Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Red's Avatar

Default Paula Crevoshay Trunk Show

Local Minneapolis jeweler Stephen Vincent Design is having a Paula Crevoshay trunk show this weekend. I attended the opening and purchased her latest book, "Illuminations - Earth to Jewel". The colors, designs and size of her jewels are truly glorious. The artist herself is quite charming, and on a high due to her recent highly successful Paris museum show.

I got a chance to enjoy some of her pieces prior to the opening. There were three pearly pieces that caught my eye. But first, a try of Crevoshay baubles to drool over.

Name:  20161203_125610b.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  49.3 KB
    Last edited by Red; 12-18-2016 at 01:58 AM.

Paula called this piece a goddess, with her tiny golden earrings that swing as you move. The drusy calcedony was gorgeous. I modeled it with my Pearl Paradise Rikitea Tahitian lovelies. The rest of her head is a Chinese freshwater pearl.

Name:  20161203_130336c.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  152.6 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Here are four freshwater pearls surrounding a truly huge moonstone. My jeweler thought this pendant would look great hanging from a strand of large South Sea pearls.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Here is my personal favorite. Pearl, pink spinel and chrome diopside set in an 18kt gold brooch/enhancer/pendant. It is designed to be used with or without the green tourmaline drop.

I'm thinking the pearl is New Zealand abalone, but I will defer to the experts here.

Name:  20161203_132017c.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  103.3 KB

Name:  20161203_125608d.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  85.0 KB

Pearl Scholar Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert pattye's Avatar

Red, A million thanks! I LOVE Paula's work! A high end local jewelry store, only in business briefly, had a small collection of her work that I drooled over.
    Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Quote Originally Posted by pattye View Post
    Red, A million thanks! I LOVE Paula's work! A high end local jewelry store, only in business briefly, had a small collection of her work that I drooled over.
    You are so welcome, Pattye. I keep coming back to that eight-sided pendant/enhancer, which is on a more human scale than some of Paula's other pieces. I tried on a bejeweled lady slipper and it was definitely wearing me, rather than the other way around. I said I can't afford her work, but then I come home that night, and there is an inheritance check in the mail that day that is making me wonder if this piece should be mine.

This Santa Maria aquamarine ring was there, and I tried it on. This stunning stone was originally in a museum. Paula's husband told me the story of how the museum had a robbery, and decided that they didn't need the liability of having precious gemstones in storage. So they offered it to Paula to work her magic. I didn't dare to ask the price.

Now, if my birthstone actually looked like this all of the time, instead of pale and washed out, I might actually like aquamarine.

Name:  b91828e3cd20a51764bbe529f5fcb861.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  45.5 KB
    Last edited by Red; 12-17-2016 at 08:16 PM.

Pearl Enthusiast Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Pearl Dreams's Avatar

Wow! They are all beautiful but the aquamarine is astonishing.

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

Wow, gorgeous. Thanks for sharing. Your favorite has a very Renaissance feel to it.

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Marianne's Avatar

Such beautiful creations. Thanks for sharing, Red!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    Wow, gorgeous. Thanks for sharing. Your favorite has a very Renaissance feel to it.
    Exactly what Paula said, BWeaves. It would look great on my Renaissance Festival dress which is made of green silk dupioni. With that jewel, I would be the best decked out lady at the Ren Fest.

Thank you, Pearl Dreams.

You are so welcome, Marianne.

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert newberry's Avatar

I'm drooling over all of these. If one does end up coming home with you. Please bring it to the ruckus next summer.

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

Wow Red ! These photos really woke me up this Sunday morning!! Geeeez that ring !! Amazing ! Really interesting work all around. I'm going to have to look her up now and see more ! Thanks for posting! Must have been great to see all this at a trunk show !

Thanks newberry and Katbran. There were numerous flower rings and pendants, and a lady slipper that was different than earlier variations of that flower. She makes one-of-a-kind pieces, and all were so bright and beautiful. And big. When I commented on the size, she said she found she tends to design bigger pieces as she gets older. I would note that most, if not all, of her earrings had removable drops, so you could wear the top portion alone. Even so, they are statement earrings.

Here are a couple of pieces that I actually held in my hands. 18kt green zircon and tsavorite ring and the most amazing red and green tourmaline pendant. The tourmalines all come from the same mine in California, and were cut by Paula's late first husband, George. One of a kind, never to be made again. Big and bold statement pieces. The pendant looks small next to that huge ring. I think it was about four inches tall. A big piece to wear. There was also a dragon fly that was about five inches long. A statement piece for sure. Here is Paula wearing it during her talk in Paris.

Name:  Ring.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  9.4 KB Name:  Tourmaline.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  9.7 KB Name:  Paula.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  11.3 KB
    Last edited by Red; 12-19-2016 at 03:35 AM. Reason: Adding Screen Grab of Paula wearing the Dragon Fly

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member trulyviolet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    You are so welcome, Pattye. I keep coming back to that eight-sided pendant/enhancer, which is on a more human scale than some of Paula's other pieces. I tried on a bejeweled lady slipper and it was definitely wearing me, rather than the other way around. I said I can't afford her work, but then I come home that night, and there is an inheritance check in the mail that day that is making me wonder if this piece should be mine.
    i would say......yes it is that's no coincidence