Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Pearl Enthusiast Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Pearl Dreams's Avatar

Thanks 8mm! I believe these may be the only pearls I succeed in handing down to my daughter-- of all my pearls, she only admires these.

I didn't see the strand beyond the 2 photos he had posted. I just fell in love with the strand and felt confident that it would suit my skin tone, so I emailed him through his business, Amsterdam Pearls (I'm not on Facebook or Instagram) to find out if the strand was available. A few days later I was wearing them.

Pattye, thanks! I may yet get to a Ruckus, but it may not be until after we redo our kitchen...priorities.

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

8mm, you got great advice from the experts here. I usually go for color and luster first, then surface and shape. I confess usually I go for unusual, unique colors.
    Pattye, I'm thinking about the Oregon sunstone faceted beads, the schiller will make your GSSP look great.
    PD, you're my inspiration to start rummaging in Cees' stash of GSSP. I saw yours and I immediately wanted one like that.
    More golds please.... So more info is made available to people with different skin complexions who are looking for the perfect strand of GSSP.

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert KarinK's Avatar

8mm, I went for price and opportunity. PP had a sale, I had a new job... I would have loved a strand with amazing overtones and mirror sharp luster but that would have been years in the future. Most likely the perfect purchase of a life time would just never happen as I spend my money before I get there. As they are South Sea pearls anyway, I find the satiny luster very pleasing and a bit more casual.

I don't like too prominent rings, I can live with ovals or drops but it turned out that my oval GSSP strand looks round when I am wearing it. My strand is gold/gold. I don't see any overtones. But it is the single most exclusive looking piece of jewelry I own. I feel I lucked out as the shade works for me even if yellow is not my color. It sort of shimmers in the mirror and I can't seem to focus on it though everything else is sharp. Very cool effect

- Karin

Thank you all! Katbran, Pareltje, Patye, Pearl Dreams, KarinK (did I miss anyone else??) I appreciate the feedback and help! Time to do a spreadsheet and list all the characteristics, vendors, pricing and preferences. Anyone else do a spreadsheet and list of what they wanted? Ha! Ha! (Really though I think this will help me keep on track)

Karin K did you post your strand on this forum already? (If so, apologies as I may have missed it) If not, are you able to do so here?

I appreciate all of you and your time, this really helps a lot. Maybe I will see you all one day at a Ruckus!

-8mm

Pearl Scholar Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert pattye's Avatar

Pareltje
    "Pattye, I'm thinking about the Oregon sunstone faceted beads, the schiller will make your GSSP look great. "
    Thank you! Yes, a fun contrast keeping with the tonal golden theme; no doubt the next incarnation.

Ruckus is a great opportunity to view more strands of a single kind than you can in any retail store. Viewing in person at Pearl Paradise is simply the best!
    Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert battah's Avatar

I'm loving having the opportunity to see so many gorgeous GSSP strands. They really are fabulous.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/LiliasTreasures

Instagram: @LiliasTreasures

8mm - I never posted my strand as a single (felt guilty about spending so much ) but I have this post where I have a not very good pic of my collection: http://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/sho...ht=#post175966

Pearl Enthusiast Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Pearl Dreams's Avatar

I see what you mean about their looking round-- they certainly do! Very nice indeed!

You certainly have a fantastic collection of different types of pearls, KarinK.

I just added the last piece - near round WSSP. I’ll post the photos in the appropriate thread...

The whole collection shows me finding out what I wanted. I am not entirely sure about the white Tahitians, tbh, but I will probably wear them one day when I feel more on top of everything. And I had hoped the blue Akoya were more blue. These are Vietnamese and much better than my first strand but I have to realize that my budget won’t buy me intense blue

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member

Pareltje- what a beautiful collection of goldens! I love snowmen, by the way.

Pattye and PearlDreams- your strands are also beautiful!!!

Pearl Scholar Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert pattye's Avatar

8mm,

Perhaps telling us about your hair, eye and complexion coloring will help us make recommendations for what shades of GSS might be best on you?
    Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Thank you, jeg, for your sweet words. I really admire your collection, you are a lucky lady.

8mm, this might be trivia, but I recommend looking at the known on-line webshops often. It will help you notice what draws your attention and gives you a background for knowing if a price is a good one. When looks and price match, that is when you push Buy And if in doubt, you don’t - because if you buy something less than what you really want, you can’t afford what you really want when it pops up.

- Karin

Hello Pattye and Karin, thank you for the advice and pearly words of wisdom. I think I will wait, keep on researching, and read more about GSSP on this forum. I have looked at some on-line vendors inventory and so far nothing jumps out in terms of pricing, color, and luster. I appreciate everyone's feedback and posting your scrumptious pearls here for me to view! Thank you!

-8mm