Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BlackPearlDudeDC's Avatar

Btw in answer to the original question I failed to answer: Yes...I do yet I'm to ashamed to say what, and my credit cards are probably even more ashamed than I am lol

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BlackPearlDudeDC's Avatar

If ever I was jealous of someone it is of those that get to spend their days as researchers with a focus on Animal and Plant life. I should've been a wild life biologist, maybe in another life!

Quote Originally Posted by MSC View Post
    This applies to me as well. I live and work in a remote wilderness area where I am often solitary, so I find myself wearing pajamas, workout clothes, or my work uniform most of the time. I used to work at Anthropologie while I was in school, so I have some nice clothing and shoes, but it generally sits sadlu unused in my closet. I could buy jewelry all day long!

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

I splurge on travel, I travel quite a lot... and I love culinary specialties of the places I visit

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert battah's Avatar

This thread makes me think back on the days when my husband and I were DINKs - I had a handbag problem and a shoe problem, developed a jewelry problem, a makeup problem... Now with daycare tuition being what it is in the DC area (as much as college in a lot of other places), I have to limit myself. My excuse for still buying jewelry is that I need to have a nice collection to share with my daughter when she's old enough
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/LiliasTreasures

Instagram: @LiliasTreasures

Second-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member Icyjade's Avatar

I can just continue using any old bag I guess but this is so cute. Can be worn as a cross body, sling and clutch (when the chain is removed). Plus I haven't been shopping for so long I went crazy when I had some time before my flight at the airport.

Thought of this thread when I came back heh.

image.jpeg
    Bottega Veneta mini messenger bag

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert JerseyPearl's Avatar

Love that bag! It is timeless, classic, and modern all at the same time.

And adding a philosophy that my mother taught me..."I'd rather wear it than drive it."

Fun thread! Now that we are empty nesters, and the last college tuition is saved and ready to be paid for our sophomore at Drexel, (I am a double mother of dragons) we can indulge a bit. I remember the days all too well of never eating out, watching every penny like a hawk and squeezing a nickel hoping for a dime to come out. I like expensive perfume and makeup, nice clothes (was a fashion major in college) and hubs wants to drink really good scotch, and less than 4 stars just wont cut it. I think of investing in good jewelry as a legacy for my kids, a way for them to remember me for many generations. I also really love the challenge of getting all these indulgences at bargain prices, not because I have to, but because who doesn't love a great deal?

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert JerseyPearl's Avatar

pammbw, what a great sentiment! And Drexel is a great University...I have a few friends with kids there/recently graduated. And I absolutely agree with you on the challenge of getting a bargain!!
    Etsy shop: OceansCove
    Instagram: OceansCove
    Facebook: Ocean's Cove Jewelry
    Amazon Handmade: Ocean's Cove
    Pinterest: OceansCove

Lol, I was with you on the "I'd rather wear it than drive it" thing, until hubs got me a cute little convertible Christmas gift. That's a whole lot of fun on 4 wheels! I'd still rather have it in carats though....

Pearl Scholar Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert pattye's Avatar

My idea of ultimate luxury would be to have a personal trainer/physical therapist at least 5x per week and a massage whenever I wanted it. Staying healthy and fit as possible as I age so I can keep on doing all the fun stuff ~ that's where it's at for me.
    Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Sanippy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pattye View Post
    My idea of ultimate luxury would be to have a personal trainer/physical therapist at least 5x per week and a massage whenever I wanted it. Staying healthy and fit as possible as I age so I can keep on doing all the fun stuff ~ that's where it's at for me.
    That would be amazing! Throw in some yoga classes and unlimited money to spend at wholefoods/organic grocery stores and I'm there!

Pearl Scholar Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert pattye's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hanadama View Post
    That would be amazing! Throw in some yoga classes and unlimited money to spend at wholefoods/organic grocery stores and I'm there!
    Hanadama, OH YES!! Thank you, great addition!
    Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

Ahhhh.. IcyJ .... a woman after my own heart...I love bags.... but I have to admit that as time goes by I've found myself carrying the same one all the time . .. a LV tote that is lightweight and I can just fill it up with all my electronic bits and pieces and shopping .... So many of my bags I now find are too heavy and annoy me . Love that bag !

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert amti's Avatar

I think I'm a pretty simple person other than my pearls. I'm not into brand names or shopping but my daughter has made up for my lack of them. She says that if she wears it daily, then the cost is pennies or less a day. I can't argue that because it is very true and some brands have amazing quality and customer service.

My idea of luxury is similar to Pattye's. Ideally, I want be to be fit and healthy without having to work at it. I'm still trying to figure out how to make that happen. Having a magic nose like Bewitched so I can travel anywhere immediately would be ideal, as well as having delicious meals available whenever I got hungry.