Thread: Latisse! ?

Default Latisse! ?

Quote Originally Posted by Katbran View Post
    Is that due to a change in the pressure in the eye? My sister used that and it worked amazingly well...but then she was told that you need to be careful as it can cause problems if you have the beginnings of glaucoma ... I have no idea if this is true or not but she did stop using it as that is a problem in our family.

Sea Urchin...how did the eyebrow colour work? Are you happy with it? My 'tails' have been disappearing and I know that can be a symptom of low Thyroid ( hence the thyroid medication Im now on ) but it would be nice to have better eyebrows!
    I noticed this posting. I am an Optometrist and prescribe Latisse from time to time. Here's a couple of facts.
    1) It doesn't cause problems with beginnings of glaucoma. I suppose that it could lower eye pressure, making someone who has glaucoma a little more confusing to figure out. But it's my job to figure out confounding signs and symptoms.

This formulation came from a drug that is used to treat glaucoma. One of the side effects is very long lashes.

2) It can cause skin irritation and discoloration, so it is only applied to the top lid. ( Who wants darkened skin under the the eyelid ) And yes, it can change eye color, blue to brown. I have had only 1 patient with this problem and it hasn't changed to brown, just not quite as blue as previously.

3) It stops working, when you stop using it, so your lashes will revert back to their natural state.

Basically it is safe, insurance doesn't cover it and it adds one more step to your evening toilette, which is why I don't bother with it.

I didn't want to continue to high-jack the previous thread, but couldn't resist commenting, because if you want to use it, talk to your optometrist. It can be very safe if used correctly.

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

Thank you for confirming everything I had been told about it. I use it and I have not experienced any bad side effects, only good ones. I don't find that it takes more than a couple seconds to apply it. My acne medicine takes more time to apply to my whole face.

That's great BWeaves.

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert JerseyPearl's Avatar

katkashmir, thanks so much for that very useful information!
    Etsy shop: OceansCove
    Instagram: OceansCove
    Facebook: Ocean's Cove Jewelry
    Amazon Handmade: Ocean's Cove
    Pinterest: OceansCove

Pearl Scholar Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert pattye's Avatar

Katkashmir, thank you for catching that post and commenting.

For at least 5 years I have used latanoprost, eye drops to reduce eye pressure related to the onset of glaucoma, which so far has prevented damage. It has made my eyelashes longer, though I wouldn't say very long, and perhaps darkened my murky hazel eyes somewhat. I do use a moisturizer undereye to reduce irritation from the drops, which seems to help.
    Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

katkashmir, thank you for posting clarification to the questions.