Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    First-graft Pearl Senior Member asurazzy's Avatar

Default New necklace 'project'.

Elloooo... I just can not keep my wallet bleeding out to get pearls...so to validate my recent act I just thinking that my latest purchase is a bday gift from me to me! Cause Loreal I'm worth it hahaha!

Anyhow...I got my grubby little hands on this light golden baroque SS pearls in photo 1, white baroque SS pearls in photo 2 and rounds Tahitian pearls in photo 3. There are 43 golden, 37 whites and 20 blacks. I asked the pearls to be reconstructed in alternate of 2 golden+2whites+1black until it runs out. The trial color layout is shown in photo 4 with some of the pearls.

I want a super long necklace that I could wrap around my neck so I asked it to be made into one long tincup strand. So the jewelry person suggested 2.5 metres or 100 inches 22kt gold chain to be use with 2 cm chain space between the pearls. Chain photo is in no.5. He even showed me the trial layout on the floor in photo 6. It run through the middle of the tiles there..a bit hard to see...

It will take a month to complete the necklace and I will post it on here once the necklace done. I hope it will be a wonderful necklace. If its good I might have the matching earrings made.

Anyone else have new pearl project cooking??
    Attached Images Attached Images       

purveyor of pearls Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert pearlescence's Avatar

A month? He's not doing the work then

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert baby nurse's Avatar

These are gorgeous, asurazzy! And I love the chain. I can hardly wait to see your pics of the completed piece

Natural Pearl Lover Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert MSC's Avatar

I like the layout and love the chain! Going to DM you about chain...

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert CathyKeshi's Avatar

I'm with MSC; I so wish we had access to more high karat gold findings here in the US. This has the makings of a gorgeous necklace; can't wait to see it finished, Asurazzy
    Cathy

CathyKeshi

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Sanippy's Avatar

Gorgeous! Looking forward to seeing the finished product!

Pearl Girl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Ashley's Avatar

LOVE IT - I am a huge fan of long necklaces and ropes, and the Tin Cup / Station-Style just makes it so much more versatile!! You'll be able to wear it anywhere and everywhere and it'll out class anything else in the room!

Def got to show us the finished necklace!
    Ashley McNamara, CEO
    Pure Pearls
    Toll Free: 800-762-0977
    LIKE US on FaceBook
    FOLLOW US on Pinterest

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

wow - that's really long !! I can't wait to see what this looks like when it's finished. One suggestion...I'd have him send you a photo once he's done 20 inches so you can be sure that you are happy with the look.... better to be sure before he does the whole 100 !
    Instagram Pearlzaustralia

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert amti's Avatar

How funny he used the floor for a layout but it makes perfect sense! I'm really curious to see your finished necklace too. That 22k gold is so bright and pretty!

Pearlsessence its taking a long time because they produce their own gold chains and settings. They dont buy it from anywhere. Beside...Im patient.

Thanks Babynurse and Sanippy Plan to wear it for my bday in August. MSC and Cathykeshi, even is Aus most jewelleries using 9kt gold and they are soooohhh expensive. In Indonesia most gold jewelleries made from 18 and 22kt gold and it sold by the gr so the price its very resonable.

Ashley, this will be my first long necklace ever so it will be interesting. Been eyeing that thread about 18 ways wearing 100 inches rope necklace.

Katbran I like surprises hahaha! I am as curious as Amti on how the necklace going to be. But the guy having pretty good idea on what I want. Fingers crossed!

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

OOOO, cool. Are the pearls going to be evenly spaced, or sort of randomly spaced?

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Katbran View Post
    wow - that's really long !! I can't wait to see what this looks like when it's finished. One suggestion...I'd have him send you a photo once he's done 20 inches so you can be sure that you are happy with the look.... better to be sure before he does the whole 100 !
    This is an excellant suggestion! And what a fantastic project! Have you thought of adding one or two extra clasp so that you can break it down to multiple sections (for example into 20", 30", 50" sections)?

Hi BWeaves! It will be evenly spaced 2 cms apart.

If adding extra clasp where to positioned it? My plan was just wrap it around my neck haha. Any example?

Btw I went walking home from work n always passing through jewellery stores after stores..then I saw Tahitian pearls sold loose individually..then I ending up buying one. It's not round, many scars, pretty big, good luster. Bought it for 120$. Think to make a ring with it. I hope I didn't pay too much for the pearl..

This is the pearl I got today. Should I mAke it into a ring or a pendant? Sorry..off topic..
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Third-graft Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

I'd turn it into a pendant simply because I'm afraid of knocking it against a hard surface when I wear it as a ring. Looking forward to seeing your finished necklace.