Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

How do I post a picture? Iím on an iPhone if that makes a difference.

Pearl Enthusiast Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Pearl Dreams's Avatar

I upload from a desktop computer so not sure about how to upload from phone, but see if the little photo icon in the toolbar works. (Little square with a tiny tree in it.) Don't forget to click on "upload".

Iím usually pretty good at posting pictures in forums but I must not be able to with my iPhone here. I donít have a laptop or desktop, just my phone...... Iíll keep looking. I could try switching to desktop view though I prefer the mobile view and never know how to switch back.

There are other folks on here who upload photos from cell phones, including iPhones. I found this post that says you need to use the computer version of the website on your cell phone, not the mobile version, to upload photos:

http://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/sho...l=1#post192338

Second-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member KaySD's Avatar

My wedding set is platinum because I did not want to worry about regular re-plating for daily-wear jewelry. I also like the grayish tone of platinum with diamonds. With an aquamarine, I personally prefer the bright white of rhodium plated WG.

Iíll switch to desktop view to see it that helps.

Now thatís something I hadnít thought of.... I like platinum, but with an aqua white gold might be prettier. Iíll definitely keep that in mind.

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

I agree with KaySD - as I mentioned before you need to consider the metal colours with the the colour of the stone. I too would prefer the brighter WG , especially with a light coloured stone like Aquamarine.

Switching to desktop view has made it possible to post pictures. Thanks!

Here is my aquamarine ring that Iíd like to reset. Though, when I mentioned this to someone else, she said not to reset and that she likes it. That made me wonder.

Opinions.... Do you like this setting or should I reset? If I leave it as is, I can get some pearls sooner rather than later. If I do decide to reset, it will take priority because once I start pearl buying then I might be on a roll and may never reset.

D3DE5F20-C8DA-4D79-9280-FF1AB27C6EE3.jpg

51D47F2B-43C2-4305-9163-7184E863662A.jpg

E23A8D48-DBEA-4073-B409-EB2A1396F889.jpg

All pics are sideways. Iím not sure how to fix that.

Thanks!

Personally I like the simplicity and clean lines of that setting, but I'm not the one who has to wear it.

Obviously there is something about it that doesn't quite satisfy you. Forget the metal for a moment and talk about what you would like the setting to look like, ideally. Prongs vs. bezel, add diamonds or other stones vs. just the aquamarine etc.
    Is there a setting you have seen somewhere that you would like for your stone?

I tend to like simplicity too. It was originally a bezeled design and I then requested the sides be scooped out a bit to let more light in. Iím NO designer and am not naturally creative. I guess Iím not confident in the result. I think my only issue is the view when looking straight down on it. The view looks busy to me. I think.

I was thinking of this setting:
    94A08E33-E984-41C6-A470-AF195AEFFC53.jpg

Found it!
    https://www.stuller.com/products/bui...unting-options

It's very pretty.
    Is this a ring you would wear all the time, or occasionally?

Reason I'm asking is that my original diamond engagement ring (a 1930s illusion setting that belonged to my H's great aunt) trapped a lot of grime so the stone always looked dull. I think this setting from Stuller might present the same challenge. It has a lot of nooks and crannies.

When, after 16 years and several repairs, the illusion setting needed to be completely rebuilt, I decided it was time to replace the ring entirely. The great-aunt's diamond become one of a pair of studs (the other stud was a diamond of the same size/color that was my mom's) and I bought a loose ruby, which I preferred anyway. I wanted a semi-bezel setting but the stone was small and the bezel would have made it look even smaller, as well as reducing the light too much, so I finally had it prong set, but a very simple prong setting. It lets the light in and the color glows.
    I don't wear it all the time.

Yes, thatís it! Iíd wear it occasionally. Good point about the setting Iím considering possibly getting dirty with frequent use. I think with wearing it occasionally it should be ok.

Your re-do of your ring (and earrings) sounds lovely!!!

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert JerseyPearl's Avatar

I LOVE the original mounting on your aqua. Nothing wrong with the new setting, although it is more ornate with the scrolling on the shanks and basket. I like the simplicity of the original mounting, as the focus becomes the stone with its intense color. But, again, I agree with PDs...I'm not the one wearing it.
    Etsy shop: OceansCove
    Instagram: OceansCove
    Facebook: Ocean's Cove Jewelry
    Amazon Handmade: Ocean's Cove
    Pinterest: OceansCove

Thank you Jersey Pearl!

I’m pleasantly surprised that people (my family, extended family, and here) like the original setting. I think I need to give it another chance and to wear it more often. If, in another year or two, I decide to reset, then I’ll do so with confidence.

This means I’m much closer to getting pearls than I was earlier today! Yay!

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert CathyKeshi's Avatar

Hi LittleRed, here are your photos oriented upright (I hope ). I don't think anyone knows for sure why photos rotate, although there are theories about file size and type of device used to post.

As you asked for opinions, here's mine: I really like the current setting with that aquamarine in. The focus is on the stone, and it's purity of color and shape, while adding subtle interest to the edges. The Stuller setting, while also pretty, is much more "ordinary" to my eye. I'd keep the aqua in that setting and go study pearls lol ... but that's just my opinion, and I'm not wearing the ring

Aqua1.jpgAqua2.jpgAqua3.jpg
    Cathy

CathyKeshi