Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fragrance Love

Pearl Enthusiast Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Pearl Dreams's Avatar

lmgarden, you may also enjoy Hermès Hermessence Rose Ikebana. (Despite its name it isn't particularly rosy.) The Hermessence line isn't carried in department stores; you need to go to an Hermès boutique, or online. You can use the online boutique's customer service page to request a sample.

Here is some information about it and a few reviews:

http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/H...bana-2670.html

Second-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member

Thank you, Pearl Dreams! I know of this one, but had forgotten about it. I remember I liked it very much. Definitely worth a trip to the Hermes boutique...

First-graft Pearl Senior Member

Perfume is my first love. I could talk about it all day long! That said, I don't care for fragrance forums too much, because people can be soooooooo snooty. Fragrantica is probably the least pretentious, but people can still be quite dramatic. My very favorite perfume is Serge Lutens' Rousse, but it was taken off the export line a couple of years ago and as I can't really afford to go to Paris to just buy a bottle of perfume, I've been trying to find a replacement. Nothing really comes close, but layering Tom Ford's Santal Blush and Nanadebary Bronze is quite nice. There's also a seller on Etsy who makes extremely affordable but extremely beautiful perfumes. In fact, my current go-to scent is one of their fall limited editions. https://www.etsy.com/listing/4627255...?ref=related-7 $28/oz and the sillage and longevity are perfect.

LVlanghenke, Re: the Lutens, are you aware of this option? http://www.shopfranceinc.com/suzan_shop.htm
    Suzan sells on eBay under the same name (http://www.ebay.com/usr/shopfranceinc)

I've gotten perfumes from her a few times-- she's good.

Third-graft Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert ckrickett's Avatar

I ended up getting 3 fragrances from Killian, Imperial Tea, Forbidden Games and Liaisons Dangeruses. Imperial Tea is a lovely Jasmine, and has a touch of bitterness to it that reminds me of when you slightly overbrew green tea. I have been wearing it to often!

Third-graft Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert ckrickett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LVLanghanke View Post
    Perfume is my first love. I could talk about it all day long! That said, I don't care for fragrance forums too much, because people can be soooooooo snooty. Fragrantica is probably the least pretentious, but people can still be quite dramatic. My very favorite perfume is Serge Lutens' Rousse, but it was taken off the export line a couple of years ago and as I can't really afford to go to Paris to just buy a bottle of perfume, I've been trying to find a replacement. Nothing really comes close, but layering Tom Ford's Santal Blush and Nanadebary Bronze is quite nice. There's also a seller on Etsy who makes extremely affordable but extremely beautiful perfumes. In fact, my current go-to scent is one of their fall limited editions. https://www.etsy.com/listing/4627255...?ref=related-7 $28/oz and the sillage and longevity are perfect.
    I feel the same way about fragrance forums. I usually want to learn more and find out about new fragrances and see what people love. Not feel like it is a competition to who has what

First-graft Pearl Senior Member

@Pearl Dreams -- No, I've never heard of her! Thanks!

By Killian has many beautiful scents. I hate that they stopped selling the 4x .25oz travel refills. $75 for an entire oz only because they come in smaller vials? Sign me up! I'm not in it for the bottles, I'm in it for the juice!

Personally I've enjoyed the fragrance forums for years. I just pick and choose which discussions to get involved in. I don't post as much as I used to. Having been a member for so many years, the topics have gotten a bit repetitive for me. But I still log on every day and read new posts.

Yes, there are some posters (usually male, in my experience on the forum I visit most often) who are immature, contentious, intolerant of others' opinions, or misogynistic. Certain of those have earned a spot my Ignore list for a while. Most of the ladies are quite nice, and some of the longtime male posters.

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member trulyviolet's Avatar

ysl opium here from a billion years ago....they've changed it though now

i could so get into this but only certain ones... a lot give me sinus headaches

i like an amber base .........and something with a mix of patchouli and vanilla.....
    and add a bit of orange....

um, i think you folks are going to be really bad for my impulse control.....

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member Camelotshadow's Avatar

I'm a Guerlain girl. I love orientals with vanilla, rose, gadenia, tuberrose, etc.

Would say my signature fragrance I adopted over 10 years ago is Samsara.

Mom had a nose like a bloodhoud & did not wear scents, She did have a few from the 50's I would smell & sneak a tiny dab.
    I would come down with one of mine on I thought no one could smell & she would be gagging & screaming for air .LOL

I sent her a small bottle of Samsara the real perfume awhile ago & jackpot she loved it.