Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thank you Newberry and Katbran! I do like wearing bracelets.

lmgarden- I'm glad you went with the harvest strand, and I really want to see the keshis and Fijis when completed!

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

The bracelets are just gorgeous.

And yeah, famous last words. They never seem to apply to pearls, though.

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Red's Avatar

lmgarden - Of course you needed a SS harvest strand in addition to those gorgeous Fiji pearls. Looking forward to seeing your creations.

jeg- Love all your Fiji bracelets. The two colorful ones, and that one filled with the chocolate kisses. All wonderful colors of Fiji.

Thanks BWeaves and Red! I love the variation in color and the way they show their color no matter the lighting.

Quote Originally Posted by jeg View Post
    Thanks BWeaves and Red! I love the variation in color and the way they show their color no matter the lighting.
    Exactly. Fiji pearls have great coloring in all lighting, whereas Tahitian overtones often disappear and go grey. Similarly with all but the top SoC. We are going into our 6 months of cold and darkness and very low light angles when we are outside. I so enjoy my Fijis all winter long, as well as the other seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    Exactly. Fiji pearls have great coloring in all lighting, whereas Tahitian overtones often disappear and go grey. Similarly with all but the top SoC. .
    I did not know that. Thanks for the good information. Now I have to start hunting down Fiji pearls, so we missed them at Ruckus (or they missed us).

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    Exactly. Fiji pearls have great coloring in all lighting, whereas Tahitian overtones often disappear and go grey. Similarly with all but the top SoC. We are going into our 6 months of cold and darkness and very low light angles when we are outside. I so enjoy my Fijis all winter long, as well as the other seasons.
    Well that's really interesting! I wonder what makes that happen ? Or not happen .. ?
    Instagram Pearlzaustralia

Body color vs overtones? Just my uneducated guess. Not only do they come in more variety of color, the bodies are a strong, solid color. Much like freshwater pearls like pinks and lavenders hold their color in any light because of the solid body color. A lot of Tahitians have the black or grey body color with overtones, so it depends on the lighting whether the overtones show at their best. Again, I'm just guessing-

Yes, I think you are correct, jeg. Fiji pearls have strong body colors which hold in different lighting. I was telling Jeremy this last fall when I flew out to LA and visited PP. That this is why I think Fijis are such a hit. I'm sure he doesn't see what I see since he lives in LA. Winter light in the North is not like winter light in LA. I rarely see the overtones in my Tahitians. It is such a delight to bring them to LA in the summer and see them light up. My Robert Wan multi-color Tahitian strand has a light silver body and a gold body Tahitian, but most of the rest are various shades of medium grey. Still pretty because there are still some overtones in most lights, but not as colorful as my Fiji bracelets.

Red, that's interesting. I find that my pearls get totally washed out in the Florida sunlight. I can't wait until winter, because that's when they look their best. The sun is "clearer" (not as humid), but lower in the sky, so not so intense. Pearls I went gaga over at Ruckus looked so washed out when I got them home.

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert battah's Avatar

This discussion about colors in different lighting is really interesting. I know most of my pearls really pop in shaded sunlight, so I've wondered before whether pearl love ends up being regional due to lighting conditions really showing off their beauty.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/LiliasTreasures

Instagram: @LiliasTreasures

I always photograph my pearls in the shade, which is why the diamonds and opals always look dull. And sometimes the shade is even too bright.

Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    Red, that's interesting. I find that my pearls get totally washed out in the Florida sunlight. I can't wait until winter, because that's when they look their best. The sun is "clearer" (not as humid), but lower in the sky, so not so intense. Pearls I went gaga over at Ruckus looked so washed out when I got them home.
    Ha, ha. I bet that your winter light is closer to my summer light.

I bet you're right!!!

The summer sunlight here is so intense that pearls totally lose their colour . And summer is Looooong !

I'm looking forward to seeing some Fiji pearls in real life !
    Instagram Pearlzaustralia