Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member Pearly-Whites's Avatar

Cathy--I am so happy to see those pearls on you. They are wonderful and you wear them beautifully! Congratulations and great grab across the seas!!

Third-graft Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

Those are beautiful on you, Cathy. I love the shape, luster, and ombre effect. Very nice!

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert CathyKeshi's Avatar

Thank You, Red! Surrounded by thousands of skeins of hand dyed yarns, in colors and combos to dream of, I shouldn't have been surprised by people with an eye to noticing color. Might have also been because I was the ONLY one wearing pearls. Everyone else was wearing their hand knit shawls, scarves, woven pieces ... my own shawl, finished in the wee hours, was in a bag to show it's yarn dyers, but unwearable because I didn't have time to weave in the loose ends and block the shawl ... so the pearls were the understudy lol ... and they were up to the job.
    Cathy

CathyKeshi

Internet was wonky last night, and I could only see on my phone, so I'm playing "catch up".

Katbran, yes, I fell in love with the spring flower petal colors; Thanks!

Bailey 1856, I've been just dreaming of an ombre strand ... any ombres LOL ... so I was thrilled to get these. Thank You

Gem Geek, I bet you weren't surprised by the new owner It was pretty clear I was in love with these, pursuing them shamelessly lol. Doubled is the way I like them best; shows off the shading the best, I think. Thank you so much!

Newberry; these pearls shouted at me from across the sea like a mermaid's siren call ... I love them.

Pearly-Whites; it was such a fun adventure to figure out how to adopt these pearly treasures; I'm delighted with them. Many thanks

SunSeeker, Thank you; that's sweet! Finally ombre pearls ... I've regretted giving up an ombre strand of Tahitians a while back in favor of another strand. I still think of that strand "Why, oh why did I do that???", although I think it lives with one of our PG friends now. So when this ombre chance came up, I was determined ...!

Thank you all so much
    Cathy

CathyKeshi

Natural Pearl Lover Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert MSC's Avatar

You look radiant in your new ombre strands, Cathy!!

Thank you MSC; it's the pearls that are radiant, but I'll take whatever help I can get lol.
    Cathy

CathyKeshi

Second-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member

Oh Cathy, you look so radiant wearing your new pearls - a perfect match!! Can't wait to see you wearing them in person!!

I truly look forward to that, lmgarden ... wish it was tomorrow Hopefully July ruckus. Thank You!
    Cathy

CathyKeshi

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Sanippy's Avatar

Cathy!! Congratulations! They look stunning as an ombré rope and you wear them so well.

First-graft Pearl Senior Member Lugana's Avatar

Oh I'm so glad you like them Cathy! I'm double glad that all the three strands stayed together - they make a lovely set all together)) thank you very much for this experience - your sureness helped us through)))) I love the way you toped them!))

I LOVE the pearls, Lugana ... the pearls were lovely to begin with, but it's the way you put them together, with the eye of an artist, that stole my heart! I turn them a different way each time I wear them, so I can see all the colors, like a bouquet of flowers My job description for many years involved a lot of projects, all of which boiled down to "Go figure out how to get this done" lol ... came in handy, although I admit the postal services make me nervous All in, a delightful experience!!!
    Cathy

CathyKeshi

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

Cathy: ". . . Surrounded by thousands of skeins of hand dyed fibers and yarns, and the artists who create the glorious colors and use them. . ."

That sounds like heaven to me. Yarn and pearls. A weaver's paradise.

It was, BWeaves! Even if I was the only pearl representative lol ... the colors on those yarns made me dizzy. While there were spinning wheels, a loom or 3, some raw wool etc., the focus was more on knitting etc, finished yarns as it was a small show, close to me. Still, for a color junkie like me, delirious. I have been lobbying to go to the Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival later this spring; similar but MUCH bigger ... not that I NEED more yarn ... or pearls LOL.
    Cathy

CathyKeshi

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

I've been dyeing (pun intended) to go to the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival for years. Greg retires in June, and then our travel opportunities open up to any time of year. We won't be locked into his school year anymore.

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert amti's Avatar

You look so happy and lovely wearing your new pearls, Cathy. Your smile put a smile on my face.