Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

Pattye, it's a shame I can't send 1/2 of Irma's water your way to put out the fires. Nature is cruel.

Saturday morning, 9-Sept-2017, and soooo quiet. No planes. No cars. No animal sounds. I keep seeing flashes of far off lightning, but I cannot hear the thunder. It's supposed to rain all day today, but the hurricane isn't here yet. Just a grey, rainy day today.

Today I'll do my last bit of grocery shopping. I'll get some cooking done so there's food to eat if the power goes out. Fill up the bathtubs with water, so we can flush the toilets if the power goes out. Fill up the empty water jugs (seriously, why buy bottled water when you can make your own?). Tonight I'll boil some water and put it in a couple of Thermos jugs so we have hot water for tea come tomorrow. Everyone has their flashlight, and I'll get out the candles and matches. My old high school transistor radio has fresh batteries. My loom has a project on it to keep me busy.

Oh, and I'm wearing pistachio akoyas from PP and my black and white Tahitian studs from Komoka. Just trying to feel normal.

IMG_3600.jpg

Even though the light Tahitian stud doesn't begin to match the pistachio akoyas, they look like they match from a distance.

IMG_3597.jpg

IMG_3598.jpg
    Last edited by BWeaves; 09-09-2017 at 08:22 PM.

Second-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member Lady_Disdain's Avatar

Good luck and my thoughts are with you.

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert battah's Avatar

Thinking of you today, BWeaves.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/LiliasTreasures

Instagram: @LiliasTreasures

Second-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member kalmen22's Avatar

Sending love Bweaves

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Marianne's Avatar

Thinking of you B and all my dear friends in Fl. Sending prayers for safety.

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member

BWeaves- you sound very organized and prepared. And all the prep done in pearls- love it!

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member Luvglitz's Avatar

BWeaves, be safe.
    We have very close friends in Naples who were not able to leave because of health issues. Although they live in a high rise, they will shelter in a clubhouse that has been recently built to withstand strong winds and has a backup generator.

I wish them luck. I have coworkers who evacuated from Key West to the west coast of Florida, and now that's where Irma is heading.

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Red's Avatar

CNN is reporting that millions in Florida could be without power for some time after Irma goes up the state. Keep safe and keep on posting BWeaves. Praying for all in the path of this monster storm.

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member ericw's Avatar

Courage et bonne chance vous tous !

Merci beaucoup!

I'll keep posting as long as I have power. I do expect to lose power at some point on Sunday and through Monday.

Best of luck BWeaves - I'm sure you are prepared . Stay safe !

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member

I like the way you are waiting and preparing in style BWeaves!
    I have friends who have evacuated their homes on Sanibel Island and in Ft. Myers. It's a favorite vacation destination of mine. I can't imagine all that water rushing the tiny island. Holding my breath for tomorrow...
    Last edited by jeg; 09-10-2017 at 03:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    Rainy this morning (Friday), but sunny this afternoon. Picked up my Dad to come stay with us. I anticipate many games of Rumikub will get played. I keep puttering around the house as I think of things to prepare or make more secure. My neighbors are all hammering and nailing boards around their houses. Lots of thunder, although it can't possibly be the hurricane, as its still too far away. Clear skies and thunder is always a bit weird.

I feel like Pippin in The Lord of the Rings, when he's on the balcony with Gandalf, as he's staring at the lighting and darkness in the distance. "I don't want to be in a battle, but waiting on the edge of one I can't escape is even worse!" I mentioned that to Greg, who laughed and said that was exactly what he was thinking, too. We are of one mind, us two.
    BWeaves, my sister is in Leesburg, not far from you at all. She and her husband are playing cards with neighbor friends to keep their minds off the impending storm. They spent the day placing sandbags around their sliding glass door of the lanai and lowering the pool, after bringing everything inside from the yard. I'm sure you feel like she does, she says she just wants to get it over with, as she is so tired. Please stay safe, hope all goes well for you.

Second-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member

Be safe Bweaves! I'm very far away but I'm scared. Damn news! I've been hearing it on tv on and off all day and it made me so scared.