Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fires in L.A.

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

lmgarden - Oh im so sorry for your friends ! How terrible ! I did see a news report that showed the winds - fires move very quickly!

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BlackPearlDudeDC's Avatar

I hope you all in the nearby areas are safe and those of you directly impacted you are in our thoughts. We had such a bad time of the fires here in the Bay Area, for those of us nearby the smoke was horrible and made breathing difficult, which is nothing compared to the loss of homes, pets and property. I feel for you.

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert newberry's Avatar

The winds are very strong here is San Diego. My son who weighs 135 pounds was walking across campus this afternoon. Took a step and was picked up and moved several feet before landing on his *ss. Scary and nothing hurt but ego and he is laughing about it now.

Many rural areas around me have had the power turned off by the power company in case the power lines go down. That's what started the fires 10 years ago when we had to be evacuated for a week.

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BlackPearlDudeDC's Avatar

Every so often I would go all the way up North in the mountains and you see how quickly the Manzanita burns and why the fires spread so quickly. I worry about fires here far more than earthquakes. I am glad your son is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by newberry View Post
    The winds are very strong here is San Diego. My son who weighs 135 pounds was walking across campus this afternoon. Took a step and was picked up and moved several feet before landing on his *ss. Scary and nothing hurt but ego and he is laughing about it now.

Many rural areas around me have had the power turned off by the power company in case the power lines go down. That's what started the fires 10 years ago when we had to be evacuated for a week.

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert newberry's Avatar

Speaking of earthquakes we had one yesterday afternoon small but a good jolt. At first I thought it was a plane crash because it was just one big jolt with a loud boom and window rattling not the usual rolling motion.

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

Quote Originally Posted by newberry View Post
    Speaking of earthquakes we had one yesterday afternoon small but a good jolt. At first I thought it was a plane crash because it was just one big jolt with a loud boom and window rattling not the usual rolling motion.
    Oh no! Please stay safe. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert KarinK's Avatar

We really have a knack for picking Christmas vacation... Peter wanted to go to Bali. They have a volcano erupting and airport closed. We chose LA instead... Leaving on the 20th. We are staying in Culver City so the exchange home should be safe and I sure hope for all people in the whole LA area the fires are out by then.

- Karin