Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

Well ...that IS a rope !! Good grief that’s a lot of pearls ! So do they come apart ??

Love your choices !

I have to ask ..RH ... findings ? What or who is RH ..and how does the finding work ? Thanks for the fabulous photos !

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert JerseyPearl's Avatar

So glad you asked Katbran...was wondering the same.

And I also love your choices! Cees has an amazing eye for color, doesn't he?
    Etsy shop: OceansCove
    Instagram: OceansCove
    Facebook: Ocean's Cove Jewelry
    Amazon Handmade: Ocean's Cove
    Pinterest: OceansCove

Quote Originally Posted by Katbran View Post
    CrazyMissy - if you mean the box with the singles...there are 3 Fiji up in the Right upper quadrant .
    Oh, sorry! I thought the entire box of loose pearls were Fijis! But I did check out that upper right corner, I haven't seen naturally bronzy pearls IRL yet. #noob

Lovely loot you got there, Pareltje! Lucky you! I wish we have some pearl ruckus here in our little red dot, eh?

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member

Pareltje- what a beautiful grouping you have chosen! I would be half tempted to take the chubby kitty with me, too!

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyMissy View Post
    Oh, sorry! I thought the entire box of loose pearls were Fijis! But I did check out that upper right corner, I haven't seen naturally bronzy pearls IRL yet. #noob

Lovely loot you got there, Pareltje! Lucky you! I wish we have some pearl ruckus here in our little red dot, eh?
    Not a Noob at all lol I knew that because ( I'd like to say I just knew by looking at them...) Cees had already sent me the photo a while back and pointed out the three in the upper right. I passed on them as I really was looking for a strand...and I've already got more 'earring pearls' than I can count. Maybe next harvest I'll scoop up a bunch .

JP - No worries ! You and I are 'Finding' fiends!!

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

Quote Originally Posted by EileenK View Post
    Pareljte, now that you have both Tahitians and Fijis, which do you think hold their colours really well in the light? I am in the UK and the light here is often dull and grey. I often find my blue sapphires bleeding here but when I wear it back in Singapore, it has a fantastic cobalt blue. I am thinking the Tahitians are grey and dull in our European light. What are your thoughts?
    Thank you.
    I will try to take pictures when the sun comes out. I'm also curious how they will look in the full sun.

Quote Originally Posted by Katbran View Post
    Well ...that IS a rope !! Good grief that’s a lot of pearls ! So do they come apart ??

Love your choices !

I have to ask ..RH ... findings ? What or who is RH ..and how does the finding work ? Thanks for the fabulous photos !
    Yes, Katbran. They come apart as 5 bracelets and 2 ropes but you can wear them all together is you wish. RH is a jeweler in the Netherlands, she has some gold and silver findings. She doesn't make her own like you do, Katbran, she orders them from a company based on what her clients need.

Thanks Abi, JP, CrazyMissy, jeg for your sweet compliments.

CrazyMissy of course it would be really great if you girls have your own South East Asian ruckus with members from SEA countries, I think that would be really fun. Geographically it's easier too, you don't need to fly far.

JP, yes, Cees has an amazing eye for colors and pity many of the items I love have been taken by others actually.

jeg, I tickled the chubby cat and it seems he didn't like it so he scratched me and walked away, sigh. I really like that cat.

EileenK, my Tahitians lose their colors when European sunlight hit them, they turn into a nondescript grey colored beads. But I assure you there are Tahitian colors which don't fade away in the sun, I usually see copper, bronzy and golden pistachio colored pearls retain their colors well in the sun.
    Here are a few pics of my Fijians in the full sun
    Name:  DSC_0883.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  106.9 KB

Name:  DSC_0885.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  31.8 KB

Name:  DSC_0886.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  82.1 KB

This is how I'm going to wear my coppery brozy Fijians. I can wear them as pendants too because the eye pins are actually pendant bails.

Name:  DSC_0882.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  21.7 KB
    Last edited by Pareltje; 10-03-2017 at 07:42 AM. Reason: Spacing of pics

So beautiful Pareltje!

I like those fat eye rings - do you mind if I ask where they came from ?

Those pearls look wonderful and I love the two singles ! You must be thrilled !!

Katbran, those are bails, Cees helped me get them from RH. I think if you need help to findings from Cees, he will be willing to help you. I usually order my findings from anywhere I fancy but this time I'm not patient enough to wait until my order arrives. So I bought what was readily available.
    I still order a pair of earstuds because they are not in stock.
    Last edited by Pareltje; 10-03-2017 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Additional information

Some extra info, if you find it useful, I also order my gold findings from Cooksongold in the UK because they have 18k findings.

Second-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member Naan's Avatar

Pareltje! Amazing Tahitian pearls! So beautiful and green!