Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fragrance Love

Third-graft Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert ckrickett's Avatar

Red face Fragrance Love

I was wondering if over PG members loved or collected fragrances. It is a passion of mine, and I never get to talk about it much!

Pearl Enthusiast Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Pearl Dreams's Avatar

I love fragrance! But ckrickett, why not get onto fragrance forums to chat with fellow perfumistas?

I understand there are also Facebook groups of fragrance lovers, although I am not on Facebook so can't point you toward any in particular.

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert dkan 168's Avatar

Boring here with just one scent - Chanel No. 19 that I have been wearing for the past 20 years or so.

DK
    Treat every life situation like a dog: if you can't play with it, eat it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away

Second-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member

Crickett I love and collect perfumes, as well. Recently I bought 'Antonia's Flowers' because a friend was wearing it - the scent is fresh, slightly floral and clean. I tried hers and loved it. But I've noticed the scent changes on me - still nice but not the same. My go to is Frederic Malle 'Carnal Flower', but can be a bit overwhelming if not used sparingly. I send a lot of time in gardens, and often my perfumes are mistaken for actual plants! Guerlain's 'Apple Blossom' is another I really love, but is only available in springtime. I find that I like to switch scents every season.

Pearl Enthusiast Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Pearl Dreams's Avatar

Carnal Flower is the best tuberose I've ever smelled, lmgarden. I think it's Malle's best perfume, personally.

Thanks, Pearl Dreams - I agree the scent is pure and honest. Good thing it needs to be used sparingly because it's soooo expensive...

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member Katalin's Avatar

I'm also very boring. I use Chanel Mademoiselle for a few years, and a Hermes parfum in summer.

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert CathyKeshi's Avatar

Only L'Air du Temps, Nina Ricci ... and only vintage, as the newer stuff just doesn't smell the same after multiple reformulations, sigh ...
    Cathy

CathyKeshi

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Sea Urchin's Avatar

I like Beyond Paradise (Estee Lauder) in the summer and J'Adore (Dior) in the winter. I've happily pared down to having less stuff (aside from pearls, naturally!) so that's it except for my Dolce Vita (Dior), since DH likes it. I got some as a gift once and he complimented it every time I wore it, when he never mentions my perfume otherwise. I think it smells like root beer lol.

Aahhh, Cathy I remember my mother wore LAir du Temps! I used to sneak into her stash and wear it to school.

My grandmother wore Estée Lauder, and boy you could smell her coming from blocks away. I learned then that a little goes a long way!

I have been looking for a good tea scented perfume. I have been intrigued by Kilians Imperial Tea, I need to see if it is what I am looking for.
    My everyday perfume ranged from from Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Universalis Forte,Bvlgari Au de Vert and Creed Aqua Fiorentina, which are very fresh and citrusy scents.

Imperial Tea sounds intriguing. Let us know what you think after you try it. I find I'm drawn to floral scents that need to be fresh and pure, or at least smell fresh and pure on me- nothing heavy. For a long time I wore only Annick Goutal Flavoviel (sp?). It smelled like fresh laundry, but I believe it's discontinued. Then I switched to Annick Goutal La Violette - a very light floral. I'm ready to switch it up to something other than floral, but not powdery.

I really love Maison Francis Kurkdjians Aqua Universalis Forte, its slightly floral but mostly very fresh and citrusy, you may like it lmgarden

Thanks for the tip, crickett. Sounds like a good match - I'll search for it.

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member Frost Me's Avatar

I love the original "Coach"perfume spray. I could only find the perfume version from a Coach store. Years later Coach placed in department stores Eau du Toilette version and it was not near the same as the perfume along with others versions. It is not being produced now. I had recently found a bottle at Nordstroms Rack yea. Might be online too.

Recently Chanel "Allure" Eau du Toilette has caught my attention, it reminds me of "Stolen Moments" from Bath and Body 16 years ago. I'm not very exotic like you Ckrickett!
    Last edited by Frost Me; 09-26-2016 at 02:29 AM.