Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    First-graft Pearl Senior Member asurazzy's Avatar

Default Artistic opinion Pleazeeeee...

Ellow!
    I have this greyish blue stone and purple stones given by my mum plus I have this pinkish ripple pearls and big tahitian pearls. So I would like to make a dangle earring out of it. The plan is...the tops will be gold diamond huggies and cascading down with the stones and pearls. The model kinda look like this pic I found on the net.
    Name:  Screenshot_20170809-194522.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  5.1 KB

I would like an opinion on the arrangement of the color and stone pearls position. Which one is the best??

1. Blue stone, purple stone, pink pearl than last black pearl.
    2. Purple stone, blue stone, pink pearl than black pearl.
    3. Blue stone, pink pearl, purple stone, black pearl.
    4. Purple stone, pink pearl, blue stone, black pearl.
    Or maybe...even 5. upside down like from big to small?? That would be different.

So what do you think??? Or maybe different combo? Im going to the jeweller next week sooo please help me....thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

I love all the combinations, but I have a concern that the earrings are going to be too heavy. I, personally, could only handle one of those large pearls on an earring.

Have you thought about making two sets of dangles instead of one pair of earrings? Make them as dangles with a large eye at the top, and you'll be able to hang them off the same pair of diamond huggies. This would also have the advantage that you could wear the diamond huggies by themselves.

Personally, I like the purple stone with the Tahitian pearl, and the blue stone with the pink ripple.

I also like the idea of mismatching them, and maybe putting one blue stone with one pink ripple, one purple stone with one pink ripple, one blue stone with one T, and one purple stone with one T, and then mixing it up when you wear them.

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member Katalin's Avatar

I like the first set the best!

BWeaves - my first thought was that they would be heavy .

How large are the pearls ? I prefer the first set .. but wondered if they are heavy , if you should try making two sets of earrings..one with the Tahitians and one with the Pink . You could switch them on the huggies as you like. .

Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    I love all the combinations, but I have a concern that the earrings are going to be too heavy. I, personally, could only handle one of those large pearls on an earring.

Have you thought about making two sets of dangles instead of one pair of earrings? Make them as dangles with a large eye at the top, and you'll be able to hang them off the same pair of diamond huggies. This would also have the advantage that you could wear the diamond huggies by themselves.

Personally, I like the purple stone with the Tahitian pearl, and the blue stone with the pink ripple.

I also like the idea of mismatching them, and maybe putting one blue stone with one pink ripple, one purple stone with one pink ripple, one blue stone with one T, and one purple stone with one T, and then mixing it up when you wear them.
    Yep they would be heavy. I just like something very obscene and dramatic punch you in the eye kinda earrings. I like the idea of mitchmatch and can hang it on the same huggies! Ill talk to the jewellers about it. I wish there is kinda stack earring style where you can just hang more to create more length if you want to..humm maybe I can ask for one!

Quote Originally Posted by Katalin View Post
    I like the first set the best!
    I like the classic dangle look too!

Quote Originally Posted by Katbran View Post
    BWeaves - my first thought was that they would be heavy .

How large are the pearls ? I prefer the first set .. but wondered if they are heavy , if you should try making two sets of earrings..one with the Tahitians and one with the Pink . You could switch them on the huggies as you like. .
    They are heavy! I mean..the pearls r kinda big. The pink one is 15 mm. So the black one is larger. I just want big earrings haha.

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

I like the fourth combo. But I agree that they will be heavy earrings.

Yeah Pareltje. They will be heavy! I went to the jeweller few hours ago. Im living in a Sydney suburb called Cabramatta. Its asian hub basicly. Just 200 m from my house its like a market with more than 15 jeweller shops. So I just went to one and they suggest me 1 or 2 model style. It will take 3 days to make and total cost of gold n service is 1160 Australian $. The gold is 18 ct. It will be ready on Monday. Ill wear it n take pictures then!

Pearl Journalist Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert GemGeek's Avatar

It's amazing how fast you went from advice to creation. I hope they make your heart sing, even if your lobes ache!
    GemGeek
    The World Is My Oyster!

LOL I thought the same thing GemGeek ! That was really fast !!

Hahaha in speedy Gonzales mood! Mainly because its my bday gift. I mean I got the pearls and I was given money to create the earring. So I did and will wear it for my bday this Thursday thats why Im in a hurry haha!

Actually the earrings are somewhat inspired by Margot Mckinneys earrings. She's an Australian pearl jewelleries designer. Her earring pieces are enouuurmouussss, very big and bold and heavy...so I want really bold earrings and just use up the stones my mum given me and the loose undrilled tahitian and rippled pearls I already owned.
    Hope it will turn beautiful. Was wanting diamond huggy but the huggy itself already cost 760$. Its out of the bday gift budget haha. So I just asked for textured 18 ct gold setting. Hope it will turn beautiful!

Margot Mckinneys earrings!Attachment 54003

First-graft Pearl Senior Member ericw's Avatar

Sorry, but I don't understand. If you want earrings, is in two pieces, one by side ? In this case, I should prefer purple stone (tourmalin ?) upon dark pearl and grey stone (tourmalin also ?) upon gold pearl. Full charm of assymmetry...

Ohhh ericw. I just took photo of one side of the earring. The other side will have the same arrangement. I will take photo of it on monday when its finished! Wish me luck!