Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 130
  1. #91
    Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert newberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    San Diego, Ca
    Posts
    1,721

    Default

    Douglas I hope you check back on this thread to feel the love.

    Everyone has a dream and mine is a Sea of Cortez rope. I want one of all the lumpy and bumpys plus tear drops mostly the silvery color with a few of the wildly beautiful blues and purples scattered through out and not a round one on the strand. A girls got to dream and that's mine

  2. #92
    Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    5,483

    Default

    Ooooo newberry ... that's a dream strand for sure !

  3. #93
    Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert CathyKeshi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Northeastern Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    3,547

    Default

    Pattye's strands ... sigh ! And Sarah/Kojima's mabe Y strand ... breathless ...
    Cathy

    CathyKeshi

  4. #94
    Pearl Journalist Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert GemGeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Oceanside, CA
    Posts
    9,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by newberry View Post
    Douglas I hope you check back on this thread to feel the love.

    Everyone has a dream and mine is a Sea of Cortez rope. I want one of all the lumpy and bumpys plus tear drops mostly the silvery color with a few of the wildly beautiful blues and purples scattered through out and not a round one on the strand. A girls got to dream and that's mine
    That's a darn fine dream! I hope it comes true.
    GemGeek
    The World Is My Oyster!

  5. #95

    Default

    I have fallen in love with Sea of Cortez pearls!!! God help me....I am in love with Kojima's mabe necklace!! I would like to get a pair of SOC mabe pearl earring but haven't had much luck. My eyes are crossed from searching the web. Any advice??? I am aware SOC's are rare & the harvest is small so I'm wondering if jewelry is in the making & has just not been posted yet. I always seem to be too early or too late to the party.

  6. #96
    Pearl Scholar Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert pattye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    9,914

    Default

    A love affair you will never recover from, lol! This month is harvest (once a year) so there will be new pearls and mabes available soon. Sarah does amazing earrings with the mabes. I have a small pair of pastel silver studs. And I've seen the Cortez Mabe necklaces in person, so uniquely gorgeous. (I'm fortunate to have 2 strands of baroque pearls.) And some earrings also mabe earrings and pendant. Have you contacted Sarah about your interests?
    Pattye


    PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

    facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

    SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

  7. #97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pattye View Post
    A love affair you will never recover from, lol! This month is harvest (once a year) so there will be new pearls and mabes available soon. Sarah does amazing earrings with the mabes. I have a small pair of pastel silver studs. And I've seen the Cortez Mabe necklaces in person, so uniquely gorgeous. (I'm fortunate to have 2 strands of baroque pearls.) And some earrings also mabe earrings and pendant. Have you contacted Sarah about your interests?
    Is Sara of Kojima Pearl Co? I have not bought from them yet but I probably should inquire. Thanks for the advice. Please forgive my ignorance of not know who is who. I'm still learning about the site.

  8. #98
    Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert lilliefuzzysocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,062

    Default

    Yes, Sarah has Kojima pearl company. Here she is wearing a fantasitc strand of Sea of Cortez and rope of Lake Kasumi freshwaters.
    Name:  sarah.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  78.4 KB

  9. #99
    Pearl Scholar Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert pattye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    9,914

    Default

    86CG, so sorry, I've been hanging around here so long I do forget! Yes, Sarah of Kojima Pearls. She is a delight, wonderfully creative and knowledgeable!

    LFS, thank you so much for the photo!
    Pattye


    PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

    facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

    SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

  10. #100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lilliefuzzysocks View Post
    Yes, Sarah has Kojima pearl company. Here she is wearing a fantasitc strand of Sea of Cortez and rope of Lake Kasumi freshwaters.
    Name:  sarah.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  78.4 KB
    Those are glorious strands!!

  11. #101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pattye View Post
    86CG, so sorry, I've been hanging around here so long I do forget! Yes, Sarah of Kojima Pearls. She is a delight, wonderfully creative and knowledgeable!

    LFS, thank you so much for the photo!
    Yes, thank you both!! I'll have to contact her.

  12. #102
    Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert newberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    San Diego, Ca
    Posts
    1,721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 86Corvettegirl View Post
    I have fallen in love with Sea of Cortez pearls!!! God help me....I am in love with Kojima's mabe necklace!! I would like to get a pair of SOC mabe pearl earring but haven't had much luck. My eyes are crossed from searching the web. Any advice??? I am aware SOC's are rare & the harvest is small so I'm wondering if jewelry is in the making & has just not been posted yet. I always seem to be too early or too late to the party.
    Come to the ruckus and I bet Sarah would bring it for you to try on

  13. #103
    Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert KarinK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    1,623

    Default

    You can also contact Douglas of Sea of Cortez dirrctly, I believe. He is here on the forum (look for the thread with all the SoC pearls)

    Oh, might be this thread... Still sleepy...

  14. #104
    Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert lilliefuzzysocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,062

    Default

    Name:  105.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  136.8 KB

    Name:  104.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  133.6 KB

    Sarah may still have this Sea of Cortez piece too. The bottom portion detaches.

  15. #105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lilliefuzzysocks View Post
    Name:  105.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  136.8 KB

    Name:  104.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  133.6 KB

    Sarah may still have this Sea of Cortez piece too. The bottom portion detaches.
    You ladies are tempting me too much. I won't be able to attend the Ruckus this year as we have a family wedding to attend during that time frame. I have really been eyeing that necklace. I love that the pendant can be removed & the necklace can be worn without it or the pendant worn seperately! I just have to justify the expense but it's a breathtaking necklace. You ladies are enablers, I swear!!! Enablers!!!

Similar Threads

  1. Sea of Cortez Pearls on JNA
    By Kevin Canning in forum Pearling Industry News
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-21-2014, 07:24 PM
  2. My new Cortez pearls
    By PearlLVR in forum Show Us Your Pearls!
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-05-2012, 03:32 AM
  3. Pearls from Sea of Cortez
    By jojeda in forum What Kind of Pearls do I have?
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-17-2012, 03:16 AM
  4. My first Cortez pearls
    By silverseajewelry in forum Natural Pearls
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-13-2008, 03:26 AM
  5. Please tell me about sea of cortez pearls?
    By Casey.R in forum Cultured Pearls
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 07-20-2007, 08:18 PM