Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert JerseyPearl's Avatar

Oh newberry, I am so glad you had this checked out! And thank you for your reminder about symptoms that women can have during a heart attack. Sending you hugs and support.
    Etsy shop: OceansCove
    Instagram: OceansCove
    Facebook:Ocean's Cove Jewelry

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Sea Urchin's Avatar

Hugs, Newberry. I think you definitely deserve some new pearls over this one!

Second-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member

Dear Newberry, I'm so happy to hear you became aware when you did, and thank you for bringing awareness to us all. Many hugs on your way to the best of health...xo

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

Oh Newberry. Please take care of yourself. Women do not experience the same symptoms that men do, and doctors are not always up on women's symptoms.

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert newberry's Avatar

Thank you all for the good wished and concern. I truly appreciate it! What I find the most scary of all of this is I had a heart attack and did not even know that is what it was. I probably went ouch, got up off the couch and went and cleaned the kitchen or bathroom and didn't even give the "ouch" another thought. When you get to be my age we have a few aches and pains don't even think twice about doing anything but taking a aspirin or Motrin. Being women we go about our life doing our jobs and attending to our families and not really paying attention to our own health. I just wanted by writing about this to to remind everyone here that women's symptoms of a heart attack can be very different than the ones we hear about for men. Not feeling like yourself and just not feeling on top of your game can actually mean something serious to us and our health.

Much love and hugs back at you all

Second-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member

newberry, thank you for sharing this and so glad you're ok. It's a good reminder to listen to the signals your body sends you. My Dad had a similar occurrence to the one Katbran described. He has just finished a 5k with his running club and felt "extra tired". So he called his doc and the next day he was in the hospital prepping for quadruple bypass surgery. He had multiple blockages too, but that attentiveness saved his life. newberry, take good care of yourself!

Dear newberry, thank you for sharing this! My boss had same a few years ago.. came for the cardiologist check up and was told he had a heart attack a few weeks ago (somehow they could tell approximate time?..). Good news that he never had any other troubles since then (he is under regular check-ups now) - so hopefully it's just "one" episode that doesn't have to repeat...I hope doctors will do all the necessary tests and answer at least some of your questions.. thanks again for sharing! hugs from Spain!

Quote Originally Posted by newberry View Post
    Thank you all for the good wished and concern. I truly appreciate it! What I find the most scary of all of this is I had a heart attack and did not even know that is what it was. I probably went ouch, got up off the couch and went and cleaned the kitchen or bathroom and didn't even give the "ouch" another thought.
    See what a strong woman you are?
    Seriously, I had an OMG reaction when I started reading this topic. I'm very happy that you are okay, and under care. I think perhaps your doctor gets a gold star, as well. Please take care of yourself.

Consumer Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert kelluvpearls's Avatar

Take care Newberry, hopefully it was won't reoccur again!

Second-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member amti's Avatar

That's so scary and you're very lucky Newberry! And what you wrote is so true... we have so many new aches and learn to brush them off unless they are extremely painful. I guess we need to listen more to our bodies than ignore the pain. Thank you for the reminder and hoping you, and everyone here, stays healthy!

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member KaySD's Avatar

Big hugs, Newberry. I hope the tests next week show minimal damage. Thanks for the reminder to pay attention to our own health. We get so busy taking care of others that we tend to ignore pains and discomfort that doesn't seem "serious."

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Purranha's Avatar

Oh my goodness Newberry! Thank you for sharing and I'm so relieved to know that you are doing ok!!! Please continue to keep us posted on how you are feeling! Big hugs!!!

Third-graft Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BlackPearlDudeDC's Avatar

I am very sorry to hear this news, I am glad you are okay though. Hopefully you did not suffer major damage? It is really important that women recognize some of the differences in symptoms for heart attacks. You've created awareness for others and that is truly important, thank you! Stay strong and sending my best wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by newberry View Post
    Thank you all for the good wished and concern. I truly appreciate it! What I find the most scary of all of this is I had a heart attack and did not even know that is what it was. I probably went ouch, got up off the couch and went and cleaned the kitchen or bathroom and didn't even give the "ouch" another thought. When you get to be my age we have a few aches and pains don't even think twice about doing anything but taking a aspirin or Motrin. Being women we go about our life doing our jobs and attending to our families and not really paying attention to our own health. I just wanted by writing about this to to remind everyone here that women's symptoms of a heart attack can be very different than the ones we hear about for men. Not feeling like yourself and just not feeling on top of your game can actually mean something serious to us and our health.

Much love and hugs back at you all

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member trulyviolet's Avatar

i'm so glad you were alerted to this, even after the fact.
    women tend to have 'silent' heart attacks....
    and even if they go to the hospital sometimes, doctors don't believe them!

i hope this is your one and only heart attack.....

Second-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member Lady_Disdain's Avatar

Oh, take care, Newberry! I am glad you are ok

And here is a recent article on this exact subject: https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.71b52a165123