Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 37
  1. #1

    Question Pearl Auction Schedule

    Can anybody advise about the schedule for up coming pearl auctions? I have recently attended the Robert Wan Tahitian Pearl auction in Kobe, 1st TPJ Tahitian Pearl Collection Auction Kobe and the Bima South Sea Pearl auction in Bali.
    Last edited by Kevin Canning; 07-06-2009 at 09:30 PM. Reason: no advertising please

  2. #2

    Default Trying To Find The Best Way To Sell This Necklace.... Tell Me What You Think

    I have been trying to search for some too. I just contacted Christies Auction to submit a Tahitian Pearl Necklace that i want to auction off. It also has been appraised by the GIA. Its is very Beautiful with pearls "measuring 12.25-12.80mm. It has a greenish-black body color with green,silver and reddish purple overtones and high luster, moderately blemished (if you look very closely) and a thick nacre" - GIA Appraisal Tell me what you think...
    [IMG][/IMG]

    I have 3 more Tahitian necklaces that i would like to sell so any info would be helpful. Thank you
    Last edited by SharonHodel; 07-07-2009 at 09:07 PM. Reason: trying to get the picture up

  3. #3
    Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Caitlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    near Tucson AZ
    Posts
    8,513

    Default

    This thread is for selling (or buying) pearl batches.

    He mentioned the Wan auction. Wan IS NOT Christies or Bonhams& or outfits that auction jewelry it is where you buy the raw pearls in lots.

    That necklace is a honker. I thought the GIA did certifications, not appraisals. It sounds like you came on here to sell?

    Why don't you stick around and learn for a while. Your other post was not very good either.
    Last edited by Caitlin; 07-07-2009 at 10:30 PM.

  4. #4
    Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Caitlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    near Tucson AZ
    Posts
    8,513

    Default

    Your post was off-topic, too. You need to find some auction dates yourself and post them when your necklace is accepted. You jumped on someone's post to share that your's was for sale too. That is technically spamming.

    Quit promoting yourself and join us, if you are serious about using us as contacts, make friends first. We need to evaluate you and your pearls. What is your business name? We have several folks here who buy and sell, but that is not the reason they post. We get to know each other and share knowledge with each other.

    I have let you get away with a lot in an effort to get you to understand what posting here means, because you probably can bring something new to the table-once you take the trouble to see what we already know. If you disagree with opinions, then present your arguments. We'll decide whether to trust you and/or buy from you.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlin View Post
    That necklace is a honker. I thought the GIA did certifications, not appraisals. It sounds like you came on here to sell?

    Why don't you stick around and learn for a while. Your other post was not very good either.

    Sorry about the confusion, i meant to say that it was appraised by a GIA certified Appraiser. Thanks for you honest info though!

  6. #6
    Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Caitlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    near Tucson AZ
    Posts
    8,513

    Default

    Hi

    We personally do not use Appraisals for the retail value. We expect an honest mark-up on the price you paid. We are the wrong audience for your kind of salesmanship, so far.
    Last edited by Caitlin; 07-08-2009 at 06:23 AM.

  7. #7
    Super Moderator Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert jshepherd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Posts
    4,756

    Default

    Do you have a better picture of that strand? I am eager to tell you what I think, but want to be sure first.

  8. #8
    Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Caitlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    near Tucson AZ
    Posts
    8,513

    Default

    If you are going to say CFWP, I'd agree. Let's hope i am wrong!

  9. #9
    Super Moderator Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert jshepherd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Posts
    4,756

    Default

    Ah... I was going to wait for another photo!

  10. #10

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlin View Post
    Your post was off-topic, too. You need to find some auction dates yourself and post them when your necklace is accepted. You jumped on someone's post to share that your's was for sale too. That is technically spamming.

    Quit promoting yourself and join us, if you are serious about using us as contacts, make friends first. We need to evaluate you and your pearls. What is your business name? We have several folks here who buy and sell, but that is not the reason they post. We get to know each other and share knowledge with each other.

    I have let you get away with a lot in an effort to get you to understand what posting here means, because you probably can bring something new to the table-once you take the trouble to see what we already know. If you disagree with opinions, then present your arguments. We'll decide whether to trust you and/or buy from you.
    Little harsh? i don't think i was off topic because i was also looking for auctions,I just wanted to share my story and wanted to see what he/she thought about my necklace. I am new to this forum and would love to hear from other pearl lovers on what they think about my pearls. I don't think there is anything wrong with that.

    But i respect your opinion, i am new to "posting" and i guess i didn't do it wright. You said "we get to know each other" that's why i always tell a little about myself in each post. So you and other readers can get to know a little about my background. I never asked anyone directly to buy from me. Again, Thank you for your opinion and honesty.

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlin View Post
    This thread is for selling (or buying) pearl batches.

    He mentioned the Wan auction. Wan IS NOT Christies or Bonhams& or outfits that auction jewelry it is where you buy the raw pearls in lots.

    That necklace is a honker. I thought the GIA did certifications, not appraisals. It sounds like you came on here to sell?

    Why don't you stick around and learn for a while. Your other post was not very good either.
    I am not familiar with lot auctions at all, I made a little mistake and was just trying to say that i was looking for an auction to sell this particular one and a couple others. Sorry for the inconvenience.

  12. #12

    Default

    I get them directly from pearl farms. here are a couple more pictures...

  13. #13
    Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Caitlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    near Tucson AZ
    Posts
    8,513

    Default

    I know I sounded a bit sharp, but I bothered to answer because I think you can like it here.

    I don't blame you for not knowing what kind of auction Wan held; I was just pointing out that you have a lot to learn. Most people read for weeks and ask questions. If you read, you will soon find out who the other private wholesales and bead designer/makers are and who is supplying who from where.

    If you can't find another picture of that strand for Jeremy, maybe a photocopy of the GIA Certificate will help him decide.

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlin View Post
    If you are going to say CFWP, I'd agree. Let's hope i am wrong!
    They are Tahitian Pearls.

  15. #15
    Super Moderator Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert jshepherd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Posts
    4,756

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SharonHodel View Post
    I get them directly from pearl farms. here are a couple more pictures...
    The pictures weren't attached. Can you post them again?

Similar Threads

  1. The Pearl Market in Suzhou
    By Caitlin in forum Pearling Industry News
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-08-2008, 02:22 AM
  2. Dubai to host International Pearl Convention in November
    By Caitlin in forum Pearling Industry News
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-30-2007, 08:43 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-24-2007, 08:37 PM
  4. Pearl stories from the Persian Gulf
    By Caitlin in forum Pearl Books and Resources
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-04-2006, 09:02 PM
  5. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-28-2006, 02:04 PM