Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    First-graft Pearl Senior Member asurazzy's Avatar

Default New Earrings Project

Helooww. I figured just make a new post about my new earring project. I have just recieved my stones today and I must say I love them! So I will utilise it to set my pearls. First I will make a pair or missmatch earrings. Its missmatched because I have to use 2 different sizes pearls with different colors as well. Pearl no.1 is Fijian green about 13 mm+ and Pearl no.2 is another Fijian with silver crimson color 15mm+.
    The plan as ilustrated in the photo are bigger flower with smaller pearl and smaller flower with bigger pearl.
    Earring no.1 will start with a gold hoop then dangle beneath with a trillion cut citrine followed by a flower made of 1 big diamond cut garnet surrounded by 6 diamond cut peridot then dangle the green pearl then dangle a single peridot.
    Earring no.2 is gold hoop followed by the trillion citrine then a flower made of 1 small diamond cut peridot surrounded by 5 diamond cut garnet then dangle the larger silver pearl then dangle the peridot.
    The setting will be 18 ct yellow gold. If I have enough money, the hoop, trilion cut citrine n bottom peridot dangle might have micropaved diamonds. But...most unlikely hahaha!
    I love the Idea how colorful pearls can be and wants to exaggerate that with colorful stones. Its a missmatch but hopefully still corelated. It will be another big heavy earrings.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Nice pearls and gems ! I prefer the left side layout. I fell the right better with a purple or cupper edison pearl.

Lovely. I always think pearls go very well with coloured gems. I think yours are really lovely. And the designs are great!

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

Asurazzy - you always make me laugh ! You are so brave ! You just get an idea and GOFORIT ! I can't wait to see how this set turns out . . An amazing idea !
    Instagram Pearlzaustralia

I LOVE mismatched earrings. Go for it!!!

Mismatched earrings ? I had not understood... So, yes, it's a nice idea!

Second-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member

OH MY! It's gonna to be beautiful. I love the green,purple and orange combo.

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert JerseyPearl's Avatar

Great color combos...I am a bit thrown by the different size stones for the flowers. The pearls don't look as dramatically different in size. If the overall length is maintained between the two earrings, it should work with smaller flower/larger pearl; larger flower/smaller pearl. Just keep the overall proportions for length and width.

And I do so love the combo of colors and the overall concept!!
    Etsy shop: OceansCove
    Instagram: OceansCove
    Facebook: Ocean's Cove Jewelry
    Amazon Handmade: Ocean's Cove

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert amti's Avatar

I'm going to take a guess and think you're going to use 22k to tie it all together? I'm looking forward to seeing the final result. You come up with some unique and bold designs that fit you so well! I think the gemstones look great with the pearls and love the flowers!

It wilk be made with 18 ct gold because it will be made in Australia just like the big dangly tahiti earrings Amti.

Thanks for the comments people but I think I might scrape this idea hahahaaaa...because I just went to the jeweller. She showed me a pendant basically its like a weaved gold net with studded diamonds that have a big white fireball in it. N i was like hummmm....I told her to make me pair of earrings with that style but the basket have to be smaller to fit for 15 mm pearl and the weaved gold basket attached to a hoop. N I want it to be 7 cms long or about 3 inches. Does that makes sense??? Let me see if I have a picture for it...

This one have similar style.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Oh ! I was so excited to see the earrings!!! But now I'm excited about the pendant ! I understand what you are doing ..are you goin to use any of you stones or are they too large ?
    Instagram Pearlzaustralia

Hi Katbran! It will still be earrings but in that pendant style. So it will be 2 of those weaved baskets hanging from my ears haha. I like this model because I can switch the pearls inside and the pearls can be whole no need to drill it. I asked the jeweller to make the weaved basket to it can fit up to 17 mm pearl at the base. So I just have to pop a pearl inside each basket. Now I need to look for 1 more 15 mm pearl or just look a pair of pearls with the same size. I still look ways on how or what I will use my stones. Can put one dangling on each of the bottom of the earrings basket.

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert JerseyPearl's Avatar

I am assuming that to switch out the pearls, you must slide the rondelle component up and down along the chain. What kind of posts will you use? I am loving the direction you are going, btw.
    Etsy shop: OceansCove
    Instagram: OceansCove
    Facebook: Ocean's Cove Jewelry
    Amazon Handmade: Ocean's Cove

Pearl Journalist Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert GemGeek's Avatar

Cool. Love the mismatched earrings, but can't wait to see your pendant earrings!
    GemGeek
    The World Is My Oyster!