Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Oooooo, I had a feeling Hisano could charm her way in getting some of the beauties home. I can't wait to see what she does with them!!!
    "The heart of man is very much like the sea, it has its storms, it has its tides and in its depths it has its pearls too."-Vincent Van Gogh

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abi View Post
    Oooooo, I had a feeling Hisano could charm her way in getting some of the beauties home. I can't wait to see what she does with them!!!
    I know. Little h pieces such as rings, tiny earrings, something else. These are so beautiful, even in a screen capture.

Name:  GoldenAkoya2.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  62.5 KB

Second-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member kalmen22's Avatar

Been enjoying and catching up on the live videos. Isn't technology just amazing!
    That said.. I tried to email Brady but no reply. Maybe my email went to spam. Ahh

Pearl Journalist Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert GemGeek's Avatar

When I was in Hong Kong two years ago, they had just been changing over to these newer lights. They show up as blue bands in photographs. The energy vibration of the lighting is something that wreaks havoc with the frame rate of video. It would not flicker with real film, but who can use real film these days?

The worst for me was when these lights started showing up in Tucson and Las Vegas. Getting a good photograph is next to impossible. You have to step away from the lights and count on the ambient light of the hall.

Still, you really get the idea of what the show is like. Brady is a trouper!
    GemGeek
    The World Is My Oyster!

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

I tried e-mailing Brady, too, and didn't get a response. He may be inundated. Those videos were really popular. I was lusting after a pistachio rope, but there may not be enough pearls since I got my request in after the video had been up for some hours.

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert JerseyPearl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GemGeek View Post
    When I was in Hong Kong two years ago, they had just been changing over to these newer lights. They show up as blue bands in photographs. The energy vibration of the lighting is something that wreaks havoc with the frame rate of video. It would not flicker with real film, but who can use real film these days?

The worst for me was when these lights started showing up in Tucson and Las Vegas. Getting a good photograph is next to impossible. You have to step away from the lights and count on the ambient light of the hall.

Still, you really get the idea of what the show is like. Brady is a trouper!
    Maybe the trick is to carry a piece of white board with you that can act as buffer to block some of the direct overheads?
    Etsy shop: OceansCove
    Instagram: OceansCove
    Facebook: Ocean's Cove Jewelry
    Amazon Handmade: Ocean's Cove

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyPearl View Post
    Maybe the trick is to carry a piece of white board with you that can act as buffer to block some of the direct overheads?
    Exactly right JP - Most of the good vendors will hold a sorting tray over the pearls so that you can get a decent shot. It certainly helps!
    Instagram Pearlzaustralia

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl Dreams View Post
    Oh, that is soon!
    Get all the sleep you can now before the baby arrives!
    Boy this is so true. You won't sleep for the next 2 years lol
    Instagram Pearlzaustralia

Really loved being able to follow along on your whirlwind trip and to witness the live shopping! I hope we'll get to see more photos to fill in where it couldn't be broadcast. Brady did a great job! I was seriously fascinated listening to Jeremy flow from English to Japanese to Chinese. Wow!

Second-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member

Yes, it was so impressive to hear Jeremy switch to speaking three of the most difficult languages to master, English, Japanese and Chinese! What a guy!!
    Thank you, Jeremy, Hisano and Brady for making us feel we were right there shopping with you!!