Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Name:  IMG_2662.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  90.5 KB
    wet hair selfie time :-) one silver and one blue earring...

Name:  IMG_2665.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  89.9 KB
    Sorry Pearl Dreams another inverted selfie :-(
    I find 10mm too big for my ears so maybe I will convert these into dangles somewhere in the future...

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert JerseyPearl's Avatar

Pearls are gorgeous! I find if I rotate the photos in preview, prior to posting, that resolves the flipping issue. Not sure why, but it seems to work.
    Etsy shop: OceansCove
    Instagram: OceansCove
    Facebook: Ocean's Cove Jewelry
    Amazon Handmade: Ocean's Cove
    Pinterest: OceansCove

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

I love the mismatched earrings! And the necklace! And the background! And your smile!

Even flipped everything looks great.

Natural Pearl Lover Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert MSC's Avatar

Beautiful keshi and studs!

Name:  IMG_2681.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  137.6 KB

Thank you ladies!!!
    I restrung the lava necklace with 2mm silicone beads and was SO glad that I had a Visor on my head while doing it...thanks to the recomendations on this forum I am quite well equipped :-) In any case this is not a post about how many of these little guys jumped into nowhere:-)...
    I think the beads work well here, I like the finished look and it was mych easier the second time around...Beader's secret is the best!!!
    Thank you for your comments and help, on to the matching bracelet:-)

Name:  IMG_2685.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  87.7 KB

JP please tell me how do you rotate the picture in the preview, I can't find a way to do it...
    Thanks!!!

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

Oh my goodness look at those gorgeous pearls ! Beautiful Studs ! Those grey/pinks are lovely ! And the blue greens. , a favourite colour ! Well done! You have bought well !

And your necklace turned out really well . Those little bumpers are great ...I know what you mean about them hopping off...nothing like crawling around trying to find weeny-teeny clear beads. Been there

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert JerseyPearl's Avatar

When you look at the tool bar on top of the preview window, you will see several icons. About mid way, there is a rectangle box with an arrow pointing to the left above it. That's the icon to rotate the photo. I do a full rotation...in other words keep clicking until the photo is right side up again. That should do it.

Your necklace looks lovely! You did a great job. A whole new world opens up when you learn how to string.
    Etsy shop: OceansCove
    Instagram: OceansCove
    Facebook: Ocean's Cove Jewelry
    Amazon Handmade: Ocean's Cove
    Pinterest: OceansCove

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member

I really like it with the clear spacers! Well done!!!

Default Now that the summer is over look what I have been up to...

]Name:  IMG_3701.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  47.0 KBName:  IMG_3655.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  98.2 KB
    Dear fellow pearl lovers,

After a crazy busy summer over here I finally have time to give you a little update on my growing pearl obessession. I know that looking at your beauties always make me happy so maybe mine will do the same for you:-) Here we go:

The little keshis are knotted ( after each 5th pearl as per your suggestions) and I love these! So wonderful for layering or just by themselves...Name:  IMG_3659.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  112.6 KB The earrings are also from Druzy design, originally they were on simple hooks, I put them on these silver Rio Grande findings and they have become my every party earrings...The pearl on the tiny white gold chain is a gift from Tahiti...small p,imperfect but oh so colorful!

Then there is the wonder of my harvest bracelet:-) The pearls are 8- 12mm, AA+,AAA mix of pearls from Jac, Carolyn of Druzy Design and one circled peacock Aloha pearl. This bracelet will hopefully grow up into a harvest necklace... For now it makes me absolutely happy even though I don't get to wear it here but.. going to Rome at the end of month so it will have a nice premiere there:-)

Still more to come, but as this is beader's thread I also have a beader's question - I really enjoy knotting and I think I am making a little progss with my knots but my ( obvious )problem is the cutting the thread at the beginning and the end...I can't make it nice and almost invisible, quite the contrary.. Is it that I am overusing the glue? I don't have the tiny Beadalon cement glue, just the regular instant glue. Probably that is the main problem...however I think there must be some trick that I just don't know about, if you could help me with this... Thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member

I love all your recent creations!!! I especially like the earrings - must hunt for those findings I've had good luck with a Bead Zapper for cutting the thread and I use a toothpick for tiny glue applications, for what it's worth.

Thank you Cicadalady! I will look at bead zapper.
    This is the link for the earring findings:
    https://www.riogrande.com/product/ea...op-1-pr/612701

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

Here's what I do at the end. I don't knot the last 3 pearls. I go through my gimp and the clasp and back through the last pearl. I snug everything up tight and knot over the thread that is already there. Back through the penultimate pearl, and knot over the thread that is already there. That's my final knot and then I thread the end through the next pearl. I do not knot, but cut it off. So basically, I'm tucking the end into the next pearl. No tails hanging out.

The trick here is to pick 3 pearls with the largest holes as the last three pearls, because I'll be going back through the holes. Since I knot with doubled thread, I'll often go through the last 3 pearls, drop one of the threads, and go back through using a single thread for the last knots. Then I'll cut the hanging thread at the end flush with the end pearl by the clasp. I've never needed a bead zapper or glue. Everything holds perfectly tightly and stays tucked in.

Pearl Enthusiast Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Pearl Dreams's Avatar

I don't use glue.
    I do use a Bead Zap as it melts the end of the thread so it doesn't fray.

I back-knot, making 3 knots between the last 4 pearls, then pass the needle and thread through the 4th pearl from the end and use the bead Zap to trim it without making a final knot, hiding the tail as BWeaves does.