Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BlackPearlDudeDC's Avatar

I suspect you've never read my profile on here

Quote Originally Posted by ericw View Post
    BPDDC, there are many ways
    to cook something, you have chosen the barbecue A direct flame is usually too hot to heat amethysts (but to turn their colours can request 750C). The most danger to heat a stone on a direct flame is to break it. Now, each amethyst turns in a different colour, often amber or madeira, scarcely yellow as a gorgeous citrine, sometimes they loose any colours, sometimes they turn in dust green... It's a game of chance.

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member ericw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPearlDudeDC View Post
    I suspect you've never read my profile on here
    Wow! Ididn't... Well, you are the professionnal, I am just an amateur, but it seems that we share a same passion

You are far from being an amateur. I would never do what you do because I'm impatient and moreover I could never do with you do because I lack that artistic talent and creative eye. I remain inspired by your work it is truly art, and work like yours is what makes me passionate about the jewelry world.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPearlDudeDC View Post
    You are far from being an amateur. I would never do what you do because I'm impatient and moreover I could never do with you do because I lack that artistic talent and creative eye. I remain inspired by your work it is truly art, and work like yours is what makes me passionate about the jewelry world.
    I am very moved by your comment, BPDDC.
    You know, as the ears must lesson to allow mouths to speak, there are eyes to see artworks. You and your taste are essential for us, creators. You are truly a part of art yourself
    Talking about stones, I suspect you have spent, like me, your childhood the nose sticked on the floor, expecting to discover well looking pieces.
    And this passion, for nice thinks, has followed us...
    Did you imagine: older, I have even launched an expedition to prospect pegmatite veins in deep rainforest mountains, that to find aquamarines, one full month spent in the wild, with hammer, showel, pick, and a blue flame in the heart...
    When I walk, it's to look for nature's jewels, and when I sit down, it's to write in my artwork what I have seen, what I have felt.
    But, at last, all of that would be unfinished without to share this way, with Persons like you.
    Last edited by ericw; 02-13-2018 at 04:05 PM.

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert CathyKeshi's Avatar

LOVE your comments BlackPearlDudeDC and ericw
    Cathy

CathyKeshi

Quote Originally Posted by CathyKeshi View Post
    LOVE your comments BlackPearlDudeDC and ericw
    Cathy

You are very welcome. You are also very correct this has a been a life long obsession on my part. Over the years I've been lucky to meet many Jewelry designers, collectors of important jewels, carved gems and jewelry hobbyist alike, the one thing we all had in common was a passion for the artistry of the pieces. I used to collect minerals and go rock hounding as a very young guy, I can't think of a time when I wasn't interested in one way or another, now as an adult I am quite distracted by shiny sparkly things, it is quite a problem LOL.

I am quite envious you've been able to have some of the adventures you've had. I have a bucket list of things I want to do from opals in Australia to rubies in Greenland, all just fantasy but its nice to think about.

I am very moved by your comment, BPDDC.
    You know, as the ears must lesson to allow mouths to speak, there are eyes to see artworks. You and your taste are essential for us, creators. You are truly a part of art yourself
    Talking about stones, I suspect you have spent, like me, your childhood the nose sticked on the floor, expecting to discover well looking pieces.
    And this passion, for nice thinks, has followed us...
    Did you imagine: older, I have even launched an expedition to prospect pegmatite veins in deep rainforest mountains, that to find aquamarines, one full month spent in the wild, with hammer, showel, pick, and a blue flame in the heart...
    When I walk, it's to look for nature's jewels, and when I sit down, it's to write in my artwork what I have seen, what I have felt.
    But, at last, all of that would be unfinished without to share this way, with Persons like you.

I'd blush CK but you'd not see it anyway so I will send you a virtual smile and wink instead

Cathy

BPDDC, it becomes difficult to go to look for gems by oneself. Too many economical interests, moreover too much cupidity, have wiped out the simple idea to be truly a sincere lover, to try to find gems, and that anywhere. Now, there are always guns around the deposits, of the police, army, traffickers, but anyway guns and violence. I am not so much old, but I remember when I was young, the reports I saw about ama, womans who sailed octopus, seaweeds but also oysters to find natural pearls, in Japan... a moving beauty... And what about the stories of pearls sailers in the Red Sea, this kind of romantiscim of these last great adventures toward any magical sparks of light? But this present time is so much far from the spirit of these epic challenges! Instead, everything shining must be, first, a money value, before any other feelings, which disappear, at last.
    Even in jewelry, there are two worlds: the creator's one, and the second, of big expensive gems: they meet rarely. Yet how wonderful have been Art Nouveau jewels, when jewellers didn't hesitate to mix diamond with horn, natural pearls with glass of enamels? These pieces have put their stamps on jewelry and art story as few thing did.
    Well, now I am living not far from a beach where pretty pebbles are provided by the sea, and that's enough for me.
    Last edited by ericw; 02-15-2018 at 11:09 AM.