Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
    Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert JerseyPearl's Avatar

Couple of suggestions on the iPhone for photos...first tap the center of the image on the screen. That's how you override the auto focus, which may be focusing on another part of the background. Second, don't use the zoom (pinch and open) function. If you have a 7plus, you have 2 cameras in one...you can hit the 1X and zoom to 2X without impacting quality. Finally, you can take a side shot (like this example) by laying the camera on a flat surface on one side so that its looking straight into the field. Name:  IMG_0141.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  39.8 KB
    Ah, and I see your first photo was taken this way...it didn't show up initially, just said "attachment" followed by some numbers. You can use that technique, but be sure to override the auto focus and focus on the pearls!
    Etsy shop: OceansCove
    Instagram: OceansCove
    Facebook: Ocean's Cove Jewelry
    Amazon Handmade: Ocean's Cove
    Pinterest: OceansCove

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member Frost Me's Avatar

Thanks Jersey, I have a 7 not the 7plus. It seems my previous phones 4 & 5 took better pearl pics. These with the 7 look grainy, might have been the morning light. Thanks again!

You can also boost the exposure a bit rather than use the auto exposure. When you tap the screen you will see a yellow box with a sun. Scroll up or down to adjust the brightness. The HDR setting is also helpful.

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert amti's Avatar

Thanks for the tips, JP. I have a Pixel and there is something to move up and down on my phone camera and now I know what it does! It has HDR as well, but not sure what that does. I'm off to google it now though.

HDR stands for high dynamic range...which basically means the camera adjusts automatically for higher quality, sharper contrasts, greater detail in photos.