Page 524 of 540 FirstFirst ... 24424474514522523524525526534 ... LastLast
Results 7,846 to 7,860 of 8088
    Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert baby nurse's Avatar

I love your blues with that Boden tee, BWeaves! Really brings out the blue (not that they need any help).

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert JerseyPearl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    Blues today. 9mm Vietnamese blue akoyas from PP, and blue baroque drops from Kojima. And a new T-shirt from Boden with more Montmorency doggies on it.

Attachment 55375

This particular necklace is very deep blue, with incredible rose and green overtones. It was a bitch to string though. The nucleus of many of the pearls are cracked or loose. But the nacre is very very thick.
    I adore those pearls, but that tee shirt is making me kind of sad...put my oldest on a plane to London this afternoon. She'll be there for a year attending grad school and living in Kensington.
    Etsy shop: OceansCove
    Instagram: OceansCove
    Facebook: Ocean's Cove Jewelry
    Amazon Handmade: Ocean's Cove
    Pinterest: OceansCove

Pearl Enthusiast Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Pearl Dreams's Avatar

Thanks BN! He slept like a baby last night...while I was wide awake all night! I think it was a bit too much stimulation for me.

He's doing okay just with ibuprofen. The end of the finger is numb, but his proximal interphalangeal joint aches from having been wrenched (he got the hand caught in a machine. Ugh!) You know what guys are like. He's joking that he should get a 10% discount if he ever goes for a manicure (as if he ever would go!)

The president of the corporation called him and said they would make sure he got his full pay while out, so that was a relief. Ortho says he'll be out of work 4 weeks. He hopes to go back sooner.

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert CathyKeshi's Avatar

I'm glad to hear your husband is doing so well, Pearl Dreams. I can sympathize with you being up all night ... that's how it works here too. Great news on the corporation standing beside him with salary support; what a relief for you both!
    Cathy

CathyKeshi

Thanks, Cathy!
    And there he is asleep sitting up on the couch. I could never do that. How do people fall asleep so easily?

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert newberry's Avatar

Pearl Dreams so sorry to hear of your husbands injury but happy to hear he is doing well. Don't forget to take care of yourself and wear lots of pearls they will help.

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert amti's Avatar

OM Gosh, PD! Reading your post, I was feeling queasy! I'm sure it was a mess at the work place too. Glad your hubby is a trooper and not one to lay in bed and moan for days. I hope his finger heals quickly and he's able to get around without flipping too many people off. Your akoya strand is such a great find... the kind we all wish we could find! And the ginkos are lovely earrings too! So nice of the Pres of the corp to call, sounds like a good place to work!

Battah, what a QT your little man is! I thought your akoya keshi/gssp strand was really nice... what did you not like about it? I'm curious to see it redone. How did you knot it? Your jade bracelets are nice but gosh, I love that gssp necklace! It's very different and looks great on your neck!

BWeaves, lovely VBA.... did you get those at Ruckus? I love the dragon clasps on the rice krispies! I have some rice krispies as well and am thinking of holding on to them a little longer since seeing the video as well.... you just don't see them anymore!

Thank you amti and newberry!

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl Dreams View Post
    Katbran, I did feel rattled earlier on. I'm a PT so I've seen a lot of gory things, but it's different when it's someone you love. Hard to be objective then.

A new pearl, huh? Can't say I'm not tempted. But I just got these silver gingko leaf earrings so they will have to suffice:

Ooooooooo. Very pretty ! Ginkgo is a fabulous shape for earrings! Hope he's feeling better - gives me shivers just thinking about it !

amti: I did not get my Vietnamese akoyas at Ruckus. The 9 mm blues, I bought off the PP website. They were the very last strand, and I was late to the Vietnamese blue akoya party. I suspect they were the worst of the batch, being the last stand to sell, which is like saying you got a 99 on a test when everyone else got 100. The pearls themselves look gorgeous and have very thick nacre, but the nuclei are horrible, which I wouldn't know except I restrung them to put an orbit clasp on them. The nuclei are broken, or loose, or hollow, which makes finding the hole through the center very challenging. It almost feels like the nuclei are hollow plastic beads that did not survive drilling, although I didn't think pearls would coat a nuclei like that. Or the nuclei were something else completely that just disintegrated when drilled.

I also have a rope of small 6 mm Vietnamese akoyas from PP, which are gorgeous. They are similar to BN's short strand she posted today on the 365 Days thread. Hisano had sent me a photo of a couple of strands, and I asked if I could have both strung together. In the beginning, I could tell which pearls came from which strand, as they are slightly different colors. But my brain no longer remembers, and it all looks like one strand to me now.

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert battah's Avatar

BW, that strand is really beautiful (and your top is adorable - gotta love Boden!). Can't wait to ogle some VBAs in person, they're so pretty and unique.

PD, I'm so sorry about the rough night. Glad to hear your husband's company is being very supportive though, that's great. Hang in there, and give him a high-four for me (ba dum tsssss I couldn't resist!)

Cathy, grandparent minions made me giggle. It's a good description of a very sweet relationship <3

BN thank you so much! I do really love the combo of GSSP and akoya keshi, I just want to tweak the layout a little bit. I planned the first layout based on wearing it doubled, but when I wear it long the clusters aren't quite as irregular as I'd like. I'm always fiddling with my necklaces...

amti, I do love the combo of the pearls together! I just need to play with the layout a bit. It really is hard to do irregular spacing, especially with akoya keshi - you can't really lay them out to get a good visual, since they're so small and won't really sit nicely in a bead tray. You really have to string them up (then restring, then restring) to get them the way you want! Right now I have them on softflex wire, not thread, since I knew I'd be redoing them within a few days. I'm trying to decide whether to keep them on softflex (with bumpers cushioning the GSSP) or knot them on something. The akoya keshi have really small holes, and I recall last time I strung them up I had to use a single strand of whatever thread I used instead of doubling it. I think? Wire might be sturdier at that smaller size.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/LiliasTreasures

Instagram: @LiliasTreasures

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyPearl View Post
    I adore those pearls, but that tee shirt is making me kind of sad...put my oldest on a plane to London this afternoon. She'll be there for a year attending grad school and living in Kensington.
    I'm sure she'll love it. I loved my 6 years in England when I was going to school. (Of course it was 50 years ago. Holy crap, how did that happen?)

Quote Originally Posted by battah View Post
    ...Hang in there, and give him a high-four for me (ba dum tsssss I couldn't resist!)
    Bwahahaha!
    I told him and he laughed too!

Mom's mabe' enhancer hanging off Aunt Love's Blue Lagoon strand, and my yellow gold Miki huggies. I'm not a mabe' fan, but they're growing on me. Sarah's Sea of Cortez mabe' necklace on the Kojima website is converting me.

Name:  IMG_3658.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  102.2 KB

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert JerseyPearl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    I'm sure she'll love it. I loved my 6 years in England when I was going to school. (Of course it was 50 years ago. Holy crap, how did that happen?)
    This is her second time around in the UK...she went to St Andrews for her undergrad.
    Etsy shop: OceansCove
    Instagram: OceansCove
    Facebook: Ocean's Cove Jewelry
    Amazon Handmade: Ocean's Cove
    Pinterest: OceansCove