Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lilliefuzzysocks View Post
    This one actually creates skittle pearls. You get a white one and she uses a Sharpie permanent marker to color the pearl and sets into a pendant.... https://www.facebook.com/PearlyKings...95138331898586

Juliebeth. The women from the UK who started the NSPPP page are really great ladies. They have taken quite a bit of flack for going after John and Hannah, but have been able to recover quite a bit of money for those where taken or received no jewelry. Apparently the CC laws are different in the UK than they are here in America. Paypal has been the savior for most of the victims.
    I watched up until I watched her finish coloring a white pearl with her bright pink sharpie....wow.
    "The heart of man is very much like the sea, it has its storms, it has its tides and in its depths it has its pearls too."-Vincent Van Gogh

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert JerseyPearl's Avatar

Just wow...they claim "not to rip you off" as part of their branding...just wow.
    Etsy shop: OceansCove
    Instagram: OceansCove
    Facebook: Ocean's Cove Jewelry
    Amazon Handmade: Ocean's Cove

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member

Is this for real??? I feel sick to my stomach. Everything about this video is wrong.

purveyor of pearls Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert pearlescence's Avatar

I'm going to see if my technical person can pull the footage from the BBC to post somewhere so you can see it. It featured one buyer who had had problems and one pearl opening company called perf ectly prec ious pearls lid (limited company, two directors formed six months ago) who have a facebook page with nearly 70k followers! (must be some sort of techno jiggery-pokery to get that many?) (I typed it oddly so that google might not spot it)

Yes, our consumer law is much stricter - it is unlawful to make a false trade description of goods (ie claim akoya), plus having looked on their facebook and website I think they are breaking all sorts of EU distance selling regulations about having to state a snail address. In fact I can't see how they actually sell
    The fb page is hilarious if you plough through the comments to see a business unravelling by the minute though. Although there are still some who argue in defence - just like trump and may have their supporters even now

Quote Originally Posted by jshepherd View Post
    The BBC put something out too. You can't access it from their website outside of the UK, but there is this "hard to watch" snippet I think was filmed with a camera phone.

https://www.facebook.com/75885294094...type=3&theater

[QUOTE=lilliefuzzysocks;183235]This one actually creates skittle pearls. You get a white one and she uses a Sharpie permanent marker to color the pearl and sets into a pendant.... https://www.facebook.com/PearlyKings...95138331898586

Oh dear, another UK page. And even with just a quick look, so many laws broken!

Tonight PPP who were covered by the bbc thanks to a lovely bunch of of us has gone live tonight popping open her oysters ' i prayed to the gods for twins' she says opening 3 oysters with twins.... umm no you ordered them in !
    pearl parties are so dishonest.

Third-graft Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert amti's Avatar

I'm watching this video and it is boring... am I missing something? Who's got time to watch someone do nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by Emmabroketheukpearlparty View Post
    Tonight PPP who were covered by the bbc thanks to a lovely bunch of of us has gone live tonight popping open her oysters ' i prayed to the gods for twins' she says opening 3 oysters with twins.... umm no you ordered them in !
    pearl parties are so dishonest.
    Good job! I like your user name.

Found another UK one. She was showing off her ankle tag (means she's on curfew/restricted probation for some criminal conviction) and steadily gets sloshed as the 'party' progresses. Yet the customers still pay ú15 for each shell. A pair for earrings. one 6.5 and the other 7, two different colours. Yes, they would be earrings. ú30 just for the two pearls. no idea what she charges for making up or findings

Some people just want to be conned. The pearl party operation featured by the BBC lost it's paypal account weeks ago and diverts payment to their uncles and such like and still they throw money at them
    Pearl parties certainly prove Barnum.There really is one born every minute!

Quote Originally Posted by pearlescence View Post
    Some people just want to be conned. The pearl party operation featured by the BBC lost it's paypal account weeks ago and diverts payment to their uncles and such like and still they throw money at them
    Pearl parties certainly prove Barnum.There really is one born every minute!
    Wow, just wow.

Pearl Scholar Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert pattye's Avatar

Wow, that's really sad. Peeps get addicted to the dopamine hit.
    Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member Naan's Avatar

Thank you Jeremy!

I think that psychologically they have a lot invested. They've spent time, posted, spent money, got pearls. If the whole thing is a scam then they have to admit to themselves and the world that they were chumps who got conned. People these days don't admit they've been fooled or were wrong or don't know something.
    Tht's why some of us stand looking at whatever it is from pearl parties to presidents or prime minsters etc with our jaws dropping but still they get away with it

That's exactly what I was thinking, Pattye, sounds like these folks get hooked just like gamblers do.