Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SunSeeker View Post
    Beautiful strand, 2thdktr! Welcome to P-G!
    Thank you so much, I'm thrilled to be here!

Quote Originally Posted by Katbran View Post
    Red - thanks for the photo posting information!

2thdktr - lovely strand ! Welcome!
    Thank you kindly for the welcome--I'm excited to be here!

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    Um, the computer version on the phone looks just like it does on your computer, only on the the tiny phone screen. The phone version looks different, and is much simpler with less functionality.

I only know this because last year at the ruckus lilliefuzzysocks was trying to load photos from her cell phone, and we were able to find a switch to change from the cell phone version to the desktop version. After that, she was able to load photos from her cell phone.
    Thank you for that, Red- I do believe I have the computer version on the phone then, cause it looks like a mini version. I have been posting pics in another thread using my computer. Your advice to edit right on the phone helped tremendously once I figured out how to do that. So now I take really good 'table' pics. Just need to get that selfie thing down!

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Purranha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by newberry View Post
    To be honest, seeing Newberry's styling has pushed me over the edge a bit in terms of deciding to take the plunge to get the GSSP harvest strand. And it is no secret that I often copy Newberry's AMAZING tin-cup layerings. I did it again here.

You all know the story of the harvest strand itself already in this thread. So the background story of my new tin-cup is that back in 2015, I split a PP 24K GSSP strand from Red with KaySD and it was a wonderfully smooth experience. In 2016, when PP had another GSSP special, a PSer asked me if I am interested in splitting another 24K strand and I said sure why not! I held onto the half strand playing with different projects but was never happy with the design/concept. And when the GSSP harvest strands opportunity came out, I know this is what the half strand GSSP was destined for!

I ordered chains which only arrived yesterday, and I couldn’t wait to finish the wire-wrapping last night after I got home from work. Voila! I will play with more styling tonight with white baroque akoya strands for layering and such. But only had time to try out these few formations this morning before mad dashing out to the office.

Attachment 55059Attachment 55060Attachment 55061Attachment 55062

Strangely I thought I would want the strand to go against cooler color, but paired it up with this neutral to warm palette and quite liked it.
    Attachment 55063
    Last edited by Purranha; 09-12-2017 at 02:35 PM.

Hmm picture seems to be having issues loading in my prior post. Trying again:
    Name:  IMG_0483-1.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  98.9 KBName:  IMG_0485-1.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  100.6 KBName:  IMG_0487-1.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  103.8 KBName:  IMG_0488-1.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  98.3 KBName:  IMG_0490.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  151.3 KB

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert battah's Avatar

Oh my, those gorgeous goldens <3 Your harvest rope is to die for, Purr, and I'm a huge fan of Newberry's tin cup stylings so I love how you fixed up your half strand! And the lengths are perfect for layering together. Love it!! I love how the 24k GSSPs pick up the darker golds in the harvest strand. perfect.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/LiliasTreasures

Instagram: @LiliasTreasures

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert JerseyPearl's Avatar

Looks fantastic. Is that 14k chain or gold filled? And what size are the links? I've been searching for something like that for a project that's been living in my head forever...probably planted by newberry's tin cup! And the flower elements are a nice touch.
    Etsy shop: OceansCove
    Instagram: OceansCove
    Facebook: Ocean's Cove Jewelry
    Amazon Handmade: Ocean's Cove
    Pinterest: OceansCove

JP the chains are gold-filled! Haha I don't use 14K anything cuz as you know I rework stuff all the time lol. I used the same chain in the Winter Flower Bloom Tin-Cup. The annoying thing is it comes as a chain and not jump rings, so you'd have to cut up links inbetween to get the ovals. But the good thing is you can use 1 or 2 or 3 links or more so give you more options.

I like the flowers when there is NO enhancers and would want more flowers. But when there's enhancers I think I prefer a cleaner look, so have not decided yet on how this tin-cup is going to live... Haha possibly more rework to come! I LOVE that flower connector and use it everywhere including the flower bloom tin-cups. Sometimes I struggle with trying out other flower connectors or chains, but I feel like using some of the same elements ties my pieces together for better layerings and pairings.

Here is the link to the oval chain:
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/2930366...items_search_1

Second-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member

All the combos are stunning. Always great layering,Purr!
    Last edited by Bailey1856; 09-12-2017 at 11:03 PM.

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert CathyKeshi's Avatar

ZING ... that's just golden wonderfulness beyond words, Purranha!!! Did you put any of your split strands into your half of the Harvest strand for length, or only in the tin cup ... just curious ?
    Cathy

CathyKeshi

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Red's Avatar

The new GSSP tin-cup looks glorious. This indeed was its destiny. I especially like the looks with the drops attached. Both the golden drop, and that amazing blue-white.

Aww thank you ladies! Yah I'm really happy with how things turned out!

Cathy - I kept them separate for now, just for purity and tracking's sake. I may decide to mix it up at some point but I'm happy with them staying in their own family at the moment. I also didn't need any additional length for the rope so that worked out perfect!

I kinda had the GSSP spread pretty evenly throughout with more concentration up front. I may shift the pearls even further down as I have 2 pairs hiding behind my neck that no one will see lol.

Red I think I like the tin-cup with the enhancers, too. So I may end up removing the flowers!
    Haha I still remember I named these guys Optimus Prime and Bumble Bee in my Transformer thread!

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert CathyKeshi's Avatar

I've been feeling sorry for the lovely pearls that are hidden at the back of my neck on my Harvest Strand too, Purranha ... we PG people must be the only ones on the planet who feel sorry for our pearls, worry about them getting lonely, lost, forgotten etc. LOL.
    Cathy

CathyKeshi

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member Luvglitz's Avatar

I'm in love with what you have done with your GSS pearls. I have been lusting after the findings you use, so thank you for the link to the chain in the tin cup.