Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Pearl Enthusiast Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Pearl Dreams's Avatar

I can't believe that post was almost 5 years ago, BPD. (I also can't believe I have been on here 10 years come September.)

This has to have been the goal of the Chinese all along: producing truly round FWP -- including large ones-- in shorter periods of time. It makes sense to put a bead inside, and yet...I do love the idea of a solid nacre pearl, even if it's not perfectly round. Most natural pearls are not round, after all.

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BlackPearlDudeDC's Avatar

I went to the farmers market today, one of the vendors was selling pearls several customers were at her both, I had on a tahitian strand and one of the customers later ran into me at Starbucks we got into a conversation about Freshwater Pearls and Akoya pearls. It was quite interesting to hear what people think about pearls. The lady was surprised that what I was wearing were pearls (the super ringed tahitians I shared with you guys). I was telling freshwater pearls are not the "Rice Crispies" she is used to...its been that long since she's looked at freshwater pearls, thats when she mentioned the vendor at the farmers market selling really huge pearls....of course I stopped by for a closer look, I had only glanced earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl Dreams View Post
    I can't believe that post was almost 5 years ago, BPD. (I also can't believe I have been on here 10 years come September.)

This has to have been the goal of the Chinese all along: producing truly round FWP -- including large ones-- in shorter periods of time. It makes sense to put a bead inside, and yet...I do love the idea of a solid nacre pearl, even if it's not perfectly round. Most natural pearls are not round, after all.