Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Results 151 to 160 of 160
  1. #151
    First-graft Pearl Abi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Arizona as of 9/2017
    Posts
    132

    Default

    Oooooo, I had a feeling Hisano could charm her way in getting some of the beauties home. I can't wait to see what she does with them!!!
    "The heart of man is very much like the sea, it has its storms, it has its tides and in its depths it has its pearls too."-Vincent Van Gogh

  2. #152
    Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Minnesota, USA
    Posts
    1,045

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Abi View Post
    Oooooo, I had a feeling Hisano could charm her way in getting some of the beauties home. I can't wait to see what she does with them!!!
    I know. Little h pieces such as rings, tiny earrings, something else. These are so beautiful, even in a screen capture.

    Name:  GoldenAkoya2.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  62.5 KB

  3. #153
    Second-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member kalmen22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    662

    Default

    Been enjoying and catching up on the live videos. Isn't technology just amazing!
    That said.. I tried to email Brady but no reply. Maybe my email went to spam. Ahh

  4. #154
    Pearl Journalist Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert GemGeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Oceanside, CA
    Posts
    8,782

    Default

    When I was in Hong Kong two years ago, they had just been changing over to these newer lights. They show up as blue bands in photographs. The energy vibration of the lighting is something that wreaks havoc with the frame rate of video. It would not flicker with real film, but who can use real film these days?

    The worst for me was when these lights started showing up in Tucson and Las Vegas. Getting a good photograph is next to impossible. You have to step away from the lights and count on the ambient light of the hall.

    Still, you really get the idea of what the show is like. Brady is a trouper!
    GemGeek
    The World Is My Oyster!

  5. #155
    Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Orlando, Florida, USA
    Posts
    2,978

    Default

    I tried e-mailing Brady, too, and didn't get a response. He may be inundated. Those videos were really popular. I was lusting after a pistachio rope, but there may not be enough pearls since I got my request in after the video had been up for some hours.

  6. #156
    Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert JerseyPearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, of course!
    Posts
    4,981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GemGeek View Post
    When I was in Hong Kong two years ago, they had just been changing over to these newer lights. They show up as blue bands in photographs. The energy vibration of the lighting is something that wreaks havoc with the frame rate of video. It would not flicker with real film, but who can use real film these days?

    The worst for me was when these lights started showing up in Tucson and Las Vegas. Getting a good photograph is next to impossible. You have to step away from the lights and count on the ambient light of the hall.

    Still, you really get the idea of what the show is like. Brady is a trouper!
    Maybe the trick is to carry a piece of white board with you that can act as buffer to block some of the direct overheads?
    Etsy shop: OceansCove
    Instagram: OceansCove
    Facebook: Ocean's Cove Jewelry
    Amazon Handmade: Ocean's Cove

  7. #157
    Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    4,724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyPearl View Post
    Maybe the trick is to carry a piece of white board with you that can act as buffer to block some of the direct overheads?
    Exactly right JP - Most of the good vendors will hold a sorting tray over the pearls so that you can get a decent shot. It certainly helps!
    Instagram Pearlzaustralia

  8. #158
    Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    4,724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl Dreams View Post
    Oh, that is soon!
    Get all the sleep you can now before the baby arrives!
    Boy this is so true. You won't sleep for the next 2 years lol
    Instagram Pearlzaustralia

  9. #159
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Great NW
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Really loved being able to follow along on your whirlwind trip and to witness the live shopping! I hope we'll get to see more photos to fill in where it couldn't be broadcast. Brady did a great job! I was seriously fascinated listening to Jeremy flow from English to Japanese to Chinese. Wow!

  10. #160
    Second-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    643

    Default

    Yes, it was so impressive to hear Jeremy switch to speaking three of the most difficult languages to master, English, Japanese and Chinese! What a guy!!
    Thank you, Jeremy, Hisano and Brady for making us feel we were right there shopping with you!!

Similar Threads

  1. A Facebook Live Pearl Paradise Show and Tell
    By newberry in forum Pearling Industry News
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 04-16-2017, 05:54 PM
  2. Who is going to the Hong Kong Trade in March 2017?
    By Cees in forum Pearling Industry News
    Replies: 134
    Last Post: 03-24-2017, 06:37 PM
  3. Hong Kong September 2015
    By pearlescence in forum Pearling Industry News
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-19-2015, 03:54 PM
  4. The Hong Kong Jewelry Show in a video teaser!
    By jshepherd in forum Pearling Industry News
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-15-2014, 11:16 PM
  5. Hong Kong Convention in September 2006
    By julianner in forum Pearling Industry News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-22-2006, 02:19 PM