Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert KarinK's Avatar

Default Morganite beads?

As I intend to also use them with pearls, I hope I am not completely off topic here
    Do any of you ladies out in the big world know of a good source for morganite beads? I am looking for the clear, transparent ones, preferably facetted, coins or roundelles.

- Karin

Pearl Designer & Collector Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

KarenK,

I did buy a couple of strands a while back. Big ones but not clear. They were from eBay. Really the only thing to do is to have a look on eBay and hope you get lucky with the quality ones you want. Most are dyed too. Finding good quality facetted with a half decent colour might be hard. Just look for Morganite, facetted, beads and then try Morganitee + rondelles + facetted & leave facetted out if you don't have any luck.

They do look good with pearls. Pearls and pink are a natural. Good luck. If I spot any I will let you know.

Dawn - Bodecia
    http://stores.ebay.com/Dawns-Designer-Collections
    Natural pearl collector and all round pearl lover

purveyor of pearls Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert pearlescence's Avatar

what size, shape and how clear? do you mean without any colour? In which case clear quartz could substitute?

Pearl Designer & Collector Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

Hi Karen,

Here is a URL on eBay - these look okay to me http://www.ebay.com/itm/AAA-Pink-Ber...-/150683496911 I hope it works. Item no. 150683496911 as above but they are very pale pink. Supposedly naturally coloured though.

Just saw some really beautiful ones, everything you could want but a huge price on them - item no. 350473051886 this seller does sell quality beads but they are always expensive. At $495 a strand - wow. If you want them for resale forget it, I doubt there is any profit to be made there unless you have a customer with loads in their wallets.

Dawn - Bodecia

Wendy, doubt Karen means totally clear, more likely means clean ..

Dawn - Bodecia

Thanks Dawn and Wendy, rumour has it that morganite on eBya often is rosequartz or dyed quartz. I have a secret identity (da, da, daaaa) as energy sensitive (as in metaphysical) so quartz would not do the trick for me. They just don't feel right.

With clear, I mean transparant - sorry, wrong word. The ones I have are really too small to be pink. That's okay too, but I hate to use the last ones (with my new Akoya keishies) until I know where I can find more.

I have bought several strands from Gemphora, but they no longer have any. Dawn, the first link look about right - like the ones I have bought previously. I need to check to see if quartz is sold like that too.

- Karin

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member Ramona's Avatar

I think Gembee has good quality beads that are very likely to be real. You may also try mineralminers.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramona View Post
    I think Gembee has good quality beads that are very likely to be real. You may also try mineralminers.com.
    Thank you, Ramona. Gem Bee was too expensive for me, but oh goodness, the diamond earwire findings! Definately something to keep in mind for another time.

- Karin