Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Ashley

Default 3-Row Necklaces, 8mm-12mm

Hi everyone. The topic of 3-row necklaces has come up recently on another thread, so we shot a few pictures.

The strands are temporary, of course, that is why there are no knots. They are just to show what pearls of that size would look like on someone who is my size. I am 5'5, and about 120lb.

This first set is 8-9mm. The pearls are AAA.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Ashley

9-10mm, grade AAA.

Ashley

10-11mm, grade AAA.

Ashley

And finally, 11-12mm. Grade AAA.

Just the weight of all three of them on my neck was quite noticeable.

First-graft Pearl Senior Member

Wow, what beautiful strands. I like large pearl strands but IMHO the 10-11mm strands are the best. Good symmetry and beautiful drape. Thank you for the great comparisons.

Casey.R

A few mm is quite noticable. This is a very good post for reference.
    Thanks for posting these pics.

Valeria101

As soon as the thread appeared, the first impulse came to scale, line up, stand back and look again. 'Thought the same might apply to others. Please feel free to remove the post if this really isn't an acceptable way to treat other folks' pictures

val, i think it is a good idea to put them in a row like that. my choice would between the 10-11 mm and 11-12 mm.

LET'S VOTE!!!
    Last edited by pearlpunk; 08-01-2007 at 12:28 AM.

youngster

Love the pics. Thanks for those Ashley and, thanks Ana, for putting them side by side. I'm going to be different and say that I prefer the 8-9 mm.

Perle

These are great! Thanks Ashley and Ana!

I love my 8-9 mm triple strand (Freshadama). But I can see the appeal of the larger sizes, too!

Perle

pattye

The Largest size for me!! Please!! The equivalent strung in a rope, since I like to look at my pearls now and then when wearing them, and for versatility, single long rope, doubled, or 3-row if necessary, a bit more casual for my taste. Thanks for the great photos!

Pattye
    so many pearls, so little time

Satine De La Courcel

Hi Ashley,

They are all Yummy!!!!!! Nice Photos!!! I can see the size variance better in the pictures next to one another that was a great Idea... It is as if they perls are growing in size right there on the neck!!! Fabtastic!

Cheers

Ashby

Pearl Knotting & Wire Expert Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert knotty panda's Avatar

Are extra pearls needed to achieve the drape or are the strands broken the reassembled to form the drape? Will the clasp be a 3-strand clasp which clasps 1-strand, then hooks to a 2-strand clasp so it can be worn either in 1, 2 or 3 strand lengths? How large will the clasp have to be 36MM+ With diamonds?
    Pretty Panda pic by nlerner on her U.S. excursion last year, San Diego Zoo.[/SIZE][/SIZE]

purepearls

To achieve this look, the strands are 16, 17, and 18" respectively so they nest within one another. The strands are on temporary hanks so they aren't strung with a clasp quite yet. The clasp will be substantial.

xeresana

I love the look of the multi-strand necklace! And I love large pearls. Am I the only one that gets head and neck pains from too heavy necklaces, though? There is just no way I could wear a large mm pearl on a triple strand and be comfortable.

I would have go to with the smaller mm and hope that I could tolerate it.