Jnorris

Default Collection of Natural Pearls

This is an old collection of natural Oyster, Abalone and Conch pearls. I thought that everyone would appreciate seeing it.

Jeremy
    Attached Images Attached Images  

MABE BRAZIL

it is a wonderful collection. Could you indicate of each species each pearl belongs?

Ricardo Cunha Lima

Jnorris

The three at top left are Natural Oyster (Pinctada Mazatlanica). The largest is a 14.5 mm button. The pearl at bottom left comes from Green abalone and the remaining three from conch.

Valeria101

The pearls look wonderful, of course. Their natural status just tops the cake.

Thanks for posting!
    Last edited by Valeria101; 10-17-2006 at 09:22 PM.

Jnorris

Hi Valeria,
    It was great to come accross. Especially the large button. Sometimes it takes years before you find a pearl of that size and quality. This one was part of an old family collection the pearl was pulled from the water appx. 40 years ago.

Best Regards,
    Jeremy

Wes Rankin

Default Old collection

Quote Originally Posted by Jnorris
    This is an old collection of natural Oyster, Abalone and Conch pearls. I thought that everyone would appreciate seeing it.

Jeremy
    Hi Jeremy,
    Do you have these pearls in your possession or just a picture?
    Wes
    www.allnaturalpearls.com
    Last edited by Wes Rankin; 10-19-2006 at 11:07 PM.

Super Moderator Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert jshepherd's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wes Rankin, Pacific Coast Pearls! Good to see you on the board. I would assume Jeremy does have those pearls in the photo. He was in my office recently with a lot of great naturals.

Wes Rankin

Default JShepherd

Hi Jeremy,
    Thanks for the welcome. We saw your article in the JCK Oct issue.
    The article was great and I'm sure it will be good for business.
    How do you know Pacific Coast Pearls?
    Wes
    Pacific Coast Pearls
    www.allnaturalpearls.com

Super Moderator Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert jshepherd's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You have been quoted many times in different puiblications. Just remember the name...

I just saw that JCK article today. Can't say the picture was flattering, but the article was good!

Ashley

Mr. Rankin
    I'm so glad you've joined the forum! I am very interested in natural pearls and the re-emerging natural pearl market; particularly conch pearls... I visited your site earlier, and was most impressed by your definition of flame structure (along with the one of a kind jewelry displayed, extremely beautiful and unique!!!). It was simple, visual and hit the nail right on the head!

"...radiating pattern of white markings just beneath a lustrous or porcelain-like surface, exhibiting chatoyancy around the edges and creating a halo-effect. This flame-like pattern results from the arrangement of the prismatic crystals perpendicular to the surface of the pearl."

It's been trying to find an accurate description of these effects- GIA didn't even come close! Thank you!!
    I hope that we'll be seeing more of you here, so we can all benefit from your years of experience in this niche of the pearl world.
    Cheers!

preswine

Wow. That 14.5 mm button is incredible. How much are these selling for?

WeeGem

Mr Rankin - just wanted to say your pearl jewelry is beautiful, real works of art! I've already found a couple of pieces for my wishlist I just adore the brooch made out to look like a wee mushroom forest scene......right out of a fairytale!
    Last edited by WeeGem; 01-10-2007 at 09:21 PM.

Super Moderator Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Kevin Canning's Avatar

very nice collection, any idea of the total value?
    Kevin Canning
    Pearls Of Joy
    www.PearlsOfJoy.com
    Read My Blog
    FaceBook Fan Page
    1-800-451-1411

Default conch pearl

hi jermey,
    how much is that pink conch pearl in the top right hand corner valued @
    Last edited by islandgal27; 01-13-2007 at 11:30 PM.

elarson

Default value

Can anyone suggest a qualified appraisel service for conch and melo pearls? or auction report...something to help me establish the value of these pearls.

is there anything written on value in regards to color, flamming, size, etc.