Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

Send them back is my vote. Anything that costs that much and you are trying to like...well it's money better put towards something else.

Platinum is all well and good..but for studs..why spend the money. No one else can see them...get 18kt white gold if you want to spend the money.

PP has a sale on GSS now..have you looked.. ask for a couple of photos in different light.
    Instagram Pearlzaustralia

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member Camelotshadow's Avatar

Maybe I should ask her if she wants to buy the pearls back & I'll keep the settings...LOL
    I have not use for the pearls really...I don;t look good in yellow. I just wanted the settings & was hoping the pearls were nice gold with rose overtones or something pretty not just yellow blobs.

I want tahitians or white south seas...

Well literally pulling my hair out...chemo is working & it comes out with gentle tug.

Arrrghhh have a pail next to me & making a collection...

Staring at all my pearls with a loupe trying to gigure this out.

I should try to convince myself to part with that platinum setting but its been a uphilbattle...

Thanks for the help & gentle persuasion!
    Last edited by Camelotshadow; 06-21-2017 at 07:45 AM.

OOOOOhhhh I checked
    PP again...The allure GSP 9 to 10mm beat this 9.2mm yellow one & they are $548... Too bad I would love that setting in WSSP...

Now that setting & Classic works for me!!!!

I was just hoping if I got a real old pearl that it could be a natural...I guess I should play the lottery but I never win at that either.

WOW...from what I can see the lever back is substantial...have to look into this further!!!!

I can get a truw white south sea & send back a sos so gold & ooooh really do like that old irridecent blue violet pink off rounnd with the ,21 ct old transitional cut diamonds... but lets face it a 9mm to 10 mm wssp with silver would beat that 8.3mm...

I have to get out of the old pearl allure for a bit but only if I can get thick nacre new pearls...

First-graft Pearl Senior Member

My experience has been that PP quality is reliably excellent. And you can always chat with them about the attributes of the particular pearls you're considering. And they may have others in the vault that even better meet your wishes. They'll send you comparison pictures. In your shoes I'd send the eBay pearls back to their sellers and get what will work for you. And PP has a generous return policy.

Will have to check out the pearls & setting. Romantic collection is my fav & they are not far from me.

Tahitian 8 to 9 mm with smamll dia lever is $540....ooooohhh if the quality is there ....

Prefer 9 to 10 mm & they jump to 10 to 11 mm for $740 suppose 9 to 10 is $640?

I think I need to check these out!!!!

Might just snatch a hanging tahitian & wait to get a nice white silver white australian

Gosh its near Santa Monica almost to the beach...like to take a trip to the beach too but not laden with pearls! LOL

On hold...heavy call volume...left msg for a call back as I want to go look at some pearls tomorrow...
    Last edited by Camelotshadow; 06-21-2017 at 10:13 PM.

Hello Camelotshadow,
    I hope you get to enjoy some time at PP showroom. I believe they have a Ruckus next month, in which you will get to not only learn about pearls,be with fellow pearl lovers, but as well get to meet a few vendors (along with Jeremy and Hisano) that may have what you're looking for.
    I'm planning to go to the Ruckus next year .

Also, have you ever checked Pearls of Joy?
    Kevin has some WSS pearl studs that may be to your liking:
    http://www.pearlsofjoy.com/South-Sea...ings_c_55.html

I believe Kevin has a lovely collection as well as Jeremy.
    "The heart of man is very much like the sea, it has its storms, it has its tides and in its depths it has its pearls too."-Vincent Van Gogh

Thanks have to check that out. Want to go this week as next week rnd 2 chemo & may not feel up to it.

I guess in a short while I won;t have my hair to see what color pearls look best/...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Camelotshadow View Post
    Thanks have to check that out. Want to go this week as next week rnd 2 chemo & may not feel up to it.
    I hope your Chemo goes well, I remember my friend and an aunt who needed chemo. When they were going through the treatment, they didn't plan anything for the couple days after.
    "The heart of man is very much like the sea, it has its storms, it has its tides and in its depths it has its pearls too."-Vincent Van Gogh

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

Beat of luck with your treatment , my good friend and my brother both have finished chemo and radiation..it's a damn tough road.
    Instagram Pearlzaustralia

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member

Quote Originally Posted by Camelotshadow View Post

I guess in a short while I won;t have my hair to see what color pearls look best/...LOL
    All the more reason not to get into haggling with eBay vendors. You've got bigger fish to fry right now. hope all goes well.

Thanks everyone. Glad to dispel any thoughts as to it being a natural south sea especially since the setting most ike predates culturing pf south sea pearls. That makes it a bit easier but I'm still hanging tight & hard to detach myself to the setting. I may forever regret sending it back.
    The setting is easy worth $200 so its an extra $190 or so. You can waste $200 so easily & have nothing to show for it, A few wigs...I would have that platinum setting for a lifetime & it I really have this thing for plat & old screw back settings. Only thing not great is its unmarked & I sort of like irid/plat.

Its a good size setting for a 9 or 10mm pearl which is my range as I donlt want much bigger than 19mm on my ears. anyway.

I'm back thinking on the whhite pearl earrings that may be rhodium over yellow gold as I got them first so that decsion is urgent.

II want to take a trip to the PP showroom but no one returned my call. I don;t want to go down there is they are closed to the public or closed?

If I can get a nice tahitian I like for the price of the one of these or bit more it will make my desicion easier as a nice new tahitian in a color I love would make these look old & dated... that is if I think the settings are nice enough...so I need to see.

PP has a good return policy but I'd rather try to see a few earrings & pick the color.one I like the most.

First-graft Pearl Senior Member

My understanding is that you must make an appointment to visit PP. Have you tried their online chat function? I've always had great response that way.

I thought it was best to speak to someone first.
    No did not try the chat. I called yesterday & left a message as the machine said they had high call volume.

Its getting late & I would want to go today or tomorrow latest.

I just check the site under show room & its by appointment only so guess they are probably booked this week.

It says booked up to 2 weeks in advance!

Guess that won;t work for this decision then unless I have them send me a few pairs & get them next week!

Sighs...

Well least I have hopes that PP is a source for quality pearls at a fair price from what I've seen on there site there are a few I like. It would really ne nice to see a few white south sea as I would like silver overtone & looks like the tahtians interest me the most at this point!!!!

Exciting to finally find a pearl source you can trust.

I like the romantic lever backs w a diamond & a 9 to 10mm pearl or maybe 10 to 11 mm not sure what size pearls looks better hanging from the ears. My 10mm tahitians look huge to me so think I want to stay on that range.

They have a 8 to 9mm tahitain for $540 but I think that's a bit small for a drop unless its close to 9mm then its fine but 8 is too small. If I can get 9mm in aubergine/ with slight peacock overtone I'd be happy

I could buy a pair & try to get size & overtone & if not return it in 2 to 3 weeks when i get an apointment
    & find a pair I like better.
    L:ife can be really short & I'm trying to make use of my good time.
    Last edited by Camelotshadow; 06-22-2017 at 07:54 PM.

Pure Pearl has same leverback setting...white pearls on sale but south seas say indonesia, phillipines & Australia while PP says Australia. I like Australia for wss/
    Last edited by Camelotshadow; 06-22-2017 at 11:04 PM.

Well now I did it.

I dropped a earring on the til floor & some "nacre" chipped off. Only it does not look like nacre. I could see what looked like tiny colorful sparkles in the sheared nacre line. I never heard of any nacre with sparkle dust.

I don;t know what to think about them. I was still thinking of returning them but now they are damaged but they don;t look like real pearls from the nacre break. I am trying to take pictures. If they are not pearls then they are not as described or she can deduct pearl value.
    I wanted to keep the platinum settings but they are unmarked. I tested them with acid & they passed but stainless can also pass the test.
    I don't know if I want to chance even keeping the settings if something is fishy with the pearl. Feels like apearl to my tooth but I can't imagine a oyster secreting colorful sparkles. You know those tiny colorful flakes on cards that get all over. I saw some of that in the top layer edge that chipped off. Its not a very deep chip but deep enough. Not sure if it was really a thin layer of nacre or there is more pearl under it but whats up with the shiny particles on the edge of the chip?

I'm not sure what to do now/. Get the pearls evaluated & document if they are some sort of manmade kind. They feel gritty but not as gritty as my akoyas but they are not slppery smooth...?????

I'll try to get better pictures but I'm dead tired from chemo.
    Attached Images Attached Images