Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BlackPearlDudeDC's Avatar

I'll never forget when the HSN which I think invented this "bracelet buddy" and debuted it on one of their shows and only available on their shopping channel at the time. My mother thought what a great idea for arthritic hands and bought a couple for my grandmother which tells you how long ago this was around. It was a smart yet simple idea back then and I was just a teen, years (Many many years) later I saw them on the shelves in Bed-bath-Beyond still a great idea.

I was wondering if people would post their PP sale loot. The Grad pearls are interesting idea in a bracelet...not sure I ever seen that before and those metallics are stunning.

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

Lizard - thanks for the photo . They are pretty cool and such a simple idea really.
    A relative of mine .. someone's daughter in law...is married to a guy whose mom supposedly invented that...I was told, years ago, that she got the idea from a roach clip that happened to be about in one of the bedrooms... lol She presented it to the shopping channel...and there you go ! Now there are tons of them out there - some very nice looking ones with soft jaws. I thought the original would be a bit scratchy.

Actually the long nosed pliers work as well lol

Oh my goodness, that gold one is absolutely stunning!! I am drooling over here.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPearlDudeDC View Post
    I was wondering if people would post their PP sale loot. The Grad pearls are interesting idea in a bracelet...not sure I ever seen that before and those metallics are stunning.
    The only problem with the graduated bracelet is that the heaviest pearl pulls to the lowest point - so unless you realign it regularly, the best view is of the catch! There are a few "bar bracelets" in the sale with beautiful pearls, but I would think it would be very hard to keep the pearls in a visible position without using double sided tape! (No - I've course I wouldn't submit my pearls to that!)

That is a problem with most pearl bracelet designs - I was wandering around the HK show last year with a Pearl expert from the USA and it seemed like every time I pointed out a bracelet I liked..she'd point out the design flaw and tell me what was wrong with it lol When I go back in September..I'll have a much better idea what to look for that's for sure ! The pearls are very pretty though !

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Red's Avatar

I used a very heavy silver bracelet clasp on one of my pearl bracelets, mainly because I liked the Balinese granulation that it had. But, that heavy clasp had the resulting effect of staying on the underside of my wrist, and so the bracelet stays oriented correctly all day.

Quote Originally Posted by lizard View Post
    ... There are a few "bar bracelets" in the sale with beautiful pearls, but I would think it would be very hard to keep the pearls in a visible position without using double sided tape!
    Well, funnily enough, after letting my husband loose on the Pearl Paradise site to select me a mystery present, he chose one of these bracelets!

Name:  IMG_0569.JPG
Views: 81
Size:  113.6 KB

The pearls were beautiful, but as predicted, spent most of their time on the underside of my wrist... so within 48 hours, I was off to my local jeweller where it has now been remade on a solid silver spring-band.

Name:  IMG_0588.JPG
Views: 83
Size:  116.6 KB

I am much happier with it, as the beautiful pearls stay exactly where I want them. It was quite a cheap exercise and, as a bonus, I would think will be much more robust than the original light chain too.

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert CathyKeshi's Avatar

Now that's a brilliant idea, Lizard! Such a simple solution, but so perfect. I'd been eyeing up those bracelets, knowing they'd roll and I'd never see the pearls ... bingo ... Thanks for the idea
    Cathy

CathyKeshi

I love your bracelet solution! Your bracelets are lovely.

That’s an excellent idea ! And I prefer the look of the redesigned bracelet !

Pearl Journalist Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert GemGeek's Avatar

Great thinking and fast action! Gorgeous pearls.
    GemGeek
    The World Is My Oyster!

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert JerseyPearl's Avatar

Lovely redo on your bracelet!
    Etsy shop: OceansCove
    Instagram: OceansCove
    Facebook: Ocean's Cove Jewelry
    Amazon Handmade: Ocean's Cove
    Pinterest: OceansCove

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Sanippy's Avatar

Gorgeous bracelet!