Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

The only time I've ever gotten a box that was not leatherette and "cheap" was when I bought a diamond pendant on chain which cost approx. $1,500 on Blue Nile. The box that I got was about palm sized and hefty and sturdy. I don't keep boxes (I also throw them out) but I kept that particular one.

Lovely choice in gift, your girlfriend will be very happy!

Pearl Journalist Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert GemGeek's Avatar

Interesting story. When worn, no one would notice what you are seeing, but you would know and it would bother you, so it's good that you sent it back. We will be waiting anxiously for a photo.

The certificate may have changed. Did you ask them about it? I have been in the office and seen packages come back from Japan Pearl Science Lab. Pearl Paradise would never cheat, but there are others who do.
    GemGeek
    The World Is My Oyster!

Super Moderator Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert jshepherd's Avatar

There should not be a visible blemish on the front of a pair of hanadama earrings. It wouldn't have passed our inspection. If there is, that is a mistake so please contact us for a return label and replacement.

I am sorry you don't like the box. I would like to point out, however, that our boxes are much nicer and more expensive than Tiffany and Co. Tiffany boxes are cotton-filled paper. Our supplier sells them for 38 cents per box. Our boxes cost more than 10 times the Tiffany box.

This is the box and pouch that Tiffany sells their pearls with.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Dear Jeremy, thanks for your message.

First of all I want to say your staff was very professional and pleasant to deal with and promptly sent another pair; which is also very beautiful! (original studs were 7.9mm / 4.5 nacre and replacement ones are 7.8mm / 4 nacre).

About the box, I know these are pretty standard, but as another of the forum members suggested maybe retailers could offer a 'premium box' option' - In my opinion, to give a beautiful pair of pearls with this box as gift somehow decreases the beauty as a whole. - I even had to take the little made in China golden sticker from it.

I hope you take this as constructive criticism, and I would definitely buy from you again. She is extremely happy with and they are indeed very nice pearls.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Here is a photo of my girlfriend last night wearing the earrings! We had a great dinner and it was a nice surprise. Thank you all for your help and sharing your knowledge.

Have a great day!Name:  mayuko.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  151.5 KB

I do, thank you, and it is something we've done in the past. We typically put our more expensive pieces in rosewood jewelry boxes. The problem we've encountered with those boxes, however, is that the tabs tend to disintegrate from moisture after a very short amount of time. Because of this, we removed the box from our website as a purchase option. We are looking for a new solution now though.

Yes, I know about the "Made in China" sticker. It's something people have commented on in the past. This is, unfortunately, something we cannot get around legally. While many companies do indeed remove those stickers, it's required under US law that we leave those stickers on. Believe it or not, legally the only person who can remove that sticker is the recipient of the gift.

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/det...d-into-the-u.s.

It's just not worth it for us to take the chance because we ship so many of those boxes all around the United States, and being an pearl importer, direct-to-consumer online retailer, we have a target painted on us.

Quote Originally Posted by austrasia View Post
    Here is a photo of my girlfriend last night wearing the earrings! We had a great dinner and it was a nice surprise. Thank you all for your help and sharing your knowledge.

Have a great day!Name:  mayuko.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  151.5 KB
    She is very beautiful. Isn't she a model in Japan? My wife is also from Japan.

Pearl Journalist Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert GemGeek's Avatar

Very beautiful.
    GemGeek
    The World Is My Oyster!

Quote Originally Posted by jshepherd View Post
    She is very beautiful. Isn't she a model in Japan? My wife is also from Japan.
    Thank you very much, Jeremy! Indeed, she is a model and works mostly in Japan.

I assumed that about the made in China sticker... its unfortunate, but I understand you have to comply with the regulations.

Hope to deal with you again soon.

Best,

Miguel

Pearl Enthusiast Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Pearl Dreams's Avatar

austrasia, your girlfriend is beautiful and the earrings look perfect on her!

Just another comment on the boxes: they are actually very sturdy. I store my PP pearl earrings in the boxes they came in, and despite lots of opening and closing over the years, the spring has never failed and nothing has come unglued.

OTOH last year I bought some pearl earrings from an etsy vendor and the leatherette box they were shipped in broke within a month.

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert JerseyPearl's Avatar

Those earrings look lovely on your girlfriend! They are a perfect size. So glad this all worked out well.
    Etsy shop: OceansCove
    Instagram: OceansCove
    Facebook: Ocean's Cove Jewelry
    Amazon Handmade: Ocean's Cove

Second-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member

austrasia, your girlfriend looks lovely in her new earrings!

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

Such a stunning woman ! The earring are a perfect size and look marvellous..they just glow !
    Instagram Pearlzaustralia

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert CathyKeshi's Avatar

Austrasia, your girlfriend looks beautiful, and especially in her new earrings! You did such a great job, seeking education to make a knowledgeable pearl purchase; she will be able to wear these for a lifetime.

This is EXACTLY why we trust our vendors such as Pearl Paradise. Every company, every single human being, makes mistakes. No one is perfect, and anyone claiming perfection is highly suspect. It's what that company and that person does when a mistake happens that builds trust. My congratulations to everyone involved on such a happy resolution to this purchase.
    Cathy

CathyKeshi