Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Ode à ma Mère

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

Love love love the photos of your dear mum wearing her pearls ! She looks so happy ! They do look like they were a bear to deal with though - those drill holes...ouch! I'm surprised they didn't saw through the thread with those edges! Better drills nowadays ! I love your photos..the lapis necklaces are gorgeous! ( i'm a sucker for Lapis)

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Sanippy's Avatar

I'm loving this thread! The akoyas are gorgeous.

Second-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member kalmen22's Avatar

I'm really enjoying this thread. I know I said it before but thanks again for sharing.

My new favorite combo. Mom's pearl circle pin, Mom's 6-6.5 mm akoya choker (which I'm going to call my birthday choker from now on), and my own ruby hearts with pearl drops, which Mom bought me as a gift for either birthday or Chanukah years ago.

Name:  IMG_2394.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  156.6 KB

The little pearls are so light to wear. No weight at all on the neck or ears.

It turns out that I now have 3 pearl chokers, all the exact same length (16"), so they don't stack well when worn together. The birthday choker (6-6.5 mm), Mom's 9 mm choker, and my 7-7.5 mm choker I bought myself (well, Mom took me to the jewelry show and introduced me to her pearl lady).

I have extra pearls for my choker, and I've lengthened it to 17" and 18" in the past. So, I think I'll restring my choker to 17". I also have my Aunt Love's 6-6.5 mm 18" strand of Blue Lagoon pearls which stacks nicely with the birthday choker. I think if I redo my choker I can get a triple strand look out of these. Updates to come. I also want to restring the birthday choker because I don't like the way the pearls are attached to the clasp with that little bead hooky thingy that hides the knot but always turns green.

I also tried layering the two lapis necklaces and the one with the big lapis beads just overpowers the Rice Krispie one. I'll post pics later.

Something new for today. Pearl ring with beautiful akoyas and tiny diamonds. It's very comfortable to wear.

Name:  IMG_2344.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  83.6 KB

I'm not sure I ever saw Mom wear it. It is very much a special occasion ring. Not practical for everyday wear. Mom worked retail in a western store. It's one of those rings she'd take out, try on, and put back in the jewelry box. I plan on wearing it to work. I'm a computer programmer. It won't get wear and tear in my job.

Name:  IMG_2350.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  74.6 KB
    Last edited by BWeaves; 03-08-2017 at 02:08 PM.

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert baby nurse's Avatar

I'm loving this look: your birthday choker, circle pin and ruby hearts with drops. Such delicate pearls and so beautiful together! I'd wear this in a heartbeat!

As an aside, I have that same sweater. I had it in blue too but think I returned it, silly me.

Can't see the most recent attachments yet...

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member Pearly-Whites's Avatar

How pretty! I love the idea of making the pearls different lengths to nestle together. I look forward to seeing them.

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

Very nice look today, BWeaves. The summery colors of your sweater are a nice compliment to your skin tones. And the bright white of your birthday strand really polish your look. well done!

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert CathyKeshi's Avatar

You look glowing and lovely today, BWeaves. I always loved those earrings
    Cathy

CathyKeshi

BWeaves, I am really enjoying seeing your Mom's pearls. Thank you for sharing.

I love the "rice krispie" pearls with the dragon clasp and the circle pin!

I'm having problems with the attachments these last couple of weeks. I suspect it's the same problem with signing on. I've redone the attachments. Hopefully, they show up now.

I have this Boden sweater in both the blue/green and peach/pink combinations. It's a great Spring sweater.

Freshwater pearl bracelet. Mom had the diamond spacers added to it. They're not the greatest spacers, but they do the job.

Name:  IMG_2346.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  96.9 KB

My sister got the bigger bracelet. Two strands of gorgeous 7 mm akoyas with big circular diamond spacers. It's a long bracelet from when Mom was very heavy and had bigger wrists. My sister said it fit her better. It also had a tricky clasp. I don't have a photo of it. To be honest, I like the bracelet I got better. It reminds me of the tiny freshwater bracelet on the little h website.

Natural Pearl Lover Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert MSC's Avatar

Oh love love love these looks, BWeaves. I think the spacers on your bracelet are gorgeous, but I happen to really like that look.

Well, that photo makes the bracelet look more than double life size. It's actually quite petite.

Second-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member Naan's Avatar

BWeaves! Beautiful story! I'm undrestand this two years of an eweryday affraid and hope! Hugs! And of course Amazing pearls!