Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Second-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member Mervione's Avatar

Slraep, that is just so cute, I wish I could hug it! I love hearing about people that take care of animals in need of it...

My family took care of a cat that was unwanted, guess he wasn?t a "small, cute kitten" anymore... Some people are just so sad. He just started to visit us and we fed him and after a while we took him to the veterinarian to check if he had an ID, he had an ID chip (or was it one of those tatoos?) and it belonged to a family close to us. The mom in that family was delighted to "get rid" of the poor thing, so it belongs to us now by law. It?s called Simba and it?s an adorable cat, almost more like a dog than a cat...

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member danachit's Avatar

I LOVE these pictures! I sorta have an ark so here goes...

First is Ranger.

Then Snickers.

We switch from equine to canine...along comes Sassy.

Savannah...

And last of the canines, but certainly not least (though maybe the silliest looking), Annie Fannie.

Now we got to felines. Abbey and Dark Kitty taking a nap.

Pearl Diver Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Mikeyy's Avatar

A big family you have there.

boo

Slraep: What a lucky fellow he was to end up with someone as caring and creative as you! Was he "helping" you decorate for Christmas in the second photo?

jerin

He made a good choice in coming to you! Otherwise he might not have survived. Keena seems to be a very nice dog!

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Nerida's Avatar

Slraep - lucky puss to have ended up with someone to care for him so well - he looks perfectly healthy in the second photo. Carnivores are carnivores, so I guess the chicken slush was just perfect! Ugh!!

Danachit - great menagerie. Wish I had the horses!! When my silly (but adorable) weimaraner decides to be still for a moment, I will try to post some photos! I used to have 2 chocolate labradors - much loved - yours looks gorgeous!

imanit

I do apologize to all cats and dogs lovers.... I'm a crazy "bird lady".

This is my baby.....

Dc1285.JPG

...eating chicken leg ( don't ask....)

Right now he is with me, at work, sitting under my desk on a cardboard box, shredding it ....

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member danachit's Avatar

A chicken leg! I love it!

I love all my animals but, at times, feel like they sorta tie me down when I'd like to be travelling.

I really need to try for a great over-the-shoulder draped with pearls picture of my chocolate lab!

Pearl Diver Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Mikeyy's Avatar

I don't trust people who don't like pets. I like the bird. We had one named JoJo who whisled the Mayberry theme every morning. Drove me nuts. But I sure missed it when he deperched.

Second-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member Mervione's Avatar

Lovely bird. I like almost all pets (except for bugs...) and there?s tons of photos I can post in this thread. I might post my family?s two cats (Simba and Stalin.), my boyfriend?s budgerigar and maybe his tortoise too.

Third-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member Heidi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
    I don't trust people who don't like pets. I like the bird. We had one named JoJo who whisled the Mayberry theme every morning. Drove me nuts. But I sure missed it when he deperched.
    Mikeyy - I am in the same camp as you. In my experience, my pets have had perfect judgement of character...and have lasted longer than some human acquaintences in my household!

Slraep

Here's my Senegal parrot, Umi. She loves to whistle and call the dog, "Keena, come here!. Come here!", just like I do. Gets a little old when she repeats it all day long. Then, the next day it'll be meowing like a cat all day. If I give her raw hemp seeds(which are very good for birds), she babbles all kinds of stuff non-stop for hours. She can mimic all kinds of wild bird calls. If she sees a squirrel she screams. She really is a weird bird.
    Attached Images Attached Images

jerin

Hi Slraep,

I think Umi is the counterpart in animal?s world to a Sea of Cortez pearl.
    Danachit: very nice with all your animals but I see what you mean by being tied down...
    Ivona: what a lovely parrot. Even though I love cats and dogs and horses, parrots are something special in bird world IMO.

GemGeek

This is my favorite thread. Keep those wonderful photos coming!

Third-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member Heidi's Avatar

This is the beautiful Cornelius who is sadly no longer on this earth. He was a stray in Eugene where I went to school - he used to hang around my place and finally I just accepted that he was perfect for me. He used to wake me up by gently touching my nose if I turned my alarm off and fell back asleep. His purr was like a loud motorboat and his calico/tabby markings looked like the best airbrushed design ever.
    Attached Images Attached Images