Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

Thank you all for your lovely comments ! They are really pretty pearls and as one would suspect , a complete and total pain to knot ! Lol
    Pearly White - thanks , I love this simple look and the little pearls are gorgeous!
    Wendy gets the credit for sending me down,the earring path ! I'd been making Sterling earrings but for some reason was resisting pearls ... I finally listened to her lol. Thank you Wendy !

Wendy - you are correct ..you cannot knot between tiny pearls . It looks terrible as the knots are half the size of the pearls. I think you have to just let long sections go without knots. Since it's short you wouldn't have quite the same threat of breaking what would exist in a longer one. I've knotted at the clasp and the end pearls as usual and then again about an inch down from the clasp and then down at the lavender. Only took about 3 hours lol

As for your warning about the path I might be on...no worries there ! I'm a committed Pearl Dilittante! You know me ...I buy a few things here and there that catches my eye or that someone has requested. Things that might become useful in some project down the line . Then they go in a bag and sit in my cave with all my other bags ...safe and sound ...and mine ....alllllll mine ..... ( need a dragon picture haha)

Second-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member Icyjade's Avatar

For my new graduated triple, they are unknotted except for the last 3 pearls at the end. PP told me that they typically don't knot graduated strands. Also the Japanese vendors don't typically knot between every strand and I was told that it's not the norm to knot between every pearl for them. Oh and that I shouldn't be concerned re the pearl nacre wearing away too.

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert JerseyPearl's Avatar

Interesting, Icy. My triple strand akoya is knotted between all three strands...I wonder if that's just for freshwater pearls?
    Etsy shop: OceansCove
    Instagram: OceansCove
    Facebook: Ocean's Cove Jewelry
    Amazon Handmade: Ocean's Cove
    Pinterest: OceansCove

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BlackPearlDudeDC's Avatar

Not sure how I missed this!! Lovely indeed (Thumbs Up).
    Great Job KB, What size are the tinies here?
    I need to do a tiny necklace and I don't look forward to knots between all the little pearls.

Quote Originally Posted by Katbran View Post
    In response to IcyJade's request for photos of these strands I dove into my bags and dragged them out . I'm glad I went searching as I found so many things I'd forgotten about ...multi ripples ..Tahitians..multi Edisons ...big lumpy flat white rectangles..( saw some a few days ago in a photo by Betty Sue King . ..so they must be cool ) ..all in all a reminder that I should do something with all of this stuff .

For scale ..the little oval earrings are 8.5-9

Nothing terribly pricey but I thought they were pretty .... I likd the various shades rather than perfect matches ..
    So IcyJade , my dear , as requested..
    Attachment 47980

I don't have it in front of me but I think they were around 3mm-4mm ... the largest pearl is only about 8.5 as I recall. They were very pretty...I went through a whole tub of them to find 3 with good colour...most were the normal pale lavender that goes a bit .. tan..?

thanks for posting the pix - they are truly wonderful. Adore the extreme graduation

Thanks Ladonna ! They were/are very pretty and quite a cool look. I sold two and kept one as I was going to give it to my sister in law when I went to America ... but I've run out of time for that trip as I'm off to Hong Kong for the show and then my house goes on the market a month later and then its winter over there. ugh I avoid traveling to the Northern states in the winter..too darn unpredictable. I'll find something different for her and let someone else enjoy it.

Thanks Ladonna ! They were/are very pretty and quite a cool look. I sold two and kept one as I was going to give it to my sister in law when I went to America ... but I've run out of time for that trip as I'm off to Hong Kong for the show and then my house goes on the market a month later and then its winter over there. ugh I avoid traveling to the Northern states in the winter..too darn unpredictable. I'll find something different for her and let someone else enjoy it.
    Oh wonderful. You must be excited about the HK show. I'm hoping to go next year!

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BlackPearlDudeDC's Avatar

It is really tricky finding the "right" shade of lavender, mauve or purple. Sometimes the chocolate overtones are pleasing esp if the luster is really good, but mostly not...and too many of the lavender pearls trend towards muddy.

I don't have it in front of me but I think they were around 3mm-4mm ... the largest pearl is only about 8.5 as I recall. They were very pretty...I went through a whole tub of them to find 3 with good colour...most were the normal pale lavender that goes a bit .. tan..?