Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert newberry's Avatar

Default I did not get an elephant

Funny thing happened to me last week. I had jaw pain took a Motrin and felt better. Went to a regularly scheduled doctors appointment the next morning. Told her about my pain she checked out my ear to see if it was an earache. Nope looked good so she suggested and ecg. Had that done and BOOM it showed a heart attack but not when it happened. You could have knocked me over with a feather. I did promise that if I started to feel in anyway bad I would go to the emergency room. I then went over to the dentists office to see if it was tooth abscess and nope after x-rays my teeth were just fine but a crown that she had done a couple of months ago needed adjusting. After that was done jaw pain went away. Today I went to the cardiologist and by looking at the ecg results he said yep I have had a heart attack. Next week I go back for an echo and treadmill test to see about the damage done. I must say I feel good. Have no idea when it happened. I just went up 5 flight of stairs the week before with no problem except my knees said ouch and don't do that again to soon but no shortness of breath or any distress. I had a stress test last January and at that time I had not had any issues. No clue when I had it but I did.

So ladies....... pay attention to feeling off and not just not quite right. Female symptoms of a heart attack are not always the elephant on the chest. I did not have the elephant. No clammy skin or shortness of breath at anytime. Jaw pain, shoulder pain or tiredness can be signs of a female heart attack. Get checked out and be safe

Third-graft Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Red's Avatar

Wow. I hope the tests show minimal damage, and you are well. Good luck and thanks for sharing.

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert baby nurse's Avatar

My thoughts exactly. Wishing you the best luck possible and thank you for sharing, newberry! It's important for everyone to be aware of the signs of heart attack.

Pearl Enthusiast Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Pearl Dreams's Avatar

Goodness, newberry! I'm glad you're okay and will be following up on it.

Natural Pearl Sciences Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Lagoon Island Pearls's Avatar

Hence the value of early detection. I've often said, those with afflictions are often healthier than those without. Knowing one's limitations often leads to wholesome diets, increases in managed exercise programs and reduction of needless drug/alcohol/salt/fat/sugar intake.

Please, do take care.

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Marianne's Avatar

Yikes, Newberry! So glad you are going to do a follow up! Thank goodness you do live a healthy lifestyle!

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert CathyKeshi's Avatar

Wow, this is so distressing! I am greatly relieved they've quickly identified the problem, and hope for good results for your tests. Prayers and hugs.
    Cathy

CathyKeshi

Pearl Scholar Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert pattye's Avatar

Oh dear, so sorry to hear about this, but glad it was recognized for what it was. Thanks for the update about the symptoms. I'd sort of forgotten. Thinking of you ~
    Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

I'm so sorry to hear this but so glad you posted about the symptoms. My best friend is a GP married to a Cardiologist and they keep us all well versed in the symptoms to watch for..in fact they saved my husbands life when they heard him mention that his normal running route was getting harder to maintain. Each week it seemed like he was having to cut a block out of his run. They bullied him into getting a stress test..and within days he was getting a Quintuple by pass. He was like 80%+ blocked in a main artery as well as all the rest of them...would have just dropped dead. (which his uber fit brother did just after his regular run with his mates..at 61)

As Newberry said .. be aware of how you are feeling and any changes. Women's heart attacks sneak up on them. Now that this is on your radar you will be fine as it will be monitored ..but I'm sure it was such a shock! Sending a hug!

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Sanippy's Avatar

Oh newberry I'm glad you are okay and are getting it checked out. Please take care and look after yourself.

Third-graft Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

Thanks newberry for the info. I'm glad you're okay. Please do take care of yourself. Hug hug.

Second-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member perlas's Avatar

Thank you for creating awareness newberry and do take care.
    ______Perlas
    o-o-o E Unio Plurum o-o-o

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member moneymeister's Avatar

Thanks for sharing your experience. I am glad you are feeling okay. That is a frightening discovery.

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member

Oh Newberry, I'm glad to hear you are okay in spite of having had a heart attack. Although I'm sure it was frightening to discover, at least now you are aware of the symptoms and your doctors can do something about it.

Pearl Journalist Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert GemGeek's Avatar

How scary! Hugs for you. Your kids will probably be watching you with a weather eye for trouble. You are loved. ♡
    GemGeek
    The World Is My Oyster!