Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member cyndayco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KaySD View Post
    The ring is also beautiful, both the band and the glowing pearl. Who makes the ring?
    Kay, I don't know. I bought it from a department store in my city which has a section devoted to pearl jewellery. They have a good selection of pieces with Australian SSPs.

Wearing the ring makes me feel like a princess!

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member Luvglitz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KaySD View Post
    Luvglitz, your Fiji strand looks amazing on you! The pearls just glow and they look huge. What size are the pearls?

I bought a Fiji strand, but did not get any pictures before DH sequestered it for Christmas. I would post the PP pics, but I don't know how to save them since they changed the website.
    KaySD. Thank you for your compliments. The pearls in my Fiji strand are 9.3 - 13.1. I always go for the biggest pearls!
    Please, please post pictures after Santa arrives and the pearls are yours to wear.

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member Luvglitz's Avatar

Cyndayco, what a gorgeous rare necklace. Please, when you have time post some neck shots. I love the ring as well. What an unusual setting.

Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    Ennui: Please post yours when you get them. TWINSIES!!!
    Pearls arrived. I really like them, they are comfortable to wear and have a nice crisp lustre. I don't think mine look pink, but I can see a slight pink when compared to white freshwaters. Photo of my 12 Days baroque Akoya from PP (sorry, no neck shots). I'm not the best at photographing pearls, they look much better in person. I do see pink tones in direct sunlight.
    Name:  oct - dec 2017 023.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  81.7 KB
    Last edited by ennui; 12-22-2017 at 04:40 PM.

Second-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member KaySD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luvglitz View Post
    KaySD. Thank you for your compliments. The pearls in my Fiji strand are 9.3 - 13.1. I always go for the biggest pearls!
    Please, please post pictures after Santa arrives and the pearls are yours to wear.
    Yes, I go for the big ones too, lol. I got the 9.4-13.8 mm circled baroque strand. The colors and shapes really appealed to me.

https://www.pearlparadise.com/produc...pearl-necklace

I want to know if one of us got the 9.0-13.7 mm AA+/AAA Oval Fiji Pearl Necklace. I am a sucker for large ovals, but I was too late to the party for that one.

https://www.pearlparadise.com/produc...pearl-necklace

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert KarinK's Avatar

As I happen to be spending Christmas in Los Angeles (best idea ever!), I asked to go for PP for my present and we have an appointment on the 27. My list is modest, though. I really want a pair of large Tahitian drop earrings as replacement for the one I lost but for that, I want to pick the pearls in person.

On my own list is a ring setting for the Kasumi pearl that was part of the Tiara stash several years ago, again something I feel I really need hands-on to pick. And I will probably ask to buy settings for the attempt at a pair of replacement earrings that turned out really well and should have gold and not base metal (two smaller Tahitians, tiered, one carved and the other not).

- Karin

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

Ennui: Compared to the paper towel, yours look as pink as mine do. ENJOY!!!

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

Cyndayco- That SoC Mabe necklace is gorgeous! And that ring !! That is beautiful !! Yes It's fair to say your resolve weakened lol

Ennui - I agree with BWeaves they do look pink ! They are lovely and like all pinked pearls they certainly look white when worn.

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert JerseyPearl's Avatar

I thought I'd resurrect this thread for Valentine's Day! What's on your wish list???
    Etsy shop: OceansCove
    Instagram: OceansCove
    Facebook: Ocean's Cove Jewelry
    Amazon Handmade: Ocean's Cove
    Pinterest: OceansCove

Pearl Enthusiast Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Pearl Dreams's Avatar

My birthday is in a few weeks and I can't come up with a single thing I need or want (that money can buy).

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Pareltje's Avatar

I have something on my wish list but it's not pearl. I'd like to have a paraiba tourmaline stone.

My birthday and anniversary are both coming up right before Valentine, and I told hubby to hold off till the summer, when we’re in HKG and Japan. This is our first trip to Asia, so I was hoping someone may recommend a few retail stores to visit for some serious pearl shopping! Thanks in adavance!

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

There are more pearl jewellery stores in HK than you can believe. They take up most of the store windows lol You won't have any trouble finding things ! Kowloon - Nathan Rd area is full of stores. Can't help with Japan . You will have a great time !

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Pareltje's Avatar

Luvglitz, the Fiji strand looks fabulous on you and oh look at those colors! They really pop on your skin!
    cyndayco, fantastic SOC mabe necklace. I wanted a pair of SOC mabe earrings for Christmas but I waited too long and they're sold out. Yeah, at least I can live vicariously just by looking at your necklace.
    ennui, wow, the luster is great. It does look pink against the white background.