Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Jewelmer Price Points

Hello all,
    Does anyone know if Jewelmer prices are the same worldwide?
    Is it slightly lower in Manila, higher in Tokyo...?
    Thanks for any input!

Hi there,

Seems that prices are slightly lower in Manila. To give you reference, their 12mm white or gold round ssp stud earrings in their Philippine stores range from USD 2400 to 3600 -- and if you're nice and/or pay using cash or straight charge, they provide in-store discounts (5-15%). US carriers will be a bit more expensive; for example, Blue Marlin has an 11mm gold ssp studs selling at USD 4000. Might as well save up, travel to the Philippines, have a nice cheap holiday then buy your pearls!

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

Keeping in mind the exchange rate and the shipping / duty/ customs costs and the effect they all have on prices.

Even in the Philippines, Jewelmer is priced in USD. So if you purchase in another denomination, then yes, there will be exchange rate differences and fees. Agree on shipping/duty/luxury taxes where applicable, and the other add-ons.

If you're heading to the Philippines, try chatting with them via Facebook Messenger. you can send them the piece you want and they can give you an price estimate (there are price variations based on size, luster, blah blah blah... you know the drill! ).

Thanks Crazymiss.
    I will actually be in Tokyo in November and will pop in to see their pieces at Ginza.
    Blue Marlin doesn't have much in selection, so hopefully more in Tokyo.

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

Just out of curiosity, is the quality of the pearls in Manila lower than the quality in Tokyo? Would that explain the price difference?

I live in central Florida and there is a high end mall with all the "designer" stores, like Chanel, Armani, Cartier, etc. They carry the crap that doesn't sell in their flagship stores, because they know it's just tourists.

Not really. The high society and celebrities in Manila get their jewelry from them for ages, I doubt they will put their reputation at risk to their clients for the longest time. Just go to IG and check #jewelmer and you'll see that a lot of their offerings are snapped by the locals.

There are also mid-range offers, but these are usually the charms and bracelets.

Second-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member

There are strands made by Jewelmer and strands with Jewelmer pearls. That is a possibility of a big difference in price.
    Jewelmer has an office in Hong Kong which supllies wholesalers with Jewelmer pearls.

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

Ah, that's good.

I know Red was disappointed that the Atlas farm had lower quality pearls than she was expecting, because the tourists who visited weren't buying the high end stuff that goes to the stores.

Last one, I was referring to the Jewelmer boutique shops which are in all major malls, not jewelers using Jewelmer pearls which is uncommon in Manila.

A friend of mine in Tokyo mentioned that Jewelmer is more expensive in Japan, because of the luxury tax imposed over there. Sometimes even Mikis are more expensive in Japan than in the US. Just a heads up!

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    Ah, that's good.

I know Red was disappointed that the Atlas farm had lower quality pearls than she was expecting, because the tourists who visited weren't buying the high end stuff that goes to the stores.
    I've seen them at the Sydney shows and my recollection is that the majority of the pearls were not top grade. I actually didn't see any graded A .. most were B and C . Of course to be fair , I wasn't really looking closely but it was something that I noticed at the time.

CrazyMissy
    You are absolutely correct.
    Today I spent over an hour at Jewelmer counter at Mitsoukoshi in Nihonbashi.
    Prices are more expensive than US. And I was surprised that there was not that big a selection.
    The sale lady was super sweet, and pulled out their entire stock for me to see. The pearls were truly gorgeous.

Super Moderator Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert jshepherd's Avatar

The pearls I've seen in Jewelmer shops have always been the cream of the crop. I know they have other grades that they sell branded wholesale too.I imagine it depends on the destination though.

We recently launched a Pearl Paradise boutique in French Polynesia on a cruise ship. We were told by our partner in Tahiti that most tourists buy B/C grade and A grade typically only in baroque and circles. For the most part that's been true. We've sold around 50 strands in the past three months, and only about four or five were A grade strands (AAA).

Jeremy Shepherd
    President and Founder
    PearlParadise.com, Inc.
    The PearlParadise.com YouTube Channel
    PearlParadise.com on Flickr
    PearlParadise.com on Facebook
    Some of My Favorite Pearly Finds on Instagram

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BlackPearlDudeDC's Avatar

If you decided you ever want to do a SF Bay area Pearlparadise Pop-up shop let me know .

Okay now back to Jewelmer GSSP... I can only imagine the cream of the crop prices, and the stunners attached to those prices.

Quote Originally Posted by jshepherd View Post
    The pearls I've seen in Jewelmer shops have always been the cream of the crop. I know they have other grades that they sell branded wholesale too.I imagine it depends on the destination though.

We recently launched a Pearl Paradise boutique in French Polynesia on a cruise ship. We were told by our partner in Tahiti that most tourists buy B/C grade and A grade typically only in baroque and circles. For the most part that's been true. We've sold around 50 strands in the past three months, and only about four or five were A grade strands (AAA).

Jeremy Shepherd
    President and Founder
    PearlParadise.com, Inc.

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert JerseyPearl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jshepherd View Post

Jeremy Shepherd
    President and Founder
    PearlParadise.com, Inc.
    Best wishes for much success with the boutique!
    Etsy shop: OceansCove
    Instagram: OceansCove
    Facebook: Ocean's Cove Jewelry
    Amazon Handmade: Ocean's Cove
    Pinterest: OceansCove