Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member Lugana's Avatar

Default Matched FW metallic pairs go into... a necklace! or 3 necklaces))

Hi everyone,

First of all, I would like to thank all and every forum member for sharing there thoughts, ideas and projects. Since I've joined, I felt very inspired with this thread topics - it's amazing how many ideas are shared here. It made me feel braver
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________
    Pre-story:
    I think I mentioned already, I live in a very distant province of Spain. I have a rather extended collection of my own pearls, and some time ago (with a kind push from husband worded as "WHAT?? MORE pearls??") I started running a Sunday market stall to balance my desire to buy pearls and our joint desire to support the local animal rescue kennel (we have a dog from them, who "helps" me a lot with matching so it all goes hand in hand)).

About a year ago I've got a lot of 100 matched metallic freshwater drop pearls, and used to make 2-3 pairs of earrings a week. Playing on the safe side)) but my inner "designer" me started craving for more, and I've had an idea of making a necklace out of matched pairs. That would be a way more expensive than my average project, and also once drilled through the pearls could not be used any more as earrings. I've been thinking about it for a few months, until finally..

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

Last Friday I had a glass of wine. And then another one. And then I drilled 54 pairs through. I added some matched pairs of metallic ripples, and this all together resulted into three strands.

Name:  Mettalic strands 1.JPG
Views: 428
Size:  83.2 KB

Name:  Mettalic Strands 3.JPG
Views: 423
Size:  78.0 KB

After matching onto temporary thread, I went to Patricia's etsy store and ordered a wide variety of Beaders Secret threat. The delivery to Spain is almost 14 dollars, so it made sense to order more at a time. I used to string on pure silk, but the choice of colours is very limited here.. so I feel very excited about all the different colours! Patricia was super quick with shipping and even gifted 2 needles to me I cannot wait to try it, after reading so many great reviews!

One part of me still says I shouldn't have done it, and they will not sell. I think I will keep one to myself, and let's see what will be with the others.. But at least it made a difference in my routine thanks everyone)
    Last edited by Lugana; 12-06-2016 at 05:36 PM.

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert JerseyPearl's Avatar

Lugana, those are really really wonderful strands you have made! The addition of the ripple pearls really adds such a wonderful element to the strands! I would love to see a neck shot. Seriously, I love your placement of the pearls...not fussy at all. They look like they were meant to be that way, as if they came out of the shell in that order. Did I say how much I LOVE this? (and I should note, I am very partial to multicolor pearl strands)
    Etsy shop: OceansCove
    Instagram: OceansCove
    Facebook: Ocean's Cove Jewelry
    Amazon Handmade: Ocean's Cove
    Pinterest: OceansCove

Pearl Enthusiast Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Pearl Dreams's Avatar

Remarkable strands. They look fabulous!

Beautiful necklace

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert CathyKeshi's Avatar

Lugana, those 3 strands are brilliant! Really lovely, inventive and gorgeous!!! My family and I visited Spain this past spring, and found it to be truly wonderful ... we long to return ... and yes, if I were wandering in Spain, I'd buy all 3 of those strands in a heartbeat I'd also love to see more photos ...
    Cathy

CathyKeshi

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Sanippy's Avatar

Ooh I love these!! And the ombré look! So pretty!

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

Oh those necklaces look great. The luster of the pearls is fantastic. Great job, Lugana. I love those candy-colored pearls, they're almost edible.

Consumer Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert kelluvpearls's Avatar

Gorgeous I love the FW drops and their colour. Can't wait to see the finished product!

Natural Pearl Lover Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert MSC's Avatar

Wow, really beautiful

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

Those are gorgeous!

Second-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member kalmen22's Avatar

Love it. Oh some neck shots please.

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member Lugana's Avatar

JerseyPearl, THANK you for your lovely comment! I've wanted these strands to look a bit "summery" (if I can say so)), sort of lighter organic look, and ripples added some nice texture contrast to it) I'm so pleased you like it)
    Congratulations on your new Etsy shop! So glad for you!!

Thank you Cathy! it's so nice you enjoyed your stay here - but I bet everything seemed over relaxed and maybe even a bit lazy to you here after the States) I will definitely post neck shots after I receive the parcel from Patricia and finish the necklaces)

Pearl Dreams, JoannaK, hanadama, Pareltje, kelluvpearls, MSC, BWeaves, kalmen22, thank you ladies! It seems like I didn't waste the pearls in vain since you all approved the result)) I will post more photos when they are strung! thank you for support)

Second-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member

This is so lovely! I so love the colour graduation.

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert JerseyPearl's Avatar

Thank you Lugana!
    Etsy shop: OceansCove
    Instagram: OceansCove
    Facebook: Ocean's Cove Jewelry
    Amazon Handmade: Ocean's Cove
    Pinterest: OceansCove

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

Luganda ...those are gorgeous! I love the multi coloured metallic strands ..so summery and pretty ! Well done ! I spent a month in Spain last year ...such a beautiful country ! Everyone was very friendly and so helpful ! Loved it and want to go back and do the South coast !