Imperial facebook where you can follow my trip beginning on the 27th of February.

http://www.facebook.com/imperial.deltah

That is one heck of a trip!

Jeremy Please Join Josh on his trip it will be one heck of a trip. The pictures and film will be unbelievable

http://www.pearls.com/news2/pearlperspectives67.htm
    President of Imperial-Deltah
    Presently serve on the boards of the AGTA, CPAA and the Plumb Club
    30 Years in the Pearl Industry
    www.pearls.com

GemGeek is offline Pearl Educator Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

Josh and Jeremy together? Watch out! Seriously Josh, what can you ever do to follow up after the grand tour of pearl tours? I'm looking forward to hearing and seeing all about it.
    GemGeek
    The World Is My Oyster!

Quote Originally Posted by pbazar View Post
    Jeremy Please Join Josh on his trip it will be one heck of a trip. The pictures and film will be unbelievable

http://www.pearls.com/news2/pearlperspectives67.htm
    I will be there!

OMG! Jeremy, really? You are going on the whole trip?? That is just over the top fabulous!
    Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

I am planning on it, yes

Happy to have you onboard!!!

U guys should complete your trip with visits to Myanmar ( http://www.fieldgemology.org/Gemolog...outh%20sea.php
    and also a trip to Bali, Lombok, Ambon ( http://www.pearls.com/EDUCATION/GLAB...INDONESIA.html )

U guys should complete your trip with visits to and also a trip to Bali,

Next Year!
    President of Imperial-Deltah
    Presently serve on the boards of the AGTA, CPAA and the Plumb Club
    30 Years in the Pearl Industry
    www.pearls.com

lisa c is offline Perpetual Pearl Student Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

Wheeeeels-Up!

Wow, that sounds like a great trip! Who wouldn´t love to join in on that... I´m eager to see first pictures and videos! Further on I might have some questions on the availability of some video footage from the pearl farming grounds... Congratulations for the great journey!!!
    pearlgem

Ash is offline Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

Sigh, I say this will all love and respect I am soooo "jealous"! Seriously though, sounds like a fantastic trip! Travel safely! and please bring back lots of pictures and stories Pretty please???

Have a great time Guys!

Cheers
    Ash
    Cheers,
    Ash

smetzler is offline Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

New Zealand appears conspicuously absent from the itinerary, as I had the notion Imperial-Deltah was the US agent for Blue Eyris?
    Steve
    =======

The reason for not covering New Zealand's Eyris pearl is that we felt that it would have potentially been a conflict of interest. We received funding and support form the Cultured Pearl Association of America. Due to the fact that we are the sole distributer of Eyris pearls, it would be in only our interest to promote them. We are contemplating another trip to New Zealand to cover Eyris, as we would love to have that footage and feel that it is very important.