Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Help me find my pearl :)

I have poked thru pretty much every thread on the forum, seen pictures of all your beautiful pearls... I feel like I know most of you even tho I have never said a word till now

My journey started because I want a pearl engagement ring but because I have 3 small pearl solitaires already that have all had to be replaced/repaired, my journey has mostly been about finding the perfect setting, one that will hold it securely and safely, protect it when I bump it shelving books (I am a librarian)... its my engagement ring! I want to wear it pretty much every day!

I've been emailing with a few different ladies, but I feel really good about a setting Ashley at Pure Pearls found, and more importantly we have set the date!! So... now that I am actually looking at specific pearls for my ring, it is looking like what I want isn't out there??

A lustrous freshwater pearl, silver overtone and subtle orient... about 10mm. Because of the nice deep basket I think the pearl could be off round or otherwise shaped, as long as it was round to the eye across the top? if it could get me the size (to fit the setting) and color that I want.

After all this time here researching I have to admit I was hoping for a "gem quality" pearl, but if they are just not out there in my color and the size to 'fit' the setting then what I suppose I am doing is throwing my setting out here (even tho we haven't actually bought it yet!!) and asking...

Does anyone have my pearl? and if so... how in the world would we go about seeing if it actually is my pearl before everything is finalized?

(apologies to Natalie and Ashley not waiting for your email replies, browsing the websites got me a huge case of butterflies and I just had to post!)

Thank you in advance for all your hand holding and support
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Pearl Enthusiast Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Pearl Dreams's Avatar

I would be really surprised if the vendors on P-G couldn't help you-- a silvery toned 10 mm round top gem quality freshwater pearl. Try calling/messaging Jeremy (PearlParadise.com) or other vendors here and ask!

Try Terry or John at The Pearl Outlet, they'll have a few choices for you. You can call or email, check out the website

A 3rd pearl

Thanks for the replies

The fretting started when I began browsing the websites ? Pearl Paradise, Pure Pearls, Pearls of Joy, The Pearl Outlet - looking for my pearl, but only Pearl Paradise and Pure Pearls offered loose pearls online and only Pearl Paradise had freshwaters listed.

When Pearl Paradise was showing out of stock on the silver overtone freshadama 9-10mm, with no larger option available in the dropdown... I began to panic o,o

It?s silly, I know?

As mentioned above I have 2 emails out, I was just hoping someone would be online this weekend to calm my butterflies

pattye

The websites are a good place to start--but calling is really the answer. LOTS of what they have to offer is not on their websites, including their custom work, and specialty items--

Third-graft Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert barbie biggs's Avatar

Dear Catahoula:
    Why don't you give Jeremy at Pearl Paradise a private message? Or call Kirstin or Mia. I have had the best customer service ever from all of them. I have purple freshadama. I have multicolored oval freshwaters that have excellent orient and luster. I have pink pearls that shine like wet bubbles. And they have over a million pearls in their vault! Just pick up the phone. Really. Plus if you have a computer they can set up something online with you and show you right there what they are talking about. That have a personal concierge program. They even have good prices. The only thing that ever disappoints me is feeling "what do I do now?" when I'm done with a project. I've gotten in the habit of keeping an unfinished project on my desk so I have something to play with.
    But for loose pearls you couldn't pick a better company.
    Congratulations on your engagement!
    barbie

Thank you ladies you are doing wonders for my nerves!

I do have an email in to Natalie over at Pearl Paradise. If I don't hear back from her I will drop Jeremy a note here.

My email to Ashley at Pure Pearls is to confirm the size pearl that is meant to fit into that basket.

I still have butterflies, but I think that is to be expected
    Thank you again for all the support!!

Third-graft Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert barbie biggs's Avatar

Default pearlrings

DearCatahoula:
    You are welcome. Natalie was my first contact at Pearl Paradise and because of her excellent service I had the best experience ever. She helped me make a unique piece of jewelry. See my avatar. I gave her the specs and she put it together. It is so much nicer than I even imagined in my minds eye. It's still my favorite piece!
    You'll love her.
    barbie

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member callire's Avatar

Oooh! This is so exciting! I have nothing to contribute to the conversation other than CONGRATS!!! Post pics once you find your pearl.... I can't wait to see the finished product.

pattye

I would be surprised if Ashley at Pure Pearls wouldn't have the perfect pearl for you also, it is a lovely ring! since they are supplying the mounting, I would give them first chance to come up with some pearls to choose from.

Hi Barbie! I walked thru your experience obtaining your avatar just the other day What a treasure you have!! And thank you again for the encouragement!

Pattye, Ashley showed me 3 lovely pearls, two 9mm and a 10mm, but all of them had a bit more pink to them than I was wanting. She then suggested a white South Sea because I was set on silver overtone, but my heart is set on a freshwater - and not an unexpected budget leap!!

As for size, I feel so ignorant. The biggest pearl I own is 8.5mm drop earrings. I can lay that sweetie on my hand and say ok, but it isn't the ring. Ashley said she thought the ring was meant for a 10 - 11mm - or slightly larger! If it wasn't for the pic I saw here of Ashely's 10.5 Tahitian solitaire, I'd have no idea what that looked like... but I don't know how big her hand is :P

*sigh* I think 11mm would be too big on my hand, especially for everyday wear around the library.

What a rollercoaster ride this is!! I hope they write me back Monday

and thank you Callire I will be sharing pix - you bet!!

Good news! Ashley wrote me back today and I quote:
    "As for the off-round versions, I do believe that I have some very nice
    pearls to sort through- I will get to work! As soon as I find a nice
    selection of pearls to choose from, I will contact you with descriptions,
    pricing and pictures! Stay Tuned...!"

Wew!!

We can get this done in time for October 22nd, no sweat!

Well, just an update - Ashely is an absolute gem! She has been a real trooper putting up with me and in the process discovering more and more treasures

We are looking at buttons now, and man... Such Beauties!!

I've attached her bit of fun: "They're rather oblong, but they sure look tasty!! "

And a sample of the beauties!

wew!!

Tell me your favorites and why?
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Pearl Enthusiast Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Pearl Dreams's Avatar

Tell me your favorites and why?

The M&Ms of course!

Just kidding. Maybe it's the lighting in that photo, or the white background, but the ones on the card seem to have more luster.