Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1756142..._listing_top-6 These are so pretty, but so cheap. Are they really that good? Should i get multiple of them?
    Or
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/4787596...?ref=related-7 should i get this one? I feel like (in the pictures at least) the cheaper ones are prettier but I think I have to be mistaken. Thoughts?

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

I've never bought from the first one ..but if those are the actual pearls you receive ...they have a great lustre. The second , Kings pearls ..I've had good but not great earring pearls ...just tried a couple to sample the quality.

If you just want to try knotting then either would be fine ...but I would be tempted to buy a lovely pendant for a present.
    Instagram Pearlzaustralia

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Marianne's Avatar

I agree, a solitaire pendant is something she would most likely cherish and wear year round. Pearl Paradise has some lovely choices.
    I would avoid most ebay sellers!

Pearl Enthusiast Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Pearl Dreams's Avatar

johan,

The luster of the pearls in the first Etsy seller's photo is good...hopefully the strand you'd receive would be equally lustrous. Probably the photo is a representative photo showing what their freshwater strands look like generally. They are somewhat egg shaped pearls but they are solid nacre, and not everyone cares about perfect roundness. If you get several strands you could pick out the best ones to knot up yourself-- or knot a longer strand.

The pearls in the photo of the second Etsy listing (KongsPearl) are larger but I see some low luster spots on the pearls.

Do you think she'd rather have a strand than a pendant?

Update: The two sellers came back and sent pictures of the strands we would be receiving
    The 140.00 strand
    Name:  kongspearl1.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  59.4 KBName:  kongspearl2.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  57.5 KBName:  kongspearl3.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  53.4 KB
    The 40.00 strand
    Name:  pearlonly1.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  161.8 KBName:  pearlonly2.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  174.5 KB

I like the 40 strand's luster, but I want your expert advice!

She would rather have a strand than a pendant, we do not want any low luster spots, and I am looking over the clearance sale at pearl paradise for metallic freshwaters!
    Thank you everyone for all your help. You have no idea how deeply I (and eventually when she gets them) she will appreciate it!

Pearl Enthusiast Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Pearl Dreams's Avatar

Great photos! Nice and clear.

I like the 2 lowest $40 freshwater strands for their luster. I find the rather prominent blemish on the $140 strand distracting.

I agree with PD.

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert amti's Avatar

I would probably pick the more expensive one. The luster on the $40 strands is nice but I can't really see the surface. I also dislike how egg shaped they are. The more expensive ones do appear round but the blemish does bother me too. If it is just that one pearl, you can move it to the back if the pearls are all the same size, or not use it. It is like comparing apples to oranges though. There is such a big difference in size and shape.

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert JerseyPearl's Avatar

I think it's a bit difficult to tell the luster on that first photo...but in looking at the pearls, you can clearly see the adjacent pearls reflected, suggesting decent luster. I would ask if the blemished pearl can be switched out for another. One other thing to consider, the second photo appears to have more uniform color within each strand. The first seems to have a bit more variation of color. Personally, I like the first strand too.
    Etsy shop: OceansCove
    Instagram: OceansCove
    Facebook: Ocean's Cove Jewelry
    Amazon Handmade: Ocean's Cove

I think the first one is ok , the lustre is pretty good not great. But they are roundish and more uniform. The second photo has obviously very good lustre on eggy shaped little pearls - quite irregular but very shine. Personally I think the second group is probably too uneven in size for what you said she liked. If these are your only two choices .. then the first one. They are large, quite round and uniform with a decent lustre..they will make a nice necklace without having to spend hundreds of dollars.

You can get a very attractive Sterling Orbit clasp , large size, PP has them for 50$
    Last edited by Katbran; 07-15-2017 at 03:52 AM.
    Instagram Pearlzaustralia