Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member Katalin's Avatar

Talking My south sea tin cup summer project

Maybe some of you have seen my post partly about my new project in the SS forum, but I thought I start here a new thread, maybe I can get a few more options.

Originally I wanted to buy a big WSS enhancer pendant. A few of you have posted about your good experiences with Pearl Society, so I just browsed through their eBay shop. As it is, I quickly realized, they have a big selection of golden SS also. Although I have never liked yellow gold and golden pearls bevor, somehow a bug have bitten me, and I just had to order a few golden pearls, and of course not a WSSP but GSSP pendant. This is how it goes with pearly girls.

So these are the items which I ordered and are already in Vienna at customs. I hope to get the this week sometime:

Name:  IMG_5005.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  108.8 KB

The pendant:
    Name:  IMG_4993.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  5.5 KB

I was really considering if I should use silver or yellow gold vermeil chain, and I still haven't decided actually, but I'm really tending to use yellow gold vermeil, to achieve a completely different look, than my other tin cups. Can you maybe show me your south sea tin cup?

By the way, someone posted here about eikopearls, sorry, I really forgot, who it was. If you read it, please chime in! I would like to thank you for inspiration! These I have found on the website of Eiko pearls, I think they are stunning:
    Name:  IMG_5055.JPG
Views: 227
Size:  181.3 KB
    Name:  IMG_5057.JPG
Views: 214
Size:  105.8 KB

I have just ordered a few Tahitians from Wen, I even may go for a tincup with all the three colors, white gold and black.

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

I love the tin cups. What interesting chains.

Ouuuuu la laaaaa!! Pearl society??? Need to check that out! I would use the gold chain cause it would make it look more expensive. I love tincups as well! Only have 2 so far. 1 I have not recieve yet..Name:  FB_IMG_1499778560093.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  158.4 KB thats the one I got so far. Double strands.

So you have got 9 pearls. Can be made into 4 top n 5 bottom double strands if you like the look. Oggghh more than 9 because just read u will have black as well.
    Last edited by asurazzy; 07-11-2017 at 01:18 PM.

Asurazzy your tincup with the rose colored pearls is beauty! I'm really curious for neck shots!
    Regarding layout of my new tin cup I'm planning a long necklace, at about 80 cm, i.e. 32 inch. Maybe I make an other one with the Tahities, but at first I have to see them altogether, to decide.

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert amti's Avatar

I love the mixture of different chains used in those tin cups. Are you going to do something similar? Looks like you're going to have a great time making necklaces!

Pearl Journalist Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert GemGeek's Avatar

Pearl Society - a good vendor!
    GemGeek
    The World Is My Oyster!

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

Love the tin cups with the decorative chains ! I can't wait to see your finished product !
    Instagram Pearlzaustralia

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert newberry's Avatar

I love tin cups and have many. The chains of the ones you showed are wonderful. I don't know which one I would choose. Great pearls too. With the length you have chosen to make, can you double it with ease? I find I really like the option of being able to wear it long or doubled. Post lots of pictures when you get all the parts and put it together.

Newberry I normally wear my long necklaces never doubled, I don't like that I always have to adjust them. I have a 90 cm Tahiti tin cup, an I could wear it doubled, but the layers never look like I would like to have them.
    It's really hard to find the right materials, almost impossible to find chains like this. I just have found yet a connector piece, but I'm still looking for the circles. This is the connector:
    Name:  IMG_5058.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  6.0 KB
    It's not as sophisticated that the ones on the pictured items, but still a filigree connector. I just need really nice hammered circles.

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert newberry's Avatar

I like that connector. What makes you examples is the texture of the chains. You might look for a ready made used chain on ebay that you could cut up.

Quote Originally Posted by Katalin View Post
    Asurazzy your tincup with the rose colored pearls is beauty! I'm really curious for neck shots!
    Regarding layout of my new tin cup I'm planning a long necklace, at about 80 cm, i.e. 32 inch. Maybe I make an other one with the Tahities, but at first I have to see them altogether, to decide.
    Hi Katalin!

I posted a neck for it but I cant find it anymore. Its somewhere in show us your pearl action thread. Well ill wear it tomorrow n take neck shot. I do however have gold, white n black pearl made into a long tincup. When I have it with me Ill take a shot.
    Btw Ill show you some of the tincup style bracelets made by the shop Im always goes to. Its bracelets but the ideas can be made into a necklace.Name:  Screenshot_20170712-235955.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  9.3 KBName:  Screenshot_20170713-000122.jpg
Size:  10.1 KBName:  Screenshot_20170713-000208.jpg
Size:  10.0 KB
    These are all south sea pearls. The metals however are solid 22k gold. Not gold filled.

Darn it...why the photos are super small???https://www.instagram.com/diva_mutiaralombok/
    Thats the instagram. Just look for it there hehe. They produce their own gold settings btw.

Asurazzy thank you! I've just had a look! They have some amazing pieces!!

My pearls have arrived, and they are beautiful! I can't wait to get my chain.
    Name:  IMG_5081.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  44.2 KB
    Name:  IMG_5080.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  41.9 KB

And a quick neck shot from the pendant:
    Name:  IMG_5077.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  64.0 KB

I have expected it to be a little bit deeper gold, but I still like it. The size is big enough, now I know, what size I would like to have in WSS and Tahiti.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Katalin; 07-13-2017 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Tried to flip the picture without success!

Woo Hoo, congratulations. They look wonderful. I bet your tin cup is going to be stunning.