Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Oh my gosh I can't wait!

I saw Pareltje and Sanippy's strands from Cees and had to contact him. I love their strands so much! Such colorful candy pieces.

So this will be on its way to me. I have no idea how to string but these look so pretty I don't even care! I love craft projects and have been watching videos on stringing for over a year but have not actually attempted it yet. Cees is such a wonderful person to work with. These are 11.00mm - 13.80mm. That big blue one is wonderful looking! My first Tahitians and probably the only ones I will have. If I fail at stringing I guess I will have to send them to someone.

As an aside where can I get one of the orbit clasps in white metal? I like how those look and it seems they add a bit of length?

Name:  mcth1.jpg
Views: 458
Size:  70.7 KB

Pearl Enthusiast Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Pearl Dreams's Avatar

Congratulations! Such vivid colors.

Have a look at the tutorials stickied on our Lowly Beaders Club forum. You can string them-- it isn't hard! Many of us string our own pearls. Pattye's Beaders Secret thread makes it very easy to knot without tools. She carries gimp and needles as well.

You can buy the oval clasps from Pearl Paradise: https://www.pearlparadise.com/collections/clasps

Rio Grande sells oval hinged hook and eye clasps also: https://www.riogrande.com/search/go?...riogran…

Edit: Sorry, the Rio link isn't working. Go to Rio Grande and use search terms "oval hinged hook and eye clasps".
    Last edited by Pearl Dreams; 08-17-2017 at 06:37 AM.

Pearl Dreams thank you so much for your links! I spend a lot of time here perusing and I actually did buy some beader's secret from Pattye last year but time has gotten away from me it seems. I have lots of gem beads and some earring findings from Rio Grande also. Thank you again. I am glad you like the colors!

Oh, sorry -- my Rio link doesn't work! Just enter in the search field "oval hinged hook and eye clasp".

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

That looks lovely !! Enjoy and do post photos when they arrive !!

First-graft Pearl Senior Member Abi's Avatar

I look forward to you receiving this beauty, and seeing a lovely neck shot with it!
    "The heart of man is very much like the sea, it has its storms, it has its tides and in its depths it has its pearls too."-Vincent Van Gogh

First-graft Pearl Senior Member Pearling Technologies's Avatar

great colours!
    George Ventouras
    Pearling Technologies
    www.pearlingtechnologies.com

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Sanippy's Avatar

Oh my god they are stunning!! LOVE the centre blue pearl! So many great colours. I ordered a large orbit clasp from Rio Grande for mine!

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member

Wonderful strand. Beware - this will be the start of a very expensive hobby!

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

OOOO, you're certainly starting at the top. No buyer's remorse on this strand. It's gorgeous and I can tell you're going to love it for years to come.

Oh thank you all for your kind comments! Cees was very helpful and did offer to put this on a harpoon system that seemed interesting. But I am not sure of the layout in the pic and wanted to play with the layout myself. There are a few pearls that seem too similar in color right next to each other. I do have a board for necklace layouts so really I am pretty much set up to do it except for a clasp. Now I will for sure need to start practicing but if I keep these beauties in sight at my work station that is more incentive right?

My GSS strand from Cees is on that sort of harpoon system, and it's very comfortable and easy to use, but the strand was already strung when I bought it-- and they were all GSS, and well-arranged.

But you have a multicolor strand and I can see why you want to play around with the layout. I think you are better off getting them unstrung so you can rearrange at will. I've rearranged most of the necklaces I've bought. I think my WSS and GSS are the only ones I haven't rearranged.

That is good to know that you like that system.

What are your thoughts on the golden one next to the big blue? When I look at it, it seems to draw my eye away from the big blue. What if I swapped the golden and the teal next to it so there would be 2 teals on each side of the center? They seem to be similar in size. Well I guess I will have lots of time to play with them! I might have to post layouts when the time comes for all of you to take a look at because everyone is so very helpful to each other here.

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert amti's Avatar

Congratulations! That's a gorgeous strand and I can't wait to see it on you! You're going to have a love hate relationship with the stringing until you get the clasps on... then you're going to love it. And do it over and over again. lol... I might as well extend welcome to the stringing club to you now.

What is the harpoon system?

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert JerseyPearl's Avatar

Honestly, I like the layout the way it currently is, but I also happen to really love colorful pearls. One note of caution should you wish to rearrange, be sure to measure the pearls so that you keep their graduation.
    Etsy shop: OceansCove
    Instagram: OceansCove
    Facebook: Ocean's Cove Jewelry
    Amazon Handmade: Ocean's Cove
    Pinterest: OceansCove