Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Ode à ma Mère

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

Yes. Karen Brown Jewelry. She used to live near me, but has since moved to California. She had a similar pendant on her website and she found me an interesting amethyst and made a similar pendant. Her specialty is interesting chains with interchangeable pendants, amazing rings, and really cool earring jackets. She's the one who has remade my engagement ring a couple of times. A different jeweler is remaking my mother's ring for me. The two jewelers have very different styles.

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert JerseyPearl's Avatar

Ok, so I had to look up her website (bet she sees a ton more hits today!) For those of us on the east coast, mid-Atlantic, she is going to be at Sugarloaf craft festival in Montgomery Co. Md on April 21-23
    Etsy shop: OceansCove
    Instagram: OceansCove
    Facebook: Ocean's Cove Jewelry
    Amazon Handmade: Ocean's Cove

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

I just had a look ...I like her work . Really interesting pieces !

This is Karen Brown's website: http://www.karenbrownjewelry.com

And this is the jeweler remaking my Mom's ring. http://www.okidanokh.com She also made The Swan and The Hamantaschen and my moonstone ring. And she carries the knitted gold chokers.

Now, onto today's goodies.

Bracelets. Sister got the diamond tennis bracelet. I got the other diamond bracelet with 4 rows of tiny hearts. Mom had bought both of us tennis bracelets years ago with CZs set in 14K gold, and frankly they look as good as Mom's diamond tennis bracelet.

The other bracelet is multicolors of sapphires. I think this will be a summer bracelet. It's light and pastel. Mom had summer jewelry and winter jewelry and I tend to be the same. Certain pieces just scream hot weather or cold weather.

In Sun:

Name:  IMG_2496.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  113.7 KB

In Shade:

Name:  IMG_2498.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  123.4 KB
    Last edited by BWeaves; 03-14-2017 at 10:05 PM.

The story of the 3 Bears.

Goldilocks Mom wanted to make sure that each sister got diamond stud earrings. Big sister (me), middle sister (sister), and little sister (sister-in-law).

Papa Bear: 3 carat total weight round diamond studs. Slightly yellow.
    Mama Bear: 1.5 carat total weight round diamond studs. Whiter and clearer than the big pair. Diamond earring jackets, too.
    Baby Bear: Pave' diamond studs. Oval shape. Sits flat to the ear.

Sister wanted the big studs. Fine with me.
    That left me with a choice of the smaller solid diamonds or the pave' studs. I'm pretty sure Mom wanted me to have the solid diamonds and my sister-in-law the pave' studs, but I always like the pave' earrings better. I think because they sat flat against the ear. So I offered my brother the Mama Bear earrings and the earring jackets and he said, "Are you sure?" And I said, "Yes, very sure. I know you wife will love them."

I know sister-in-law was surprised and thrilled and very touched that Mom though of her so highly.
    I'm thrilled, too. I got the pair I really wanted.

These earrings are really hard to photograph. They have incredible sparkle, and they "read" as one large stone unless you get very close. I'm trying to photograph them so you can see the separate stones.

Name:  IMG_2507.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  114.2 KB

Can you see the setting? The prongs are fake outs. All 7 stones are invisibly set. 4 marquis diamonds around the outside and 3 square diamonds in the middle.

Name:  IMG_2512.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  83.5 KB

Side view looks like a regular single stone setting, BUT . . . The top band that goes around under the diamonds has a ledge that fits in a groove that is cut under the girdle of the diamonds and holds them in place. It's invisible from the outside of the earring.

Name:  IMG_2518.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  68.1 KB
    Last edited by BWeaves; 03-14-2017 at 10:54 PM.

Mom had a beautiful opal ring. And then she dropped it and the opal broke. It was her favorite ring. She was heartbroken.

Her jeweler looked and looked and finally found an opal that would fit the ring. It's not as pretty as the original opal, and it has a black spot on the left side (which you'd never notice unless I pointed it out). But the ring looks gorgeous again.

Name:  IMG_2516.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  76.9 KB

Unfortunately, the ring cannot be resized, so I have to wear it as a pinky ring. I need to be very careful as I tend to smash my hands into things when I go around corners.

Natural Pearl Lover Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert MSC's Avatar

Squeeee more goodies! My mom would love all the amethyst and I love the two bracelets on this page, spectacular!

Second-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member kalmen22's Avatar

Loving almost your pieces. That pave earring is a favourite of mine. I have a similar one for a drop and I love how they look like 1 diamond.
    And that Karen brown piece is great. Loving Karen brown's work

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Marianne's Avatar

The sapphire bracelet and opal ring are my favorites, but golly, they are all beautiful!!!

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

Everything is beautiful ! I love the flat earrings ! And that Sapphire bracelet is so very pretty ! Well all of it is...just so special! I love the Opal ring..but darn they are fragile.

I hope I'm not nauseating anyone with my feel-good stories, but it's all true. I seriously lucked into the best family, ever. Even my in-laws are delightful.

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member Pearly-Whites's Avatar

Gorgeous collection BW! Such glamorous jewelry of a bygone time full of so many memories! You definitely need that new jewelry box!! I am still in love with the sapphire!

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert JerseyPearl's Avatar

Beautiful treasures.
    Etsy shop: OceansCove
    Instagram: OceansCove
    Facebook: Ocean's Cove Jewelry
    Amazon Handmade: Ocean's Cove

Natural Pearl Lover Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert MSC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    I hope I'm not nauseating anyone with my feel-good stories, but it's all true. I seriously lucked into the best family, ever. Even my in-laws are delightful.
    The stories are the best part...

Third-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member

Love all your pieces, BWeaves. But my favorite is the multicolor sapphire bracelet.